Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 02:48 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
I guess reading comprehension is not a strong suit for you. Nobody wants war. BUT, we are saying that we have to do it either now, or do it later. It WILL be MUCH harder and deadlier later. And later might be too late.

I know libs love to kick the can down the road and then wait for the adults to take care of their mess and then blame everything on the repubs, but some things just need to get done asap. This can has been kicked too long already. Time to let Mad Dog loose.
Please tell me you aren't calling Trump an adult.

The only thing that's going to "get done asap" is our man-child in the White House is going to provoke the man-child across the globe into launching the world into a war that cannot be won.

And WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
I guess reading comprehension is not a strong suit for you. Nobody wants war. BUT, we are saying that we have to do it either now, or do it later. It WILL be MUCH harder and deadlier later. And later might be too late.

I know libs love to kick the can down the road and then wait for the adults to take care of their mess and then blame everything on the repubs, but some things just need to get done asap. This can has been kicked too long already. Time to let Mad Dog loose.
Later will be more difficult exactly how and why?

You realize that China is more than slightly obligated to jump in if N.K. is attacked without provocation do you not? That makes "later" no worse than right freak'n now. Trump tries to smack Kim and the U.S is in for a world of hurt while dragging the rest of the western nations along for the ride.

You realize that an actual shooting fracas involving China, and by default Russia, would not be a walk in the park and you can count on your shores seeing some actual battle damage dependant upon how desperate U.S. generals get in demanding using nukes to get it over with quickly. THAT would be the end of all of us..

Only really stupid people think a quick and decisive "war" with N.Korea as being a fait-accompli. There has existed no quick and decisive war since the first time you got your azz handed to you in Korea twice. Iraq I was an anomaly as neither Russia nor China had substantial interest in that gravel pit.

Iraq II has once again proven the rule of ill-conceived nature of a war without a desire to win at all costs.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:04 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
The leaders of two nuclear powers having a juvenile pissing match and calling each other names,akin to "your a poopy head, .. Its embarrassing,and with both these imbeciles capable of launching nuclear war heads its a matter to be taken very seriously by the worlds populace.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You missed Kim's main point: He wants to wipe you out!
No he doesn't

Quote:
Not that Syria and Iran and Iraq are cake walks. Kim is directly calling us out. He wants to burn the US to the ground if he had his way.
No he doesn't

Quote:
Of course we understand that he is no match for us today; but that will change if we do nothing.
No it wont

Quote:
China is finally tightening sanctions that that could be because of Trump's 'diplomacy' - although I doubt you see it that way.
How can you see for me when you can't even see for yourself.

Quote:
If we do not get this settled now; your kids and their kids could be doing the practice 'hide under the desk drills' for years to come.
No they wont

You made all this up. North Korea has been pulling this garbage for a long time in order to get aid. Why don't you know that?

Old 09-23-2017, 03:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Default Trump's childish insults are putting our nation at national risk

I like a President to stand up to our enemy's but then again I don't get offended over every little thing, invest in crayons.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:03 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So your solution is to leave it in the hands of....
....someone who is not going to aid their nuclear ambitions like Clinton did or try and ignore the issue like Obama letting it escalate even more. He's already one step ahead of both of them.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Later will be more difficult exactly how and why?
For starters the weapons they are developing will become more accurate, more deadly and more numerous. That tech can and will be shared/exported to other rogue nations like Iran for example.

Quote:
You realize that China is more than slightly obligated to jump in if N.K. is attacked without provocation do you not?
You are naive to think China will give up nearly half a trillion in exports to go to NK's rescue. They have nothing to gain by defending NK but do have a tremendous amount to lose.

Quote:
and by default Russia,
The cold war is over and Russia has absolutely nothing to gain coming to NK's defense. Like China they also have a lot to lose.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
....someone who is not going to aid their nuclear ambitions like Clinton did or try and ignore the issue like Obama letting it escalate even more. He's already one step ahead of both of them.
No, you prefer a man-child who wants to get into a competition with another man-child about whose **** is bigger. That's who you are putting your faith in.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, you prefer a man-child who wants to get into a competition with another man-child about whose **** is bigger. That's who you are putting your faith in.
You can offer your opinions on Trump all day, that doesn't change the facts about the failures of the previous administrations and the consequences of allowing this to escalate further.

I'm putting my faith in someone who has assembled what may be the best overall national security/defense team to occupy the WH ever. In particular Mattis. While Mattis has used much more congenial language what he has stated is the same thing Trump has. At this point I will take his opinion based on vast knowledge over anyone's.

I'll also offer the opinion that while Trump may have the final say in any decisions he will defer to Mattis and his other advisors.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:08 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No he doesn't

No he doesn't

No it wont

How can you see for me when you can't even see for yourself.

No they wont

You made all this up. North Korea has been pulling this garbage for a long time in order to get aid. Why don't you know that?
It doesn't matter how long NK has been pulling this garbage; this is here and now - not then! How many NUKES has he ever tested before? How many rockets has he fired over our allies and towards our forces? You have your fingers stuck in your ears; try pulling them out and also opening your eyes! Kim is more dangerous that he has ever been and he wants all of us to perish.

If China recognizes the problem; why don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies