Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 03:23 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times

Advertisements

Motel 6 and ICE: What You Need To Know | Phoenix New Times

I don't understand what the politically correct liberals are making such a big deal about it and believe that illegal immigrants deserve special rights.

According to the article, guest lists are shared with the Phoenix PD for warrant purposes for those who have arrest warrants. This includes of course for American citizens.

I really enjoy Motel 6 myself and they have signs at check-in that the guest lists are shared for law enforcement.

I don't understand what the difference is that guest lists are shared with ICE which is just another law enforcement agency?

Do the liberals now think illegal aliens deserve special rights and that the hotel should have changed policy just to appease La Raza and extremist alien rights leaders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 03:25 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Why do the cops need to know I am staying there?

Old 09-22-2017, 03:25 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,143,681 times
i'll stay at places that don't share my info with law enforcement just because i stay there.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mmigrants.html

Old 09-22-2017, 03:31 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Those of you who think its wrong for MOtel 6 to report illegals, would it also be wrong for a business to report sexual assault or drug use on their premises? I don't see the difference as illegal immigration is a vile and CRIMINAL act.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:37 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Those of you who think its wrong for MOtel 6 to report illegals, would it also be wrong for a business to report sexual assault or drug use on their premises? I don't see the difference as illegal immigration is a vile and CRIMINAL act.
Read closer, they aren't reporting illegals. They're openly sharing guest books of anyone staying there.
Anyone.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:14 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
And you and the clerk at Motel 6 know they are illegal how?

Old 09-22-2017, 05:03 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,143,681 times
Quote:
i'll repeat the same thing: i'll not stay at a place that turns over my name JUST BECAUSE I STAY THERE.

if you're fine with your name being submitted, by all means, book a room.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:08 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
So does ICE asks for identification of every guest or only those that look foreign? So if I'm an American born Hispanic, or other ethnicity other than white, does ICE just assume I'm illegal? No thanks I will stay at hotels that don't share guest lists, and I'm against illegal immigration.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:21 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Hmmm reading the article it seems that it is not practice but optional for the management to send the list of guests to the police or ice. The police can request to see the list if they suspect someone is staying there that is wanted.

I suspect that the person who is checking people in was a bit suspicious of the person so called ICE to check on them.
I would hope that the motel staff is on the ball enough to recognize say an amber alert suspect or someone else who is on the run and has been on the news and they will not be afraid or now restricted from calling the police.

Still I wouldn't want to stay at a place the willingly sent the guest list everyday to the Police but if that particular motel is known as a place where illegal aliens and bank robbers stay then I'd like to know so I don't go there and by all means let the cops do their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies