Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 01:33 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
deporting daca folk has zero to do with preserving law and you know it. You hide behind that, it is just your excuse. And to be clear, Trump does not give a damn about DACA, he just sees it as way to maintain his core base.
Obama did not run this thru Congress and it was under executive order which can be canceled by the next President. Do not blame Trump or any conservatives because your Liberal party could not make status for these Squatters.

To set the record straight Daca and their Parents should be Deported. Most countries outside the US would of deported and their families years ago.

Why call people racist when other countries actually enforce their laws.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:34 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I owned a home in AZ less than 7 miles from the MXN border. I have owned a home in Central Mexico since 2008.

All this trump wall crap is just that, crap.

Don't believe him or his followers who live in flyover states...they know not of what they speak.

No wall is needed. Period.
Why are you so frightened by the thought of a wall? If you lived "less than 7 miles from the MXN border", then you would know that the wall Bubba had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings. Yet, for some reason, you see cutting down on crime and illegal crossings as some horrible thing.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is one thing about Trump where he has succeeded and that is making people stand up and take notice of politics and he got people talking about it.

Trump campaigned on a platform of common sense, we have to have secure borders, we cannot allow illegal aliens to take from our society, we need a better health care system that works and that everyone can afford but what we have seen is nothing but our elected that refuse to budge.
We all know that DC is a bubble and our elected move at a snails pace but who knew it was ever this bad?
They are all out for themselves which means their primary motivation is to make as few controversial decisions so as not to jeopardize their chances for reelection.

The GOP despite being in power is running scared because they have seen how the media and Dems have come down on Trump and they do not want to be caught up in that mess.

Amnesty for illegals? What a slap in the face to those immigrants that followed the law and a real disappointment to those who backed and voted for these RINO's.
2018 is a pivotal election year for the GOP but the way they are running now we might as well give Congress back to the Dems.

Why did we bother to vote for Trump if the Republicans were just going to go along with Hillary's plans. What is their next plan to shred the Second amendment?
LOCK HER UP and REPEAL and REPLACE were common sense.

I guess to some.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:40 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I live in Los Angeles . Ground zero for illegal immigration .

Our lovely mayor likes to brag about how his grandpa came here illegally .

He recently went to Mexico and met with Mayor of Mexico City

Tell me if this doesn't sound like he is pro open border ..

Some on here saying Dems are pro enforcement border . Maybe back when Bill Clinton was President ..

Read below:

"Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti turned his trip to Mexico for a climate change summit into a kind of goodwill mission to reassure a Mexican public anxious over President-elect Donald Trump's victory that Los Angeles remains a city that “is open and inviting to immigrants, and always will be.""

“We will not build walls, we will build bridges,” Garcetti told a gathering of reporters from national news outlets in Mexico City on Wednesday.

Mayor Garcetti in Mexico: We will not build walls, we will build bridges | L.A. Weekly

What a traitorous piece of sh*t! Note how he called illegal aliens plain ole "immigrants" also? Who does he think he is trumping federal immigration laws?

Old 10-09-2017, 01:49 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That wasn't what was agreed to.

President Trump agreed to separate the wall from the DACA issue.

By reneging he is holding these people hostage to make us pay for his (poorly conceived) wall.

And I should point out that no one is advocating open borders here, this is not an 'either-or' scenario. The 'wall' is an expensive monument to medieval thinking, there are better ways of controlling the borders. Trump is foisting the wall on us because he is too embarrassed to admit the concept is nonsense. It is Trump's Folly.

The wall is nonsense?

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/ar...ll0331-ON.html

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 10-09-2017, 01:58 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
We have a few Mexican families at our church, the children of "these third world mooches" are very well behaved and respectful, and they are all very kind, very hard working (not mooches) people, made in the image of God the same as the rest of us. I don't care about whether they are "illegal" or not, they are part of my family and I love them.
If they're really well behaved and respectful, they'll immigrate legally.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:57 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
deporting daca folk has zero to do with preserving law and you know it. You hide behind that, it is just your excuse. And to be clear, Trump does not give a damn about DACA, he just sees it as way to maintain his core base.
The Dems could have easily passed amnesty in 2009 the same way they passed Obamacare without a single Republican vote.

But they didn't.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:08 PM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
I can honestly say this is not a big surprise to me.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:00 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That wasn't what was agreed to.

President Trump agreed to separate the wall from the DACA issue.

By reneging he is holding these people hostage to make us pay for his (poorly conceived) wall.

And I should point out that no one is advocating open borders here, this is not an 'either-or' scenario. The 'wall' is an expensive monument to medieval thinking, there are better ways of controlling the borders. Trump is foisting the wall on us because he is too embarrassed to admit the concept is nonsense. It is Trump's Folly.
THen you don't build a "medieval" wall, you build something with modern technology. Common sense.
And did he renege? I told people weeks ago don't go off a Pelosi and Schummer sound bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The alternative would mean letting ICE actually do their job , mandatory e-verify, etc..

All things that would be easily reversed by future administrations.

A wall on the other hand, while certainly not the "be all/end all" solution in and of itself, would have to be physically torn down.

And THATS why the Lefties don't want it.
Yup. A new admin will yank the newly installed troops right off the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Because we do not need a wall. Why should we pander to 35% or the country who blame everything on a problem that has been decreasing for years?

We need the crumbling US infrastructure fixed.

The majority of the country does not support the wall. They do support fixing the infrastructure.

Rasmussen poll: Most don't want border wall | TheHill

Pew study: Majority of Americans still oppose Trump's wall - POLITICO
We can fix the infrastructure when needed. But in all honesty, in many bad weather states, the roads will get destroyed the minute a new snowstorm shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lefties who cry fiscal responsibility as a reason for opposition to the wall are hilarious.....

Who do you think you're fooling? Lol.

Half of you don't even believe that pile of donkey manure yourselves...

There is one reason and one reason ONLY that the Left opposes the border wall.

.......They're afraid it might actually work

Terrific! I may use this myself. They are extremely afraid it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Dumbest thing I ever heard. You want to control illegal immigration, start punishing the employers. EMPLOYERS create the demand for illegal immigration, NOT illegal immigrants
Yup, we can do that too. Still want a wall.

Quote:
We have a few Mexican families at our church, the children of "these third world mooches" are very well behaved and respectful, and they are all very kind, very hard working (not mooches) people, made in the image of God the same as the rest of us. I don't care about whether they are "illegal" or not, they are part of my family and I love them.
Then they can goto Mexico and make a living. I've been there at least 20 times, day and night. There are Lawyers, Doctors, Dentist, Cops, Border Agents, Soldiers, Bartenders,, Teachers, Professors and other professions, not to mention all of the American factories there...... why can't they go there and do those jobs? Or better yet, how come these people aren't bum rushing the border? Answer me that! Not to mention, in Tijuana, there are tons of cars everywhere...east, west, north and south to and fro...cars everywhere. You wouldn't see that in a real poor place like say N. Korea. The point in Mexico has the 16th highest GDP in the world, there is money and opportunity there. But per capita per household they are 56th. Reason why....unlike the mighty US, there is no security blankets for low achieving families. If your friend are "very hard working", I just gave them tons of options to work in their own land.

Last edited by jacktravern; 10-09-2017 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 10-09-2017, 07:07 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
If they are not here legally they are breaking the law. I generally look down upon family members who break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies