Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Who is paying for the billions of dollars illegal aliens in the U.S. cost?

Please educate us, how , exactly, do they cost us billions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 10:55 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,692,937 times
Quote:
You guys are so dense. So you want to pay for a wall that will essentially make zero difference...but yet you complain about how illegal immigrants cost billions (Is that even true? lol)? The wall is estimated to cost anywhere from 20-70 Billion to build and 150 Million a year to maintain. So that's the cost of the wall + the illegal immigrants that will get into the US regardless. I mean, it's not like there's already a huge fence spanning the length of most of the border or anything Once again, a huge waste of money. And like another poster said, you guys just want bragging rights and to rub it in liberals faces without thinking about the economic consequences.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:11 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:

Oh, and Fleet, if you are so concerned about wasted money, how about how much Trump and his administration have racked up in 8 months of YOUR and MY money in wasted expenditures ? Like numerous trips to Mar a Lago, golfing, and this little plane riding habit of Tom Price :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r_XmzVkWPs

Yep, you and I are paying for him to take private jets all over Hell's creation, when he could be flying cheaper via commercial airlines...........just like we regular folks do.

But that is what you get when you elect people who have gold toilets and who hire Goldman Sachs people to run the country.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
*I don't care what the actual promise was in first place
Withhold aid to Mexico and use it to build the wall. Mexico then paid for it.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:08 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I live in a gated community. It helps keep the Trumpees out.
So you're saying that a wall works. Good, just as we knew. Now the left can quit throwing that dumb statement out there.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:14 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
120 feet is going up well let's see what the impact is, on a side note you left out of the current slate is Aca repeal failed to make it to a vote, special counsel could start white house interviews this week, Kushner has been asked to preserve all records in advance of further investigation. Yeah 120 foot of boarder wall

That section of wall may remain as a monument to the folly that engulfed America, in this dismal chapter of our history.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:04 AM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
I live in a gated community. It helps keep the Trumpees out.

Walls on the border also helps keep illegal aliens out. Thanks for proving our point.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
You guys are so dense. So you want to pay for a wall that will essentially make zero difference...but yet you complain about how illegal immigrants cost billions (Is that even true? lol)? The wall is estimated to cost anywhere from 20-70 Billion to build and 150 Million a year to maintain. So that's the cost of the wall + the illegal immigrants that will get into the US regardless. I mean, it's not like there's already a huge fence spanning the length of most of the border or anything Once again, a huge waste of money. And like another poster said, you guys just want bragging rights and to rub it in liberals faces without thinking about the economic consequences.

No the dense ones are you and your anti-wall ilk. How many times do I have to post these links proving that the good walls do work before you and your kind stop remaining in denial? I seriously doubt your numbers except that the wall is estimated to be $25 billion not $70 billion. At any rate it's still a lot cheaper than the $113 billion a year that illegal aliens costs us.

No one is saying that the wall will be 100% of effective but we shouldn't build it if it's 80% effective? It is you and yours that don't give a damn about the economic consequences of illegal immigration. We don't need a huge wall spanning the entire border. All we need is the 700 mile long wall built along the most porous areas of the border already approved by congress in 2006. The Border Patrol and the natural barriers to entry will take care of the most difficult and dangerous areas.

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/ar...ll0331-ON.html

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 09-27-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Please educate us, how , exactly, do they cost us billions ?

In the grand scheme of things what does it matter? They are here illegally and should be deported as our laws state or don't laws matter to you? What about American jobs and reduced wages? That doesn't matter to you either?

https://fairus.org/press-releases/il...n-us-taxpayers

Old 09-27-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
In San Diego they’re saying one third of the cases are due to homeless drug users. 25% of the cases are neither homeless or drug users. I haven’t seen anything mentioned about illegal immigrants.

In LA and Orange County all I’ve seen them talk about is homeless.

Do you actually think the media is going to report anything negative about illegal aliens these days? I remember a few years back when it wasn't taboo to report anything negative about them and there was whole camp in the hills loaded with illegal alien homeless in the San Diego area. Homeless can be anyone just use your imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies