Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 01:28 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This seems really stupid to me given that they are shouting down or approving things against other....."Americans". I can see the chant having a place in an international soccer game between the USA and say.....Russia, but it seems nonsensical to make that chant in domestic political affairs between fellow Americans.
Probably because they feel the "other" people are ruining what USA is for them. People dont like change & they go ballistic when there are TOO MANY changes in a short period of time. Not everything from the old days is bad. Men being men and women being women is always a good thing. Some say no to that. To them I shout USA USA USA.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:30 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Since around 1880, worldwide, in most nations and most societies, the right-wing/conservative parties have captured the mantle of nationalism. The liberal/left parties have been internationalist and cosmopolitan. The watershed events were the national coalescence of Italy and Germany, who until the late 19th century were each a patchwork of principalities. Earlier movements towards national cohesion were left/liberal.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:34 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
This seems really stupid to me given that they are shouting down or approving things against other....."Americans". I can see the chant having a place in an international soccer game between the USA and say.....Russia, but it seems nonsensical to make that chant in domestic political affairs between fellow Americans.
I think you are making the mistake of thinking people are shouting it AT someone. Could it be that they are using their voice to express their patriotism rather than, as you suggest, shouting down or at someone else? That would be my reasoning for doing it at a function anyway.

Last edited by redwood66; 09-25-2017 at 01:51 PM..

Old 09-25-2017, 01:34 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Only the Looney Left cares about silly nonsense like this. Feelings and appearance.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:37 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:

Why do conservatives/republicans chant "USA.... USA" ..... ??? Good question. Here's another one for you.

Why don't liberals/democrats just join in and chant the same thing along with the conservatives/republicans? They own it too, don't they? Then when both sides are chanting the same thing you would all be on the same page and it's a win/win for everyone with no one-upsmanship happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

..... So, it would appear; the chants are merely pavlovian in context. Like dogs barking...one starts and the rest.......FOLLOW.

That's what I was thinking too. Kind of a mob hysteria sort of thing, one person starts it and everyone else joins in and then the whole mob gets all psyched up and pumped up and all feeling good about themselves while the reason for getting pumped up becomes irrelevant.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:37 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You guys are so full of BS - if it's so bad - go elsewhere. Constant gripes and thinking the grass is always greener on the other side - there never will be a utopia so live with it.
This may sound weird and creepy to some. I am looking forward to the day robots\andriods\computers are granted human rights. I honestly think we are heading there because America becames more weird by the day. Even Human to Robot marraige is a possible future for us. Look at how some people love their cell phones more than their own family. People date via the internet now without meeting each other in person.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:45 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If you study history, the average German did not want to kill Jews, they just wanted them gone. Just like your side wants Mexicans and other groups GONE. The killing part was just something Hitler threw into the mix to speed up the process.

You guys know you want an all white America, and are just not honest enough to admit it.
Not true. "Our side" wants illegal aliens gone since they should not be in this country in the first place.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:53 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Plus, we get to have guns. Meanwhile, they had to turn in their butter knives! Only Royalty is allowed self defense.
And you get to have these as regular occurances:

Girl, 4, shoots herself while

A kid getting shot every 17 hours in one state alone.....boy that's some 'self defence' you got going on there bubba! Those 4 year old kids must be very dangerous.

Royalty do not get to carry either. You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about do you?

Old 09-25-2017, 02:18 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Yeah..... Hitler and the Nazi loved Germany....lol....and wanted to free it of the supposed inferior
Ahhh the classic "you're a Nazi!"

Old 09-25-2017, 02:27 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
These mopes think they are IT because they are white for the most part. And SEVERELY BIGOTED.
I know one guy that always cussed Obama and said he didn't want any GODDAMN ****** TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO.
LOL....complains about most white people and then accuses them of bigotry. You're a real piece of work.

For the other posters with a functioning cortex that I'm not finally getting around to ignoring, that chant is most common at international sporting events where EVERY country sings songs or has chants supporting their country.

Oh but this poster had a "guy they knew" that was racist so I mean who are we to argue with them. I mean, in KC they just caught a black guy serial killing white dudes but I'm not stupid enough to reference it as some indictment of blacks in general because that would be racist.

So Versatile, I'm ignoring your racist crap, you get to join the stormfronters I've done the same to in the past along with the denture wearing servant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies