Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:48 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times

Advertisements

Anyone that thinks playing the National Anthem is fake patriotism or is too lazy or disinterested to stand should go live somewhere else.

The Anthem is part of America. Love it or leave it. I'm tired of the bed wetting liberals whining about everything and ruining what this country stands for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 10:49 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Most countries only play anthems in relation to International matches or major sporting occasions.

Football (Soccer) clubs often play the clubs anthem before games, an example would be Liverpool who sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' before mnatches, but there are numerous other examples.
Ok thanks. I was always curious if other countries did the same thing.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:49 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
If you think about it, it's kind of silly how the national anthem gets played at all these sporting events.
Yep. It is "silly" to honor those men who died with the national anthem. Who cares, right? We have freedom in this nation, just 'cause. **** those dead soldiers.

I tell ya, people who think the national anthem is silly turn my stomach.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:51 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's just as silly to say that others should stop playing it as it is to demand others must stand.

People should stand out of respect for everything the country has given them even if that is only a safe opportunity to work and raise a family.

Years ago I went to a Brazilian Rodeo in Massachusetts and they played the anthem and the crowd which was mostly from Brazil couldn't care less. They then played the Brazilian national anthem and the place went wild with the crowd singing along and cheering at the end.

That was rather telling. If your country is so great then what are you doing here? Show some respect for the country that took you in and allows you to live a good life.

That was almost 20 years ago and a sign of the times ahead.
I wonder if they even bother to play Americas anthem today or they just skip to the Brazilian one ?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Anyone that thinks playing the National Anthem is fake patriotism or is too lazy or disinterested to stand should go live somewhere else.

The Anthem is part of America. Love it or leave it. I'm tired of the bed wetting liberals whining about everything and ruining what this country stands for.
But why? At your job do they play the anthem every morning?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
People should stand out of respect for everything the country has given them even if that is only a safe opportunity to work and raise a family.

Years ago I went to a Brazilian Rodeo in Massachusetts and they played the anthem and the crowd which was mostly from Brazil couldn't care less. They then played the Brazilian national anthem and the place went wild with the crowd singing along and cheering at the end.

That was rather telling. If your country is so great then what are you doing here? Show some respect for the country that took you in and allows you to live a good life.

That was almost 20 years ago and a sign of the times ahead.
I wonder if they even bother to play Americas anthem today or they just skip to the Brazilian one ?
You can show patriotism in other ways besides playing the anthem. At international games or matches then I agree that the anthem should be played like your example from above.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Yep. It is "silly" to honor those men who died with the national anthem. Who cares, right? We have freedom, just 'cause. **** those dead soldiers.

I tell ya, people who think the national anthem is silly turn my stomach.
So we are disrespecting dead soldiers for not singing the anthem?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:59 AM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
the National Anthem should stop being played at sporting events.

Colin Kaepernick, is that you?

Old 09-21-2017, 11:00 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
So we are disrespecting dead soldiers for not singing the anthem?
You don't have to sing along. You don't even have to put your hand over your heart.
But at least stand quietly alongside everyone else and let them show their respect.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
You don't have to sing along. You don't even have to put your hand over your heart.
But at least stand quietly alongside everyone else and let them show their respect.
I don't have to stand for the anthem either. Isn't it good that we have a freedom of choice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies