Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 11:26 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,584,647 times

Advertisements

always knew the average fan hated Black millionaire athletes...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 11:30 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,876,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
They already said they weren't going to go. Trump is acting like a little girl with the "I break up with you first!" routine.
Yeah, I don't see the story here.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:35 AM

11,202 posts, read 8,249,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
*yawn*
Why would anyone care is some sports team visits the White House?
You would need to ask the President that, he's the only one who seems overly preoccupied with it....

Old 09-25-2017, 11:36 AM

38,617 posts, read 26,278,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I do agree about the millionaire athletes, but I agree with the protest. Its NOT un-american what they are doing, I believe the founding fathers would probably encourage a bit more be done actually!

One can be a proud patriotic american, in that they are proud of the nation and what is was founded on, BUT, that does not mean they should give all that patriotism and honor to a tyrannical govt like the type we have in power today.

When it comes to tyrannical authority, the american way IS TO PROTEST, its our right and duty to step up and put a stop to it, Thats why the founders included things in the constitution like the 2nd amendment, its to give the people the power and right to throw off such govts if they should ever become tyrannical...being totally obedient and subservient to, and even going so far as to honor a tyrannical govt is not even remotely patriotic, its treasonous.

Horse ****!

The "protest" is against America because the purpose is to advance the "systemic racism" narrative over the "shouldn't have been doing that in the first place" reality.

The simple fact of the matter is that no one involved in the bulk of these police-on-black shootings is an innocent party.

The police are either scared because they know the odds of a black male carrying/using an illegal firearm are extremely high or they are simply trigger-happy psychopathic personalities of the sort that seem to be drawn like flies to **** to a career in law enforcement.

As I have stated many times on this forum, anyone that really, really wants to be a cop shouldn't be allowed to carry a firearm.

Of course, individual cops being racist, or even unbalanced, doesn't mean the nation is racist or even unfair.

It's all just an elaborate effort to deny the truth by ignoring the obvious.

What is obvious, even if it is officially denied, is that black males, in addition committing other serious crimes, shoot cops a lot.

Even if they don't use them, black males carry illegal firearms a lot.

If the expectation is present in a cop's mind that a black male has a firearm, real or imagined, it's real in the mind of the cop.

The obvious solution would be for black males to stop carrying illegal firearms and, hopefully, over time, eroding the association between illegal firearms and black males.

A great first step would be to disavow this rap-driven schizophrenic love affair with black criminality and the harsher realities of police contact.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:02 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,828,836 times
Great response from Steve Kerr.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/24/st...-stephen-curry

Internally, we’d discussed whether it’d be possible to just go and meet as private citizens and have a serious, poignant discussion about some of the issues we’re concerned about. But he’s made it hard for any of us to actually enter the White House, because what’s going on is not normal. It’s childish stuff: belittling people and calling them names. So to expect to go in and have a civil, serious discourse? Yeah, that’s probably not going to happen.
There has to be an inherent understanding when you enter into any public position of power that this is what happens. People are going to take shots at you and it’s incumbent upon you to absorb those shots. Maybe you respond diplomatically, but you maintain a level of respect and dignity. What you can’t do is just angrily lash out. Can you imagine if I lashed out at all my critics every day and belittled them? I’d lose my players, I’d embarrass ownership, I’d embarrass myself. Pretty soon I’d be out of a job. It’s a basic adult thing that you learn as you grow up: People aren't always going to agree with you. And that’s OK.
The fact is we live in an amazing country, but it’s a flawed one. I consider myself unbelievably lucky to live here, so please spare me the ‘If you don’t like it you can get out’ argument. I love living here. I love my country. I just think it’s important to recognize that we as a nation are far from perfect, and it’s our responsibility to try to make it better. And one of the ways to do that is to promote awareness and understanding and acceptance. Not just acceptance but embracing our diversity, which when you get down to it is not only who we are but truly what makes us great. And it’s not happening.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:27 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,633,494 times
What if other people on the team wanted to go? They went from having a chance to no chance. Thanks Steph.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:34 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,869,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
What if other people on the team wanted to go? They went from having a chance to no chance. Thanks Steph.
Most of the stars probably don't care, but some of those on the bench and coaching staff might have liked it. Of course they can't say anything though because of team unity. I don't know if there's anyone in the NBA that's vocal about supporting Trump...or even being neutral. Heck, imagine being a white player that supports Trump - how many "accidental" elbows would rain down on your skull?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:39 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,269,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
always knew the average fan hated Black millionaire athletes...lol
Zaza Pachulia is going to be quite stunned to find out he's black.

Hope he's sitting down for it.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:43 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,349,958 times
They should change their name to the Sanctuary State Social Justice Warriors.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:56 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,869,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
They should change their name to the Sanctuary State Social Justice Warriors.
I like that idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies