Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 02:41 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

perp ID'd.

The shooter, identified as Emmanuel Samson, a 25-year-old Rutherford County man, accidentally shot himself after he was confronted by an armed member of the congregation and is being treated at the hospital, according to Metro Nashville Police.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...rch/697968001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 02:47 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Most Americans seem to be comfortable with the level of gun violence in this country. At the very least, they accept it. If they didn't, there would be more efforts to control access to guns.

Fortunately, some states do take it seriously enough to do something about it. I seriously doubt Tennessee will change any of its laws due to this incident.
No, it is the legislators who feel comfortable with the level of concentrated gun violence as they have not offered any worthwhile suggestions except to pass ineffective gun laws...and lots of them.

CA senator Yee, a staunch gun control advocate, was arrested for selling weapons of war to anyone with cash.

Maine allows machine guns with a federal tax/permit, open carry and it is not a bloodbath as you would have politicians claim it woulod be w/o strict gun laws.

NJ has very strict gun laws and it does not prevent the daily carnage in the concentrated cities of newar, camden, trenton and jersey city.

chicago is a war zone in specific areas and gun laws become irrelevant to the gun violence.

If the strictest gun laws you could imagine were enacted, gun theft would provide the gun for some wingnut to shoot up a church. Probably motivated by a love triangle.

When an idiot like obama stands up and claims the safest cities and states are those with the strictest gun laws, you can see the incompetence supported by lies that characterize our legislative bodies. And no, the media lets that slip by in support of obama's big lie.

Gun violence is concentrated in very specific areas and not spread evenly across the nation. that predictability should be a giant clue leading to a solution, but it somehow escapes the media, anti gun activists and that august body of legislators more interested in advancing their own careers and willing to sacrifice lives to attain it.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:49 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I didn't know nor do I care the race of the shooter. Seems like you do.

As I stated before, Americans are desensitized with this level of violence, and being that one person was killed doesn't really surprise me that it's not gaining that much attention.
C'mon, tell me you weren't salivating for it to be some redneck wearing a MAGA cap.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:50 PM

276 posts, read 178,775 times
Quote:
Most Americans seem to be comfortable with the level of gun violence in this country. At the very least, they accept it. If they didn't, there would be more efforts to control access to guns.

Fortunately, some states do take it seriously enough to do something about it. I seriously doubt Tennessee will change any of its laws due to this incident.
We already have laws against murder and laws to stop criminals from getting guns. Yet murders still happen and criminals still get guns. More laws oppressing the rights of good people is not the answer. Look how many people were killed with a single Truck in Nice. The answer is to actually lock up bad guys and keep them quarantined from good society. You can't stop the lone psycho with murder on his mind, but getting the gangs off the streets for good would drop gun crime like a rock. That wouldn't be PC tho because they would mostly be blacks and hispanics. Instead we let these guys commit increasingly violent crimes then put them right back out on the street to do it again. With only 1/6 murders getting solved, there is no telling how many viscous crimes a person has committed before actually getting caught. No, let's make excuses for them and instead go after the easy targets, law abiding and tax paying citizens!

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Judging by the pics at the link at the top of this page, it appears that at least some of the victims were also AA.

691 posts, read 419,993 times
This is awful, and yet true that its not a surprise any more. Im sure alot of these shootings start with an unhealthy psych drug addiction.

(thats my honest take i have had people approach me wacked out on Lord knows what saying how they are this judge or that incarnate, so im inclined to believe they believe they are doing the judgments of God even though its not true. What is true is that in God's word it says things like this will happen because of the inherent evil of man, and the fault comes from those who say " evil? NOT ME")

Old 09-24-2017, 03:34 PM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
I seriously doubt Tennessee will change any of its laws due to this incident.
I hope not. This incident could have been much worse if the church usher didn't have a carry permit, holding the shooter at gun point until police arrived. It's likely that Tennessee's gun laws saved several lives.

From the article:

"The usher, who has a valid carry permit, then went out to his car and retrieved his own gun, holding it on the gunman until police arrived. Police described Engle as “extraordinarily brave” for his actions."

Old 09-24-2017, 03:48 PM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
The victim who died has been identified as Melanie Smith Crow, a single mom. Emanuel Samson was a former member of the church.

Hours before the shooting he posted on his FB page "Become the Creator Instead of What's Created".

https://www.facebook.com/E.to.da.Man

Old 09-24-2017, 03:51 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,977 times
Quote:

Hey Lib!

Infringing on the 2nd amendment never worked and never will!

Criminals laugh at libs who make committing crimes safer!
The only folks who follow your unconstitutional laws are ... Law Abiding Folks!

The shooter .. From the majority muslim Sudan ...

[urk]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhKjVAXcAACLgg.jpg[/url]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-25-2017 at 10:07 AM..

Old 09-24-2017, 03:57 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
I haven't watch the news all day so I had no idea. Doesn't mean I don't care.

So was the shooter a muslim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies