Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 10:42 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times

Advertisements

It's only "looking good" if I don't have to fill out a bunch of nonsense at the end of each tax year. Steal whatever you are going to steal from me. But don't rub my face in it by forcing me to trifle with red tape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 10:42 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
where are all the Trumpers defending this tax cut?

I am just not seeing them. In fact i am starting to think they are figuring out that Trump & Bannon are nothing more than flimflam men. Bannon is an ex goldman sachs , multi millionaire who is 100% backed and funed by Mercer. Trump is a billionaire Real estate investor who operates his companies as pass through and s corps. he will save billions.

and all of them benefit fo ending estate taxes. And lets not forget estate taxes were created to prevent a ruling class forming and return to a feudal society..

Are trumpers really supporting this tax cut plan.? Real Question.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:46 AM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

I am just not seeing them. In fact i am starting to think they are figuring out that Trump & Bannon are nothing more than flimflam men. Bannon is an ex goldman sachs , multi millionaire who is 100% backed and funed by Mercer. Trump is a billionaire Real estate investor who operates his companies as pass through and s corps. he will save billions.

and all of them benefit fo ending estate taxes. And lets not forget estate taxes were created to prevent a ruling class forming and return to a feudal society..

Yes, it's a great plan. Better than the status quo and will jumpstart real GDP growth. Manufacturing will begin to return, pay will rise. This country needs this in a bad way

Old 09-29-2017, 10:48 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,487,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Go here: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...democrats.html

Old 09-29-2017, 10:53 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,487,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't disagree. None of it should be subsidized.
Maybe they were needed at some time when not enough people were buying houses, having kids, or going to school.... but I think we're way past that. Especially with the subprime mortgage crisis and the soon-to-be student loan crisis, we need to actually STOP people from mindlessly jumping into these things.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:55 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Yes, it's a great plan. Better than the status quo and will jumpstart real GDP growth. Manufacturing will begin to return, pay will rise. This country needs this in a bad way
How,how does this tax plan do all that???

Old 09-29-2017, 10:57 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Trump has been trying to get rid of Estate Tax for a very long time, and then he will go after Gift Tax so he can hide money in his kids account and move it back and forth without having any penalty to reduce the overall tax.

This man is "A CRIMINAL" America continues to want to brush over that.. He has been a criminal when it comes to money, and when money is involved, there is no limit to the type or nature of crimes one will engage. People need to be clear on that fact !!!!

People can act stupid if they want, without opening their eyes. We have 20 Trillion of Debt, because the wealthy have become billionaires and the general population turned into peasants. Now, we have massive natural disaster damages and more to come, and we have no room to talk about "tax cuts" because these damages means cities and towns have to be put back, and people lives have to be helped. There is ABSOLUTELY no room or time for anything remotely close to a Tax Cut that should be considered.

The thing America should be considering is RAISING THE MINIMUM WAGES, AND RAISING WAGES ACROSS THE BOARD, AND PUTTING IN PLACE "LOCK TIGHT INFLATION CONTROLS"..... AND A DECADE LONG FREEZE ON INTEREST RATES.

Then go in the market place and ban the rates charged by short term lender, and put a max cap on it. not to exceed 10% by any means, over the course of a yr. and such loans cannot be extended over 24 months, nor can the interest rate go over 10% during the overall term of such loans.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:13 AM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
How,how does this tax plan do all that???
Even many liberals agree that the tax on big and small businesses needs to be cut. Going from 35 to 20 rate will give companies ability to increase their workforce, expand operations in the US instead of Mexico or China, raise their pay to retain high skilled workers. And yes, also raise the dividend to shareholders which benefits our 401k. Simplifying the tax code from 7 to 3 (maybe 4) and lowering rates is also a positive. I'm not a tax professional but it's pretty easy to see the positives in this plan

Old 09-29-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Even many liberals agree that the tax on big and small businesses needs to be cut. Going from 35 to 20 rate will give companies ability to increase their workforce, expand operations in the US instead of Mexico or China, raise their pay to retain high skilled workers. And yes, also raise the dividend to shareholders which benefits our 401k. Simplifying the tax code from 7 to 3 (maybe 4) and lowering rates is also a positive. I'm not a tax professional but it's pretty easy to see the positives in this plan
RUBBISH.

right now US Corps have more cash on hand than any point in history.

Corps have MASSIVE profits, literally (as in literally) trillions of dollars in liquid assets.

Currently those trillions are sitting idle, invested and making money. Why on earth do you think adding another trillion to a pile of trillions will suddenly result in higher pay and more jobs.

Right this second those companies could increase wages, they could increase hiring, they could take the existing money and build new factories etc. But they are NOT, they CHOSE not to.

So tell me again Colorado, WHY lowering taxes even further will result in new jobs and higher wages.?

Real question Colorado, but we know you can't answer it .

(worth noting no corps currently actually pay the top rate they pay about 26-28% and that is a checkable fact.)

Old 09-29-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Maybe they were needed at some time when not enough people were buying houses, having kids, or going to school.... but I think we're way past that. Especially with the subprime mortgage crisis and the soon-to-be student loan crisis, we need to actually STOP people from mindlessly jumping into these things.
home ownership is the easiest and best way yet for the average person to use leverage in order to improve their financial situation.

10% down and the 90% loan tends to grow faster than the interest payments. the curves cross and the person goes from having nothing, to having a very real asset.

RE can make a working stiff, solvent and safe without the need for a large amount of start up capital ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies