Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 12:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
You're right no one is forced but tying to shame someone and calling them Un-American doesn't help anyone. Kids are being kicked out of school for not saying it and we see what's going on with the public figures who refuse to say it.
Yep. My father rooted against any team this weekend who did the kneel against Trump this weekend. Why because he is "America, love it or leave it." Me, I want people to be able to have the right to expeess themselves so long as they dont crwate a riot or have fighting words used. Charlottesville had a LOT of fighting words from the "peaceful White Nationalist demonstrators" yet the protesters were the rioters...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 12:41 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
President Obama was punitive toward whistleblowers and targeted journalists - and you're bitching about a comment Trump made about football???!!!!

You folks need to get your priorities straight and pay attention to what the pols you DID vote for are doing and be just as critical/vocal about it.

This is nothing compared to what Obama did.
When in doubt blame Obama!

Old 09-24-2017, 12:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post

Then teach them. Maybe that's the issue that has led us to the crap we are in. Kids these days have absolutely no appreciation on how good they have it in America.

Other countries have it just as good as we do. That's not an answer to be honest. The parents handing out $1,000 cellphones and anything else their spoiled kids cry for might have something to do with it.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:42 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
A lot of people don't wish to worship a flag that represents the evil done by the US Military Industrial Complex over the decades all over the globe. Saluting the flag to their way of thinking MIGHT seem to indicate approval for all of the wars, and "democracy forcing" we do under the guise of "freedom." Patriotism isn't all about dead soldiers. What about farmers, brick layers, medical teams, bakers, teachers, utility workers, etc ?
It is all politics. When some players does something which right likes, left is going to criticize players and right is going to support them. They are always there taking opposite sides for every issue. I wish sports raise above and keep both side of the politics out of the game.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:43 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Wow, there sure is a lot of hullabaloo over freedom and the 1st Amendment from you libs.

Where where you when players were being fined and suspended for praying? What about their 1st Amendment rights?

You were gleeful about players not being allowed to pray.

Now that there's pushback you have nothing but concern about players' constitutional rights. Hypocrites.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:44 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,027 times
Some S T R E T C H to suggest the president's remarks are tantamount to forcing patriotism. Did you hear this suggestion on CNN by any chance? I'd expect it from them.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:46 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

Yep. My father rooted against any team this weekend who did the kneel against Trump this weekend. Why because he is "America, love it or leave it." Me, I want people to be able to have the right to expeess themselves so long as they dont crwate a riot or have fighting words used. Charlottesville had a LOT of fighting words from the "peaceful White Nationalist demonstrators" yet the protesters were the rioters...

So true they are peacefully taking a knee and remaining quiet though out the nation anthem not giving the flag a finger or waving a gun around or anything else. I used to work on a military base. Worked on several to be honest and when there was a group prayer I lowered my head but I didn't pray with them I did this out of respect for their faith. Some might say that makes me less or Un-American which is fine they have that right just as I have not to pray to a God I don't believe in.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:48 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Wow, there sure is a lot of hullabaloo over freedom and the 1st Amendment from you libs.

Where where you when players were being fined and suspended for praying? What about their 1st Amendment rights?

You were gleeful about players not being allowed to pray.

Now that there's pushback you have nothing but concern about players' constitutional rights. Hypocrites.
Citation requested

Old 09-24-2017, 12:48 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Absolutely not

Old 09-24-2017, 12:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
When in doubt blame Obama!
Went right over your head. Where have these great warriors been with regard to the civil liberties and freedom of speech that they're suddenly so worried about?

Cherry picking because they don't like who is in office.

We should ALL be concerned about a loss of our rights with regard to ALL politicians.

I voted for Obama twice, by the way, and what he did was wrong. When people think they can't criticize those they voted for it means those they voted for can, and will, get away with more and more abuse of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies