Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 04:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
A) I believe it is the case that Hillary did not send any classified information.
B) Others sent her, on a non-secured network, information that later was classified.
What you believe is wrong....

Quote:
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters.
As I recall I already covered this another topic with you, you must have a very short memory. You couldn't possibly be trying to post something you know to be untrue.

Furthermore even if it were true it's hardly an excuse for not using a classified network to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Both are vulnerable, which is just one of the reasons they shouldn't be used.
Willy that does not dispute my original comment which was a Gmail account is far more secure than a server in your basement using off the shelf software run by some part time IT guy.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
If we are going to use the standard established during the Congressional and FBI investigations of Clinton then all the emails (including private).....
Willy, Clinton didn't even provide all of her work emails. There was approximately 14,900 of them the FBI determined to be work related that were not turned over by Clinton. Those were obtained through their investigation from various sources like other peoples email accounts.

The total amount that are still missing is unknown quantity and would be impossible to determine because of her use a private email server.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:27 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
was kushner a government employee? Did kushner have a security clearance?

Hopefully you didn't use a private email as a private citizen, did you?
this!!!

Old 09-26-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Easy to understand. Government servers can be troublesome and seem to be hacked on a regular basis.
Public facing government servers that have been hacked is just another example of why she should have been using the classified network to transit this material.

The classified networks that hold and are used to transmit classified information are physically separated from the outside world, it's what is often refereed to as an "air gap". Information on them cannot be moved to public networks, FYI this is where the law was broken in Hillary's case. Data, devices or anything else coming in is tightly controlled. e.g anything connected to it including something as simple as a mouse is going to be rigorously tested and specifically issued just for use on that computer.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:39 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Everything I have read indicates that the e mails were not classified when she sent them.

Refresh my memory that is way old and wine tainted. The reason government employees have to use government e mail is for archive reasons and security reasons. There was a problem with Karl Rove and the RNC supplied computers that GWB's folks used in the White House to avoid the FOIA so Obama tweaked the rules and required everybody to use the .gov sites.

Billary heard that the State department communication devices were not up to snuff so she requested the same thing the POTUS used and was refused. That's when she went for the server in her basement. I recently learned that Bill's secret service people monitored the one in the basement. One of them was also an IT guy. Is that true?

Some heavy hitter in DC has a dinner party for the new SOS and all the formers come and inform the new one on what's up and how to handle it. That's when she decided to go with her own server.

Seems to me if she wanted the convenience of her own computer and phone, it would have been cheaper and lawful for her to have a clerk walk behind her and tend to the emails and and phone calls.

My son has to carry 3 phones. Two for work and his personal. He just got a Dick Tracy watch so now it is 2 but he has to wear the watch. I understand people get used to what they have and do not want to change. DH bought a business and tried to change their accounting software and the shyte hit the fan in the office. I get it. Still think having a clerk walk two steps behind her tending to communications would have been cheaper and easier.

Am I wrong about the not classified when she sent the emails?

Old 09-26-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
So did Colin Powell.
Yes he did but it was a handful of emails, it wasn't 10's of thousands. One was determined to be lower level classified email and Powell even tried to get it declassified so it could be made public.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Everything I have read indicates that the e mails were not classified when she sent them.
Everything you have read is wrong.
Quote:
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters.
Here is the more detailed list:

Quote:
From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent.
Note the use of the term "owning agency". What that menas is it originated from other agencies like the CIA. As side note when the CIA for example classifies something as Top Secret only they can declassify it.

Also note the use of the term "Special Access Program", this is the highest level of Classification. This is information that is going to deal with nuclear weapons, black operations, special ops, NATO etc. You only get access to it on a need to know basis, even the President himself may not have direct access to it. It's compartmentalized to prevent exposure of it.

Last edited by thecoalman; 09-26-2017 at 04:51 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 05:13 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Lock them up, Lock them up, Lock them up

Old 09-26-2017, 09:41 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
What you believe is wrong....

As I recall I already covered this another topic with you, you must have a very short memory. You couldn't possibly be trying to post something you know to be untrue.

Furthermore even if it were true it's hardly an excuse for not using a classified network to begin with.
You can keep your personal attacks to yourself.

I have always maintained that the use of the private server was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies