Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:35 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Very true.

Cowards seek gun free zones. Churches. Schools. Movie theaters. Bars.

End the gun free zones and you end mass shootings.
Even that won't be enough. One thing about mass murderers is this. They believe that violence solves everything. It is not only a coward problem. It's a sociopath problem. It's a problem of mentality, a mentality of "you disrespect me, you die", a mentality of "if I don't like you, I will kill you". That is a large part of the murders we have in the USA. Not just drugs, not just gangs, but individuals with anger problems and the inability to control their anger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 05:39 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why should churches be safe if elementary school children aren't safe? Or people in a move theater aren't safe? Or people in a restaurant or bar aren't safe?

What's the difference ?
There is no difference but they're 1 in the same. Gun free zones.

I say Florida should have reversed it's stance after the Orlando shooting. Make it illegal for patrons to carry in a bar, but sober staff allowed to carry.
The intent behind no carry when drinking is... well. Let's face it. Bad things happen when people are drunk... Add guns... forget bar brawls...

Old 09-24-2017, 05:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Baltimore is the worst of it. A murder rate much worse than Chicago, and gun laws stricter than Chicago.

One reason Dylann Roof picked a church. He wanted a soft target. If he had gone into the ghetto, he might have had his posterior handed to him.
Agreed.

Too; that a good guy was able to get to HIS gun may've saved a LOT of lives in Nashville.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:01 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
If it were a Muslim this thread would be ten pages already. This tragedy just didn't fit their political narrative because of the races and religions involved. You know as well as I do if some Muslim was responsible the thread would be very different.

Until then the outage of the week is someone kneeling
The same would happen if the killer was a white supremacist but since this is a black male who is the shooter hardly anyone is writing!

Old 09-24-2017, 06:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You have a point, but one would hope even the most depraved person would respect old, godly people. In Tennessee, this shooting is unusual.

Blacks in Chicago killed 40 other blacks this week and nobody cares because blacks always kill each other in Chicago.
Ok. So what's the point?

Old 09-24-2017, 06:45 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ok. So what's the point?
Black males are the most violent demographic in America. The government doesn't provide illegal immigrant crime stats. Maybe illegals would be more violent.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:00 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times
Black guy who is here legally but not a citizen guns down white people in a church and barely a word is spoken about this on the MSM.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:00 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Black males are the most violent demographic in America. The government doesn't provide illegal immigrant crime stats. Maybe illegals would be more violent.
And what do you propose we should do about that? I know I can't do anything about that. I don't participate in violent crime, and the vast majority Blacks that I know do not either.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:01 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Keep telling yourself how awesome that is. The victims who are dead probably would dispute the awesomeness of that statement.

Meanwhile, the carnage continues, unabated, in this country. Next week there will be another mass shooting. The following week another. And another. And another. And another.

That's just life inside the crazy gun culture that is America. And we seem to be okay with the carnage, so why even bother to post about these incidents? They are totally unremarkable in this country.
He Murdered one woman, others are in critical condition. He shot her in the back while she was getting into her car and then rolled her over and shot her in the face.

Just Ho-Hum to the Leftists. The others were saved by the usher who was pistol whipped, got away and went to his car to get his gun. He saved lives from the "Church Shooter Nutter". That "crazy gun culture" translated today to a person who saved a lot of lives.

Tell us ....... exactly what Flag & Statues should be banned and torn down to stop this sort of Nutter?
Dylan Roof shot up a Church Congregation and started a "ban" wave. What should we "ban" after this Nutter - or does this Nutter get a pass because he is "special" in some way?

The "carnage" when Dylan Roof shot up a church was HEADLINE National news for weeks and resulted in a variety of "bans" and "protests" ...... "so why even bother" you say?

I'm sure you mean exactly that ...... SHUT this down, we don't want to hear about this particular "carnage".

Old 09-24-2017, 07:07 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And what do you propose we should do about that?
Marry a lovely woman and raise happy, healthy, black children.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 09-24-2017 at 07:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies