Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 02:09 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This one does.

The fence along Israel's southern border has led to a dramatic drop in infiltrations |
Photo: Reuters

http://www.israelhayom.com/2017/09/1...-infiltration/
Nice. I see you got that picture from a site that also offers such enticements as "You May Also Like - Streak of racy soldier photos shows no signs of subsiding!." Cult 45 is really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days. All you people seem to do is troll the Internet in quest of yellow journalism and supermarket tabloids which offer fare such as "Two headed Baby Born to Lesbian Mom!" or "Aliens from another Planet turned me into a Cockroach!" (byline Franz Kafka) or "ISIS, MAGA or CORFEFE? The Amazing Truth that Crooked Hillary Doesn't Want you to Know!"

Do you have any idea of how ridiculous this makes you people look? Is that picture the latest meme you want to circulate around the Social Media to represent the United States to the World?

Welcome to the Hotel America -

Last thing I remember, I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man, "We are programmed to receive
You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!"

Blech!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 02:59 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
This one does.

The fence along Israel's southern border has led to a dramatic drop in infiltrations |

12 months?
Big deal.

Come back in next year and say the same. Israel's walls are breached all the time. All it takes is a little age.

And the Rio Grande border ain't Israel. At all. The only similarity is sand.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
This one does.

Great post.

For those of you who say walls don't work......take a close look.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:29 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
I note how when how the truth is spoken about the wall and illegal aliens in general the pro-illegals (mostly ethnocentrics) all they have are jokes and insults.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Even if they build a 500ft wall the entire length of the border, and have security like the old Berlin wall, there will still be a huge demand for these 'services', as long as the demand is high enough, someone will find a way. Im sure the drug cartels have a plan in place if a such a wall is built, think about it, they have an unlimited budget and enough pull to do anything, many times the drug cartels are also in the human trafficking biz too.

I think it would be more effective to target the demand side, not the supply end. Ultimately, like with drugs, the US is demanding the services/ products human traffickers provide. Building a wall is not going to stop or even slow down demand.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:41 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Then we mustn't interfere with his entrepreneurial spirit.

"...a human smuggler interviewed in Arizona by USA Today
said that a physical barrier would make it incredibly difficult for illegal aliens to get across."

The old fences were easy to jump but they are being replaced with better barriers as well as more border patrol agents.

I'd like to know how supposedly poor peasants looking for work can afford thousands of dollars to pay traffickers.
Did you even read the story? The gist of it is that he believes the wall will make him a rich man as he will charge more and be more resourceful in finding ways to get people across. He does not think the wall will stop illegal entry.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:50 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Great post.

For those of you who say walls don't work......take a close look.
Tiny country. Here it moves it elsewhere. It's like whack-a-mole. When the fences went up near San Diego, illegal immigration soared in Arizona where there were no fences. As fences were built in Arizona, it switched to Texas where building a wall is problematic. It would mean confiscating thousands of properties and effectively ceding the Rio Grande river to Mexico. While I agree that some additional fencing near the cities could be effective, our best approach is employer crackdowns and more boots on the ground along with technology at the border.

The OP misrepresented a USA Today story. It is an interesting read in its entirety and shows the futility of trying to build a wall across the southern US border to control illegal immigration.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even if they build a 500ft wall the entire length of the border, and have security like the old Berlin wall, there will still be a huge demand for these 'services', as long as the demand is high enough, someone will find a way. Im sure the drug cartels have a plan in place if a such a wall is built, think about it, they have an unlimited budget and enough pull to do anything, many times the drug cartels are also in the human trafficking biz too.

I think it would be more effective to target the demand side, not the supply end. Ultimately, like with drugs, the US is demanding the services/ products human traffickers provide. Building a wall is not going to stop or even slow down demand.
Exactly. As long as there is demand, there will be supply. How much did the "war on drugs" slow down demand for drugs? Not one iota.

The wall is a simple-minded answer for simple-minded people.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:00 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Then we mustn't interfere with his entrepreneurial spirit.

"...a human smuggler interviewed in Arizona by USA Today
said that a physical barrier would make it incredibly difficult for illegal aliens to get across."

The old fences were easy to jump but they are being replaced with better barriers as well as more border patrol agents.

I'd like to know how supposedly poor peasants looking for work can afford thousands of dollars to pay traffickers.
He's not a human trafficker.

He smuggles illegal immigrants across the border, and the migrants do so voluntarily. A human trafficker deals with non-voluntarily action.

It's amusing that they asked him for comment though.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:58 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
He's not a human trafficker.

He smuggles illegal immigrants across the border, and the migrants do so voluntarily. A human trafficker deals with non-voluntarily action.

It's amusing that they asked him for comment though.
Illegal immigrants ?

I thought they were "undocumented"

No human is illegal right ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies