Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do wealthy people owe the 99% something? Should they?
Yes 78 35.62%
No 141 64.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 01:00 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

Says the robber to his victim!
Please, I am one of your so called victims now. Thanks to that safety net, I was able to stay afloat and make something to death. Without it, I would have starved to death on some street corner and wouldn't be here anymore.

Society (though not you apparently) has agreed to the safety net, because we don't want to see people starving to death in the streets and possibly turning to crime to survive (and no, TAXES ARE NOT STEALING!!!!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 01:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Please, I am one of your so called victims now. Thanks to that safety net, I was able to stay afloat and make something to death. Without it, I would have starved to death on some street corner and wouldn't be here anymore.

Society (though not you apparently) has agreed to the safety net, because we don't want to see people starving to death in the streets and possibly turning to crime to survive (and no, TAXES ARE NOT STEALING!!!!!!)
Income, property and estate taxes are stealing.

Once upon a time, the society agreed to have slavery. Does that make it right?

Taking other people's property with coercion is not fair, just or moral!

And give me a break. Victim of your own doing is not victim - nobody puts a gun on your head and makes you an victim.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Income, property and estate taxes are stealing.

Once upon a time, the society agreed to have slavery. Does that make it right?

Taking other people's property with coercion is not fair, just or moral!

And give me a break. Victim of your own doing is not victim - nobody puts a gun on your head and makes you an victim.
I was using your own words, you were calling taxpayers victims, and I was saying that now I am a taxpayer.

And just stop it already. You are never going to get a majority in this country to agree with your position, so I think you need to either change your world view, or move to a different country that shares your current one....

Old 10-01-2017, 02:45 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I was using your own words, you were calling taxpayers victims, and I was saying that now I am a taxpayer.

And just stop it already. You are never going to get a majority in this country to agree with your position, so I think you need to either change your world view, or move to a different country that shares your current one....
Just because "the majority in this country agree" does NOT mean it is moral, fair and just!!!!

Stealing and robbing are morally corrupt and wrong. Forcing other people to pay your crap is wrong. Taking money that you haven't earned is wrong.

That's just basic human decency.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Just because "the majority in this country agree" does NOT mean it is moral, fair and just!!!!

Stealing and robbing are morally corrupt and wrong. Forcing other people to pay your crap is wrong. Taking money that you haven't earned is wrong.

That's just basic human decency.
Again, this obviously isn't your country then.....

Try Brazil maybe? They let their poor live in absolute poverty with absolutely no safety net. Sounds right up your alley

Old 10-01-2017, 04:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No it's true .The 1% don't pay what they owe.The middle class carries this country and with the vanishing middle class the problems start to get bigger and bigger.
you want to try again on that?

the top 1% take in about 19% of the income in this country, and pay 37% of the taxes collected by the IRS

the top 10% pay 70% of the taxes collected by the IRS

the top 50% pay 97% of the taxes collected by the IRS

so tell me again how the rich are not paying their fair share? and just what would their fair share be?

Old 10-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

the top 1% take in about 19% of the income in this country, and pay 37% of the taxes collected by the IRS

so tell me again how the rich are not paying their fair share? and just what would their fair share be?
See post #487

Old 10-01-2017, 07:08 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

BS,and the rich agree with me,trump doesn't pay his fair share or he would tell people he did.

7,000 Millionaires Paid No Income Tax - Business Insider

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw.../#299eb542dfee

Some Billionaires Paying Less Than One Percent In Taxes [WATCH] | HuffPost

Old 10-01-2017, 07:11 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Why should they? When we start punishing people for achieving the "American Dream" there will no longer be an American dream. If someone makes 10 times what I do and pays 20 times the taxes I do I think they've paid enough. They certainly don't owe me anything. I did nothing to deserve what they worked for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies