Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 09:32 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,766,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
She didn't tell them to leave, she said if they don't like it why don't they. She has a point, most blacks talk so grand of their "Mother Land", like it is some utopia and talk down about America calling it a racist nation. I think it's a valid question. /Shrug
wtf??? I haven't heard of even a couple of blacks who say that. Maybe someone born there, who lived there, and is home sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 10:27 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,765,527 times
One of my siblings had their FB hacked and it did post some crazy sexual messages that I know that they would not have put online so I contacted them via phone about it and they had been hacked. They didn't know because they don't post on FB often.

I think they should have done some sort of investigation. I like to give people the benefit of doubt and I think due to me working previously in HR, I have this mindset about something like this.

Another poster mentioned the scrutiny teachers are under and teachers are aware of this in regards to their social media posts. If she doesn't have a history of this and it was an all of a sudden thing then I can see some validity in her claim of being hacked.

On this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
She didn't tell them to leave, she said if they don't like it why don't they. She has a point, most blacks talk so grand of their "Mother Land", like it is some utopia and talk down about America calling it a racist nation. I think it's a valid question. /Shrug
Black Americans are from America and have been here over 400 years. So the whole idea of "going back to Africa" is ignorant considering we've never lived in Africa or been a citizen lol.

Also please note that there is a "black national anthem" and one of the stanzas speaks of being "true to our native land." The "native land" is America.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:31 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,504,350 times
It doesn't seem like her post saying she was hacked was in reaction to any backlash, which makes me wonder if she really may have been hacked.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:33 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,721,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Black Americans are from America and have been here over 400 years. So the whole idea of "going back to Africa" is ignorant considering we've never lived in Africa or been a citizen lol.
I dunno there are plenty of America hating Europhile white Americans who I wish would go back to Europe even though they were born here. I've heard enough about how great they do everything in Europe. I've heard it about big things like healthcare but also petty little things like how they merge in traffic. If they love it so much they should go live there.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,765,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I dunno there are plenty of America hating Europhile white Americans who I wish would go back to Europe even though they were born here. I've heard enough about how great they do everything in Europe. I've heard it about big things like healthcare but also petty little things like how they merge in traffic. If they love it so much they should go live there.
Nothing wrong with thinking that, but I honestly don't know any black person, as another poster mentioned, who has as Dbones states, "talked so grand of their Motherland" in regards to Africa.

I agree many liberals speak positively about specific European countries and I can see how people could tell them to go live there, but that doesn't happen often with black Americans and African countries so the idea that we complain about the country and have a rose colored view of Africa is silly. If anything, I hear more black liberals do the same - speak well of Europe. I actually do know some black people who moved to Europe and some whites who moved to Europe as well or other countries because they felt they would have a better quality of life.

I personally would love to live in an African country temporarily but never anywhere but the USA permanently because this is my home nation and I love my country.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,444,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I wonder if any criticism of illegal immigration would also be considered racist.
Why? Mexicans in America could vote and distanced themselves from blacks during slavery. They had all the rights whites had back then. I do not know why people try to lump them in with blacks. Not the same story.

They are illegal. Mexico is where their oppression is and they are running from it, not to it. We just can't afford to save the world. Our bad.

But in answer to your question, probably in this crappy climate. Silence is your best bet. lol

Old 09-21-2017, 10:56 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,068,096 times
Schools today don't want any backlash or outrage pointed to them.

I don't know what kind of investigations a school can do to determine if a Facebook account was hacked.
They can't.

But I guess it was easier to fire her immediately so the school still looks good in the public eye rather than wait to get info from Facebook itself that her account was indeed hacked and then defend her against any backlash.

I've seen similar things happen in schools and they'd rather take the easy way out.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:03 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,039,583 times
Was expecting hot female teacher.....I am disappointed....hugely disappointed.

Suppose it was hacked. Would it be easy and possible to verify?

Yeah lol at saying thinks like African Americans go back to Africa. Most African Americans probably have longer bloodlines in America than most white Americans, Asian, Americans, Latino Americans, etc

Old 09-21-2017, 11:04 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,406,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
wtf??? I haven't heard of even a couple of blacks who say that. Maybe someone born there, who lived there, and is home sick.
I've heard it many times. Even on here.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:06 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,068,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Was expecting hot female teacher.....I am disappointed....hugely disappointed.

Suppose it was hacked. Would it be easy and possible to verify?

Yeah lol at saying thinks like African Americans go back to Africa. Most African Americans probably have longer bloodlines in America than most white Americans, Asian, Americans, Latino Americans, etc
Between her and the Facebook team..yeah and then provide proof to the school.
But I have no clue how a school can investigate and then fire her based on their investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies