Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:13 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
"You're a racist" - great way to win an argument when you can't dispute facts.
Never called you a racist, but quite frankly, I've grown tired of enlightening snowflakes who are scared of their own shadow.

I always notice these crybabies always complain about blacks in the NFL and NBA, but never say anything about how the NHL is mostly white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 10:17 AM

21 posts, read 15,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Never called you a racist, but quite frankly, I've grown tired of enlightening snowflakes who are scared of their own shadow.

I always notice these crybabies always complain about blacks in the NFL and NBA, but never say anything about how the NHL is mostly white.
It's a downright atrocity that the NHL is mostly (candian and russian) white. Just like it's an atrocity that the majority of violent crime in this country is black. Did you even read the whole thread?

Old 09-26-2017, 10:30 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Oh, nice! Welcome to the USSR where numerus clausus also was enforced. I thought we are done with this racist thing. People should be accepted only and only based on their academic achievements. And if we will have 70% asians, good for them!

Old 09-26-2017, 10:46 AM

628 posts, read 663,461 times
liberals only believe that race is a social construct when it suits their anti-white narrative.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:10 PM

21 posts, read 15,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
liberals only believe that race is a social construct when it suits their anti-white narrative.
Lol, they believe that race is a social construct and there are 38 genders.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:12 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
The demographics of athletes is the way it is because of:
A) sports is one of the industries where there really are numbers, stats, and results that you can go off of. On an even playing field, the best make it.
B) certain sports are just more popular amongst certain races and certain regions. Like are we going to force the NHL and Nascar to be 13% black?

Sports is the best example of a level playing field showing who's really the best at something when it comes to the athletes.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:16 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
I would love to see heads explode when NASCAR is told they must desegregate.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Diversity in television or movies is far different than sports. I've watched hockey for years and have only seen a handful of Black players. I wish there would be more but there aren't enough black men playing hockey. Same goes for NASCAR. I just don't want to see say a Danica Patrick situation where it is diversity for diversity same and they can't hang with anything more than the middle of the pack. In entertainment you can easily tailor shows or characters to be diverse, sports you can't really.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I would love to see heads explode when NASCAR is told they must desegregate.
NASCAR has had several Hispanic and African-American drivers. One African-American even won a cup race but couldn't be able named the winner at the track for fear of riots.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:27 PM

2,417 posts, read 1,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegumbellamy View Post
I see things like lists of demands presented to UVA in the wake of the August 12 rallies that call for 13% of the student population and 13% of the faculty be African American (currently both sit around 6%) because that would match nationwide population proportions. Citation:

Student Council endorses Black Student Alliance demands after heated session | The Cavalier Daily

I see the same push everywhere, including tech companies bending over backwards to recruit people that wouldn't otherwise qualify. And of course, we all know about the already-controversial Affirmative Action..

It makes me wonder, where are those same people when it comes to industries that are dominated by African Americans to begin with? For example, the NFL is 70% Black:

70 Percent Of NFL Players Are Black Men. Colin Kaepernick Should Be Praised, Not Condemned | HuffPost

Oddly enough, of 32 NFL teams, 18 (56% ) are owned by Jews, which is even more disproportionate than their players, considering the US Jewish population is 3%:
Jews in the National Football League (NFL)

For some more lighthearted reading regarding NFL player's antics over the years, I suggest looking at some of the interactive infographics over on NFL Arrest - Football Arrest Record Database & Statistics .
You act like black people have an advantage for being 70% of the NFL. There's nothing positive about a bunch of black men scrambling their brains every Sunday. The real reason you see more black men in the NFL compared to everyone else, is everyone else have other options in life. For black people, it's either athlete/entertainer, or a two cent job. We don't have many options with a median net worth of $1,700.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies