Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 10:16 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Trump says what the majority of us are thinking and we appreciate it. That's why he wins by a landslide in '20

Old 09-23-2017, 10:30 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times
It is unfortunate that President Trump talks so crude, we need a president that sets a positive example for the country. Disappointed yet again by his words.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:33 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters: 'Get that son of a ***** off the field'

well, I personally don't think he should give these insignificant people any attention, and I certainly don't agree with the NFL player,

but saying He called "this woman" a B is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with woman this time, at least.

LOL

Old 09-23-2017, 10:34 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
And of course, nobody on the left has ever used the word "b****" on anybody.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:35 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trump says what the majority of us are thinking and we appreciate it. That's why he wins by a landslide in '20
actually the data says you are wrong. It says Trump is a minority POTUS so straight off the top it is 100% clear you are not the majority.

done and dusted you are busted.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And of course, nobody on the left has ever used the word "b****" on anybody.
so that makes it OK for the POTUS to talk like ? You are justifying Trump's abusive language and his using his position to target members of the public? you are all for that?

you think it is OK for the POTUS to call a member of the public a "son of a b*****" when they exercise their 1st amendment rights?

really? that is how you want our nation to be run. So next time when we have dem you will be fine with that Dem POTUS attacking any and all republicans who speak out? What about your senator, you mayor, your local council and cop.... Should your sheriff be able to verbally attack your wife or husband or kids...

let me be clear, when you support TRUMP calling a members of the PUBLIC Sons of B*****" you are supporting abuse at every level. and you are support a traffic cop calling your 16 year old daughter a "son of a B******" too.

POTUS is supposed to maintain a high standard and hold others to it. do you understand this? do you understand why it matters when the POTUS punches down?

Old 09-23-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
so that makes it OK for the POTUS to talk like ? You are justifying Trump's abusive language and his using his position to target members of the public? you are all for that?

you think it is OK for the POTUS to call a member of the public a "son of a b*****" when they exercise their 1st amendment rights?

really? that is how you want our nation to be run. So next time when we have dem you will be fine with that Dem POTUS attacking any and all republicans who speak out? What about your senator, you mayor, your local council and cop.... Should your sheriff be able to verbally attack your wife or husband or kids...

let me be clear, when you support TRUMP calling a members of the PUBLIC Sons of B*****" you are supporting abuse at every level. and you are support a traffic cop calling your 16 year old daughter a "son of a B******" too.

POTUS is supposed to maintain a high standard and hold others to it. do you understand this? do you understand why it matters when the POTUS punches down?
Oh please. In comparing the typical language of the general population when I was growing up to the typical language now, we are basically all gutter mouths. I've heard the f-bomb so regularly that it means absolutely nothing to me. It's a filler word, just as the b-word is. That the president uses such words doesn't surprise me in the least. It's nothing that 99.99999% of our population wouldn't be saying in day to day speech. I'm not saying that it's good and I particularly approve of it, but it is what it is.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
sorry mate but you either don't math or are willfully ingoring reality.

Hillary had 3 million more votes that means POTUS is a minority POTUS. it is just math and not hard to understand.
And that matters... why again? You do realize there are states in the union between the two coasts, right? And that we are not governed via mob rule? You are aware of the structural workings of a representative republic, correct?

I hear this "popular vote" thing over and over again. It doesn't matter. The only reason it is on the playlist is that you guys need something to sooth the sting of an unexpected defeat. It's the old, "Oh yeah???? Well my dad can beat your dad up!!!"

Old 09-23-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Oh please. In comparing the typical language of the general population when I was growing up to the typical language now, we are basically all gutter mouths. I've heard the f-bomb so regularly that it means absolutely nothing to me. It's a filler word, just as the b-word is. That the president uses such words doesn't surprise me in the least. It's nothing that 99.99999% of our population wouldn't be saying in day to day speech. I'm not saying that it's good and I particularly approve of it, but it is what it is.
NO.

That is what Trump is trying to make it. He is not living up to the standards set over the last 200 years. YOU know it, i know it.

And trump's use of abusive language opens the door for your local elected , appointed and hired officals to do the samething.

Your pretense that is is OK because everyone else it doing it , is utter nonsense. The POTUS is the national leader and he is held to a much higher standard because as goes the POTUS goes the nation.

Is that what you want? and where do you draw the line. If it is OK for potus it is certainly OK for your governor or your mayor. One could hardly argue "POTUS " can do it but senators cannot?

Thus it ends up with local mayors publicly debasing anyone they disagree with. Should the mayor of Seattle target any republicans who protest the new tax rule? Should the mayor call them sons of bi***S" and call for them to be fired from their jobs? or is that just for Potus...

My guess is you know you are wrong, you know trump is wrong but are putting that aside because you are so deeply dug in you have lost sight of where you are going.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
And that matters... why again? You do realize there are states in the union between the two coasts, right? And that we are not governed via mob rule? You are aware of the structural workings of a representative republic, correct?

I hear this "popular vote" thing over and over again. It doesn't matter. The only reason it is on the playlist is that you guys need something to sooth the sting of an unexpected defeat. It's the old, "Oh yeah???? Well my dad can beat your dad up!!!"
stop!

You claimed "majority " i simply corrected your poor math. Trump is what is called a minority POTUS because a minority of the voting public voted for him. if you don't understand that , well i suggest you spend some time learning a little more about politics before trying to defend the indefensible. the obvious thing for you to have done was to just ignore my correction and move on. You made a mistake , it is no big deal , just move on. defending it makes you look like an extremist who is unable to admit error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies