Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 12:10 PM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

The USA stopped testing nukes in the Pacific in 1963 and moved to Nevada underground where that was stopped in 1992.

We know better now then to test these destructive weapons in the ocean. NK should know but they do not care.

It cannot be good for the earth to detonate a powerful hydrogen bomb. I don't know why we are not hearing anything from the global warming crowd condemning this? They seem more concerned with what comes out of a autos tailpipe then they do about the radioactivity.

Will NK bring the bomb out into the middle of the ocean on a boat or will it be on a missile? If it is on a boat then that could be blocked much like we saw in the reality show "whale wars" . We could make a reality show about this called "Nuke wars" ....
Seriously though my fear is if they launch a missile with the warhead attached and it goes off course how can NK guarantee that it will not explode over populated land, an island, or ships or affect the flight path of planes?

This is the real danger that their missile will go off course and destroy more than marine life and the environment. What would the worlds response be if that happened and all Kim Jong has to say is "OOPS... SORRY"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 12:10 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
So teh poor peasant Kris got scared?
Not scared. Sickened. Watching sadistic dolts doing sadistic things sickens healthy individuals. You would not understand.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Because it's not a "community" and the robber baron is not the police.

He's not even a good neighbor. He knocks off anyone who gets in the way of his business profits, and overall he's more dangerous to everyone else than those two guys ever could be.
Isn't it you leftists who tell the rest of us uniformed folks that the world IS a community? Now it is not? How convenient.

And does it take a policeman to assist a neighbor being tortured? You're sitting by the window gulping diet Coke and woofing Cheetos, watching Rachel Madcow ranting on TV, and you hear the neighbor lady scream. You glance out the window, see an assailant cutting her leg off and then looking at you, screaming "You're wife is next." You give them the finger and go back to watching Rachel. Are you sure the "Robber Baron" is more despicable than you are?

Old 09-22-2017, 12:17 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We typically don't send them over Japan's airspace unless we are at war with them. Especially when we don't have a clue as to what we are doing and our missiles could unexpectedly detonate at any moment. Starving engineers with a second grade education do not make good missile designers.
Thatś the thing. One mistake and we are on him like flies on a fresh laid piece of blank.

Weŕe just waiting for him to make a mistake and hit us. That's all it takes. Since he keeps pushing his luck itĺl be anytime now.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:23 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The USA stopped testing nukes in the Pacific in 1963 and moved to Nevada underground where that was stopped in 1992.

We know better now then to test these destructive weapons in the ocean. NK should know but they do not care.

It cannot be good for the earth to detonate a powerful hydrogen bomb. I don't know why we are not hearing anything from the global warming crowd condemning this? They seem more concerned with what comes out of a autos tailpipe then they do about the radioactivity.

Will NK bring the bomb out into the middle of the ocean on a boat or will it be on a missile? If it is on a boat then that could be blocked much like we saw in the reality show "whale wars" . We could make a reality show about this called "Nuke wars" ....
Seriously though my fear is if they launch a missile with the warhead attached and it goes off course how can NK guarantee that it will not explode over populated land, an island, or ships or affect the flight path of planes?

This is the real danger that their missile will go off course and destroy more than marine life and the environment. What would the worlds response be if that happened and all Kim Jong has to say is "OOPS... SORRY"
He will have about enough time to say that, but only that. That's the only thing we need to start bombing.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:26 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Kim jong un is threatening to test a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific soon and the fallout from it could be far reaching.

What can be done to stop the test?

What happens if North Korea tests a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific? - CNN

When the Fukashima nuclear plant in Japan had its meltdown we had radioactive debris washing up on our shores. Who knows how it affected the ocean and the creatures in it.
If "rocket man" sets off a bomb what if a commercial airplane flying nearby is affected by the flash or EMP and it crashes? Could it be viewed as an act of war? What if the NK missile goes "off course" and affects a populated area?

We have so many people that are flipping out about global warming. What affect will a hydrogen bomb and its radioactive fallout have on the earth? The global warming crowd seems more concerned about Trump talking tough at the UN then they do about a hydrogen bomb detonation?

What can be done to stop this test?
All I can say is I hope some hackers get into the system and it detonates prematurely on the launch pad. That d***head nuking himself would be hella funny.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:38 PM

Ultimately, the best solution from a "non-interventionist" perspective is to develop an ABM system that would immediately knock anything out of the sky that came from anywhere we did not want it to come from. The libertarian in me sees that as, ultimately, being the most logical means to avoid problems. And then, of course, after having knocked Doughboy's missiles out of the sky the second they got near our airspace, we could decide what to do in return. Unfortunately, we signed agreements years and years ago forbidding such an ABM system.

However, after having said that, and even though I'm principally libertarian by nature, I can't help but to be appalled by some of the things that have been reported by escaped citizens of NK and by spies in NK. As I said above, sadistic acts sicken a healthy individual, no matter the political persuasion. Libertarians are supposed to be "live and let live." But NK is not letting live. They are far worse than the sorts of things that get leftists all riled up, like the antebellum Confederacy, for example. I have a hard time understanding that. Leftists are supposedly outraged by "social injustice." Well, here we have social injustice going on in NK in a huge way. Yet it is okay by most leftists. Could it be that the left really isn't against social injustice or only against it when it suits their goals? If you guys think what goes on within NK with its citizenry is a-okay, there is something wrong with you. I'm, by nature, an extremely selfish person and consider myself to be somewhat of a misanthrope. But even I am disgusted by some of the accounts from NK.

So ultimately, I agree that what goes on in other nations is none of my business. Unfortunately, in the case of The Doughboy, he has made it everyone's business on the planet with his sadism and threats.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
All I can say is I hope some hackers get into the system and it detonates prematurely on the launch pad. That d***head nuking himself would be hella funny.
Even though it would cause a bunch of radioactive fallout and such, it would be exactly what the little moron deserves.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:42 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Let's just admit Kim got the better of Trump and be done with it. By calling Trump a "dotard" which was both scholarly and an epic burn, he proved himself the more charismatic dictator. Stroke Kim's ego over his master wordplay and he should be satisfied. Problem is bruising Trump's ego over Kim getting the better of him will cause him to go full nuclear.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Let's just admit Kim got the better of Trump and be done with it. By calling Trump a "dotard" which was both scholarly and an epic burn, he proved himself the more charismatic dictator. Stroke Kim's ego over his master wordplay and he should be satisfied. Problem is bruising Trump's ego over Kim getting the better of him will cause him to go full nuclear.
Could you show me google earth photos of the political death camps ran by Trump that cuts the legs off from its inmates? Summarily shoots protesters? Jails anyone in disagreement? Starves its population to death to fund the next failed missile experiment? Builds huge uninhabited structures funded by money that could feed the starving people?

If you find that charismatic and scholarly, I question your humanity and sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies