Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 01:38 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Nothing.

I do not think it wise to have children out of wedlock, especially during teen years and/or with little to no financial resources.

It staggers the mind that this is in any way controversial, but you seem to think so too.
I think that the poster you are responding to was asking for context. Because a simple remark that having children when you don't have financial resources to support children is unwise isn't controversial.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:39 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Why does everything always have to be such a broad brushstroke on here? And that goes for everybody on all sides. One conservative does/says something crazy, so ALL conservatives are crazy. One liberal does/says something crazy, so ALL liberals are crazy. Why?

I learned within a few days that the Political section of City-Data unfortunately is not to be taken seriously. There is no such thing as positive and kind political debate on here whatsoever. it's a giant hate fest. "us vs them" mentality, if you're not on my side, you're the enemy. There are so many trolls on here that there can never be any hope of fair and friendly debates on disagreements.

But with the way people associate the actions or words of ONE person with ALL people of the same political affiliation...it's baffling.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:39 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This is hilarious.

How do you know these things? Or do you just make them up on the fly because you are so desperate to support your narrative?
I'm going to bet $20 and a bag of Marshmallows it's the latter. There's some serious mental illnesses being displayed in this thread. This is one of the craziest ideas I've seen yet. Like seriously, who in their right mind would think of nonsense like this?

Old 09-27-2017, 01:41 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
It isn't even an opinion. It is explicit in the doctrine being taught at universities that ALL white people are inherently racist due to institutional racism. If you are white, you cannot avoid being a white supremacist of one degree or another.

All of this, of course, is just code for white hatred. The Democrat party with their allies in the media and academia are constructing a movement based on the idea that the only good white person is a self-loathing liberal. Sure, when confronted, a number of liberals will cry about it, but in their hearts and amongst their own, they agree. This should not be controversial: it is what they explicitly preach. This explains why...

-We have a constant laser-like focus on imaginary injustice towards blacks people and a completely phony "black lives matter" movement when 85% of violent crimes commited between blacks and whites are commited by blacks against whites, and all of the damage done to black people in the 21st century is self-inflicted.

-They push the completely disgusting position of defending affirmative action out of one side of the mouth as they brag that the country is becoming majority-minority out of the other. So how big should the protected classes be?

-We have a major political party that takes the reprehensible postion that Americans who just want existing border laws enforced are racist. THEY ATTACK THEIR OWN CITIZENS ON BEHALF OF NON-CITIZENS.

-They attack people who are suspicious of Islam as "racist," when Islam is not a race. Islam is a relgiion with tenets that ANYONE should be allowed to read and scrutinize freely due to our first ammendement rights. It shows that they think of everything as ultimately racial, even when it is obviously not.

And on and on.

This is a tough love message. I do not want to see anyone hurt. The actual meaning of racism is "the belief that one group is biologically superior to another," and I am not racist, no matter how loud some will cry it. I want America to work for everyone. But this is definitely a warning for all of you who don't get it: THIS HAS TO STOP. This is already becoming a fight in the streets, and if it does, no one is going to win, but the ship will be righted and those of you spewing hatred in the the name of anti-hatred are going to get much the worse.
BS! This is simply the use of hyperbole to create a straw man. You cannot deny the claims or racism historically or presently.....so you distort the claim to be a claim made against ALL whites. That is a COMMON fallacy used by people who cannot deal with the truth of your own history.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:41 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
I think that the poster you are responding to was asking for context. Because a simple remark that having children when you don't have financial resources to support children is unwise isn't controversial.
Apparently it isn't as loads of people do just that.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:42 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Why does everything always have to be such a broad brushstroke on here? And that goes for everybody on all sides. One conservative does/says something crazy, so ALL conservatives are crazy. One liberal does/says something crazy, so ALL liberals are crazy. Why?

I learned within a few days that the Political section of City-Data unfortunately is not to be taken seriously. There is no such thing as positive and kind political debate on here whatsoever. it's a giant hate fest. "us vs them" mentality, if you're not on my side, you're the enemy. There are so many trolls on here that there can never be any hope of fair and friendly debates on disagreements.

But with the way people associate the actions or words of ONE person with ALL people of the same political affiliation...it's baffling.
try not to sound so innocent. this was you mere hours ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Typical from the right. Intolerance and violence.
edited to add - never mind, you were being sarcastic. you're good to go

Old 09-27-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Apparently it isn't as loads of people do just that.
And still you offer up no context.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:47 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
And still you offer up no context.
Thanks for proving my point.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:47 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
There are a lot of parallels between 2017 American and Nazi Germany (nationalism, hatred toward those of other races, class wars, power grabbing, control over government to levels not seen previously, etc.) But that's just "fake news" of course, so let's just sweep it under the carpet and see how far down we can go.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point.
Your point that asking you to provide context is somehow attacking you???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies