Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:53 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
A couple of notes:
Prototypes are not actual products, they are only experiments to see which best works.
It takes Funding to build any product, at the moment the Funding is Not there,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 10:55 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're totally clueless, aren't you? They add $13 billion to the economy at best while costing us $100 billion a year. They also send billions a year back to their homelands not spent in our economy. How are they paying into SS if not by using a fake or stolen SS which is a felony? I guess that's ok with you though? If Americans got their jobs back they in turn would be paying into SS and purchasing things and they wouldn't be sending billions out of our country either. Trump pays taxes as all rich people do according to what the IRS allows in deductions. Let us know when you prove he's doing any illegal. Now try staying on topic rather than deflecting, will you? How about the rule of law? Does that mean nothing to you?
Mueller will let us know what his tax status is as soon as he gets through with the investigation. In the meantime, it would improve your arguments considerably if you could stick to the subject rather than engaging in personal attacks. Thanks.

I know for a fact that those who are using fake SS numbers are having all of the standard deductions taken out for SS and taxes. If American workers are not as skilled or smart enough to compete in the marketplace for jobs, I would suggest retraining and ongoing education. Nobody "stole" anything. All they did was show up ready, willing and able to perform the jobs they were hired to do, and perform them better than their competitors.

As for the rule of law, why are we not jailing the employers who willingly hire illegals because they will work for less? Could it have anything to do with the fact that they are heavy political contributors? And why wasn't Trump prosecuted for having illegal workers on the job? Don't talk about rule of law unless you mean it to apply in all cases.

Missing Trump Lawsuit Papers in Undocumented Workers

Old 09-27-2017, 11:03 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Please read my post#100 and stop remaining in denial! Visa over stayers need to be addressed in a different way besides they only represent 40% of illegals. The wall is to address the 60% who are border jumpers, duh. E-verify is in Trump's 2018 budget so any more denials and questions? Removing the job incentive alone will not stop them all from coming unless we deny their kids birthright citizenship and benefits. The wall will also help deter the drug cartels, criminals and terrorists.
We also need to put visa holders on a refundable retainer (deposit or bond) in case they overstay. Let bounty hunters track them down. It can be a purchased by either the employee or immigrant.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:40 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Not the same thing. Unmanned, Gated communities are easy to break into in the U.S, just follow a car in or roll under the fence or hop over the fence. I would know, I "break" into my gated community all the time when for example a gate code isn't working. The difference is criminals see a gate then see the exact same houses without a gate across the street and are like i'll take those houses instead. Illegal immigrants as much as you hate them are objectively hardworking and if they can walk/travel 2,000 miles or whatever ungodly distance they will climb over a wall to go were their going.

No one "hates" illegal aliens we object to them being here because it's against the law and they negatively impact our own citizens. Hard work does not excuse anyone for breaking the law. Yeah, hard at work stealing American jobs, taxes and resources. Real noble there....not!

The good walls can't be climbed over. I have already posted a couple of links proving that the double walls already erected do deter illegal immigration at a very high rate. Try again!

Old 09-27-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Mueller will let us know what his tax status is as soon as he gets through with the investigation. In the meantime, it would improve your arguments considerably if you could stick to the subject rather than engaging in personal attacks. Thanks.

I know for a fact that those who are using fake SS numbers are having all of the standard deductions taken out for SS and taxes. If American workers are not as skilled or smart enough to compete in the marketplace for jobs, I would suggest retraining and ongoing education. Nobody "stole" anything. All they did was show up ready, willing and able to perform the jobs they were hired to do, and perform them better than their competitors.

As for the rule of law, why are we not jailing the employers who willingly hire illegals because they will work for less? Could it have anything to do with the fact that they are heavy political contributors? And why wasn't Trump prosecuted for having illegal workers on the job? Don't talk about rule of law unless you mean it to apply in all cases.

Missing Trump Lawsuit Papers in Undocumented Workers

Asking a question is not a personal attack and I see you wouldn't answer of course. Who do you think were doing all those jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border? Do you actually think that skilled, educated workers are coming over our border? So using a fake or stolen SS number is ok with you (which is a felony) is ok just as long as taxes are being taken out? Yes, they along with their greedy employers are stealing jobs from Americans. What makes you think that illegal aliens are superior workers to Americans? I have seen their shoddy workmanship in construction first hand.

Employers are being fined and jailed for "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens. I can easily provide examples of it. The problem is that e-verify is not currently mandated in every work place but Trump has it in his 2018 budget. Also, illegal aliens use very authentic looking fake documents to get hired. There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had an illegal aliens working for him. Rich people don't hire manual laborers themselves. Yes, the rule of law should apply to everyone but you apparently don't think they should apply to illegal aliens. Why is that? There is no such thing as an "undocumented worker" either. I dismiss any article that uses that term as false.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Mexicans are smarter than Trumpettes. A wall won't stop them.

What's a Trumpette and why is it smart for Mexicans to violate our immigration laws? The "good" walls on the border have already stopped most of them. Need I post the links yet again?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:01 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We also need to put visa holders on a refundable retainer (deposit or bond) in case they overstay. Let bounty hunters track them down. It can be a purchased by either the employee or immigrant.
That'll do wonders for tourism. But hey, it's only a 240+ billion market, who cares?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Walls on the border also helps keep illegal aliens out. Thanks for proving our point.
Some of them, otherwise we would not have an issue, since there already are walls at most crossing points. So is the only answer a Wall stretching from Texas to California, did you forget there are Millions already here? Do see them being rounded up, nope, and you won't, Trump is not interested, and Ryan said it ain't gonna happen, enough said.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:05 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Asking a question is not a personal attack and I see you wouldn't answer of course. Who do you think were doing all those jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border? Do you actually think that skilled, educated workers are coming over our border? So using a fake or stolen SS number is ok with you (which is a felony) is ok just as long as taxes are being taken out? Yes, they along with their greedy employers are stealing jobs from Americans. What makes you think that illegal aliens are superior workers to Americans? I have seen their shoddy workmanship in construction first hand.

Employers are being fined and jailed for "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens. I can easily provide examples of it. The problem is that e-verify is not currently mandated in every work place but Trump has it in his 2018 budget. Also, illegal aliens use very authentic looking fake documents to get hired. There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had an illegal aliens working for him. Rich people don't hire manual laborers themselves. Yes, the rule of law should apply to everyone but you apparently don't think they should apply to illegal aliens. Why is that? There is no such thing as an "undocumented worker" either. I dismiss any article that uses that term as false.
Don't stroke out, man. It ain't that big a deal unless one of them aliens done took your job picking onions.

I never said anything was OK - those were your words. What I said was, I know for a fact they pay SS and taxes. I hired and fired for 30 years, and we had a couple of illegals with fake SS numbers I had to let go. One of them was from Honduras and the best burner operator I ever had. He worked for us for five years before they caught it. The other one was from Colombia, and followed me around when he ran out of work wanting something else to do. My personal preference was always for a Latino or a Hispanic if I had a choice. They showed up every day, smiling, on time, ready to go, and if OT was needed they were the first in line to volunteeer. Their output and quality were both good. We always got our money's worth.

If you really believe that big employers are being fined and jailed, please give me the name of one CEO. I'm not talking about a small businessman. Reagan and W left him to broke to contribute to anything. I'm talking a big outfit, like Tyson, or one of the big growers in California. They contribute to politicians, and it is nothing more than protection money, just like the Mob.

Trump knew about the illegals in the middle of the project. Do a little research. It's not that hard to find.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:38 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
[quote=Oldglory;49645788]In the grand scheme of things what does it matter? They are here illegally and should be deported as our laws state or don't laws matter to you? What about American jobs and reduced wages? That doesn't matter to you either?

Yeah, I'm really bummed that I can't get one of those plum jobs picking fruit or doing landscaping in the broiling sun all day. Damn immigrants take all the GOOD jobs and leave only the jobs in cushy air conditioned offices for us legal Americans !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies