Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 06:21 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Well, according to the link you posted, the reason seems to be: "acting in a way that is unbecoming of a president."

My guess is that Green thinks the president wasting time talking about the NFL, demanding that people not exercise their right to free speech so that they may respect a flag that presumably is a symbol for things like free speech, isn't behavior that should be tolerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Maxine Waters says they don't need to look for any laws being broken.
Congress can just make up something.
The president does not have to break any laws be impeached.

Let's use an example: if the president showed up to every cabinet meeting completely drunk, congress could reasonably say this is not presidential behavior then move to impeach him. It's not illegal, to the best of my knowledge, for the president to do this. But it's definitely not good.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There are some great history books out there on the cold war. If you pick one up and read one (or heck look for a podcast) you'll learn enough to realize that this isn't "nuclear chicken" lmao.

What is occurring is just normal bombast with North Korea with the usual partisan sniping at whomever president claiming they're going to start WW3. We've had these types of threads on these forums since the forums were created, heck there were MANY music artists in the 1980's with videos and songs about Reagan starting WW3 for standing up to the USSR.

In short, you're getting played. Hopefully you learn from this and aren't as easily manipulated in the future.
mmm... this isn't normal.

That's not to say it's Cold War level, but the current state of "diplomacy" is far from normal. Kim talking crazy is par for the course. The president doing it back is exceptional. Will it escalate? Presumably no, but it's significantly more likely to escalate with someone like Trump that it would be with someone like Obama or Bush.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:40 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
mmm... this isn't normal.

That's not to say it's Cold War level, but the current state of "diplomacy" is far from normal. Kim talking crazy is par for the course. The president doing it back is exceptional. Will it escalate? Presumably no, but it's significantly more likely to escalate with someone like Trump that it would be with someone like Obama or Bush.
It's us not them.

"In fact, the US laughed off a perfectly sensible offer made by the Russians and Chinese, with the agreement of the North Koreans, for a “double freeze†– the North Koreans would suspend missile launches if the USA and South Korea suspend military exercises aimed at the overthrow of the North Korean government."

Old 09-28-2017, 09:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
But, but, Al Green sings "Let's Stay Together." He got uglier, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COiIC3A0ROM

Old 09-28-2017, 09:56 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Al Green goes to my church and gives passionate, sincere speeches about military members and vets.

My church does a lot for vets, and he is a big supporter of that, more passionate than the president, Captain Bonespurs, would ever be.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:01 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
I thought this thread was about the singer Al Green. LOL carry on

Old 09-28-2017, 11:04 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
God, I miss him. More every day. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't filled with hate, and he was fun.
And cool.. classy.. honest, empathetic, hard-working. A good person (whose soul won't be going to a "bad place", like someone else).

Old 09-28-2017, 11:11 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I thought this thread was about the singer Al Green. LOL carry on
Hahaha.. I had seen this guy on a news program some time ago, so I knew, thinking of that at the time..it can confuse some if not seeing him.

In the meantime, we can just sing the Reverend's songs... (have always loved his music).

Old 09-29-2017, 02:40 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
And cool.. classy.. honest, empathetic, hard-working. A good person (whose soul won't be going to a "bad place", like someone else).

Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies