Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2017, 02:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Should this be allowed, ever?

Quote:
Out-of-state religious demonstrators target students this week at two Oshkosh high schools, prompting concerns from parents and even college students who also saw the protesters at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh campus.

a mother of an Oshkosh North student says she's concerned about the safety of the students. Angell tells us the protesters were using derogatory terms toward female students.

The demonstrators were at both Oshkosh West and Oshkosh North high schools using bullhorns and yelling religious chants from the sidewalk.
Religious demonstrators causing concern for parents and students - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 03:02 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Is it Westboro Baptists?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:05 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Oh, they have a point. I would definitely be more afraid of these religious protesters and be more concerned for my safety than I would with, say, a gang of masked people carrying bats and torches, chanting "death to whitey," or other such harmless remarks.

Ultimately, I have to give credit to this "Lt. Lecker." He/She seems to have an extremely rare gift of intellect: "If you are offended by it or you don't want to hear it that you simply don't interact with them and leave the area," says Lt. Lecker. I suppose we will probably read of a lawsuit filed against Lt. Lecker soon for hate speech. God forbid not listening to or ignoring protesters.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Oh, they have a point. I would definitely be more afraid of these religious protesters and be more concerned for my safety than I would with, say, a gang of masked people carrying bats and torches, chanting "death to whitey," or other such harmless remarks.

Ultimately, I have to give credit to this "Lt. Lecker." He/She seems to have an extremely rare gift of intellect: "If you are offended by it or you don't want to hear it that you simply don't interact with them and leave the area," says Lt. Lecker. I suppose we will probably read of a lawsuit filed against Lt. Lecker soon for hate speech. God forbid not listening to or ignoring protesters.
How do you ignore them when they are using bull horns by schools? These students have to walk to class, no?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:15 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
I looked in vain for what these folks are protesting.

They don't like the name Oshkosh for some reason? Oshkosh is a den of iniquity, yea, surpassing Las Vegas?

However, unless there is a state law or city ordinance that says otherwise, the protestors can be there. Hopefully, everyone will recognize they are idiots. That does seem rather obvious.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Is it Westboro Baptists?
Doesn't say. Only that they are from out of state.

But this would seem to make them suspect.
Quote:
"I didn't think it was very appropriate with their language. I think that if they would have taken a different route and been a bit more nicer we could have seen their point of view on things," ninth-grader Tiffany Eggers said.
Religious protesters target Oshkosh high schools

Old 10-01-2017, 04:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

WHAT !!! I can't believe you're not deeply outraged and afraid of 4 people with bullhorns.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:52 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,789,749 times
I could hear them from my house, seriously. They were calling girls "wh*res" and other vile names, for some strange reason.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:31 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times

This is HILARIOUS. The parents are suddenly concerned for their kids because they're being confronted with protesters using derogatory terms and shouting into bullhorns?

Apparently, they're unaware of what's been going on at college campuses the last 20 years--student protesters, and the usual activists being bused from campus to campus, saying plenty of bad words, and shouting at other students--with and without bullhorns.

Thanks for the laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies