Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 07:47 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why not ? There is an element of truth to it. How is defeat celebrated ?
I am apparently unable to articulate my point clearly enough, I apologize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 07:49 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
A couple of notes:
Prototypes are not actual products, they are only experiments to see which best works.
It takes Funding to build any product, at the moment the Funding is Not there,
Am I missing anything of note if I stopped reading the thread after seeing this post?

Old 09-26-2017, 08:01 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
As everyone is saying, a wall isn't going to do any good. In fact, it sounds like something a kid would think of. Just build a wall, lol.

You have visa overstays, you have people driving across the border and then just staying, you have truckloads of illegals being brought in. If Trump were smart about it, he'd stop the employers from hiring them. That would stop them from coming or staying.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:07 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If Trump were smart about it, he'd stop the employers from hiring them.
That assumes two things: Trump being smart in the first place, and then having the backbone to do something that might not be popular with the employers.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Congress would have to approve it otherwise how is it going to be built? They actually approved it back in 2006. Didn't Obama bypass congress by implementing DACA by EO? I wouldn't talk about dictatorships if I were you.
So you are okay with the President of the USA spending money without congressional approval (the approval in 2006 is not for 2017 - -it doesn't work that way).

You assume too much in me asking if conservatives would be okay with money be spent on a wall without congressional approval (in the year 2017).

As it hasn't happened and won't and the OP was reinventing the story to bait or troll or just make things up my argument was more a philisophical discussion.

If someone was going to celebrate a wall being built without congressional approval, it most definitely implies that someone is okay with no congressional controls, etc.

That's all.

Has nothing to do with how I felt about DACA, Obama --

Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
As everyone is saying, a wall isn't going to do any good. In fact, it sounds like something a kid would think of. Just build a wall, lol.

You have visa overstays, you have people driving across the border and then just staying, you have truckloads of illegals being brought in. If Trump were smart about it, he'd stop the employers from hiring them. That would stop them from coming or staying.
Stopping the employers means stopping white people. Ain't going to happen under Trump. Meanwhile, if the wall gets built at the current pace, we will be fighting the Klingons by the time it is finished.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:37 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Read post #40. Thanks.
Yes, you're correct. That poll is much more recent and I stated perhaps people changed their minds from 2015. However, I'm not sure how much to read into this poll.

First of all, six out of ten Americans is by no means an overwhelming majority. This is pretty much as close as you can get to an even split.

Second of all, illegal immigration is one of those issues that is completely different for people who live in border states than people who live in, oh, let's say......New Jersey.

If you don’t have illegal immigrants pouring across the border in your own backyard like I do, you are going to look at things a little differently. Unfortunately, the perils of illegal immigration are only real to a certain amount of the population that sees the negative ramifications every day.

As for Mexico paying for the wall, well I don't think anybody above the second grade ever believed that, but Mexico doesn't want a wall. They want an open border, but they want it to be a one-way open border. Now if they would go for reciprocal open borders and all the perks for us that we give to them, I might buy into that.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:55 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
120 feet is going up well let's see what the impact is, on a side note you left out of the current slate is Aca repeal failed to make it to a vote, special counsel could start white house interviews this week, Kushner has been asked to preserve all records in advance of further investigation. Yeah 120 foot of boarder wall
You forgot to mention Trump likes fried chicken.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
[quote=Oldglory;49641567]Congress would have to approve it otherwise how is it going to be built? /QUOTE]

I am sure he'll ask Obama how to get around Congress.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Automakers build prototypes of new vehicles so they can see what problems might arise and work out any 'kinks.' For a project of this magnitude, spending billions on a barrier for hundreds of miles, it would be foolish just to construct anything slapdash and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies