Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's just silly. People who show up at an ER are triaged, kids with earaches are seen after people with chest pain. And yes it has a whole lot to do with the population, but the real problem is this wonderful ER in Aberdeen isn't even equipped to handle major trauma victims or mass casualties.
Why does it matter how big a city is? Do you have the available institutions to take care of the population or not? If anything a major city should do better. If both places are properly set up and the small town gets over loaded they don't have many choices to send the overload. A big city has many more places to choose from.

If you want to say illegals are over loading a system that could normally handle just legals then you'd have something.

Again, it's about having the proper amount of institutions to handle the demand in the first place.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:43 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never said it was acceptable. I'm saying comparing South Dakota with California is stupid. And while California has a higher than average wait time for emergency room visits, there are some worse states: Arizona, New Hampshire, Alabama, Oregon, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, and Massachusetts have the top 11 highest wait times in the nation. I live in Georgia.

Other than population constraints, I don't know why the aforementioned states have high time waits for the emergency room.

And Utah and Colorado have the lowest time waits.

Emergency Room Wait Times: State Averages
Why is it stupid? Could be California doesn't have the supply of medical institutions to handle demand. That's on California.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies