Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 01:49 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,931,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
BS! This is simply the use of hyperbole to create a straw man. You cannot deny the claims or racism historically or presently.....so you distort the claim to be a claim made against ALL whites. That is a COMMON fallacy used by people who cannot deal with the truth of your own history.
My parents immigrated from Europe. Do you concede that the "institutional racism" claim is inapplicable to those whose ancestors are not from the United States?

Old 09-27-2017, 01:49 PM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And still you offer up no context.
then the obvious answer is that the Nazi-shrieker required no context to call someone a Nazi based on no more than the statement about out-of-wedlock crumbcrunchers.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
then the obvious answer is that the Nazi-shrieker required no context to call someone a Nazi based on no more than the statement about out-of-wedlock crumbcrunchers.
Without any context, I can't make that determination.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:55 PM

206 posts, read 90,472 times
Racist southern-led white conservatives claim "racism against whites" when the goalposts that they themselves set up are no longer convenient for them. It was southern-conservatives and their allies (called dixiecrats back then) who said and have previously made laws that said that non-european descended peoples should be separate from european-descended peoples. Now that due to socioeconomic changes that resulted in a variety of different groups arriving on our shores to participate in the american dream, most of the new arrivals being of non-european descent: now the ideological descendants of the dixiecrats want to move the goalposts in order to create the nonsensical fiction of "non-european descended whites". An ethnic Indian (from india) or a Burmese or a native american is no more of European descent than a gay person is straight.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:06 PM

10,977 posts, read 7,062,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
White supremacist is code for peckerwood, racist, and the KKK.

I'm white, and white supremacist is a lowlife that has nothing to do with me.
Best words so far! Kudos for speaking blunt and clear, and hitting the hammer on the ol' nail. Another name is white trash.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-27-2017 at 02:16 PM..

Old 09-27-2017, 02:11 PM

30,223 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
It isn't even an opinion. It is explicit in the doctrine being taught at universities that ALL white people are inherently racist due to institutional racism. If you are white, you cannot avoid being a white supremacist of one degree or another.

All of this, of course, is just code for white hatred. ...
Even antifa turns on their own if the person is white:

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_vide...lm61_jDl7j.mp4

Old 09-27-2017, 02:29 PM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Even antifa turns on their own if the person is white:

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_vide...lm61_jDl7j.mp4
wow. that was insane.

what was all that crazed babble about 'performative'?

Old 09-27-2017, 02:39 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,762,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
My parents immigrated from Europe. Do you concede that the "institutional racism" claim is inapplicable to those whose ancestors are not from the United States?
I can't speak for Indentured Servant, but my perception is that the SJW's would say you don't get a pass because upon arrival in the US your parents would have benefited from the mere fact of being white, assuming they are white of course.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:41 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
White supremacist is code for peckerwood, racist, and the KKK.

I'm white and white supremacist is a lowlife that has nothing to do with me.
Exactly. I wonder who appointed OP the spokesman of all white male Americans?

Old 09-27-2017, 02:46 PM

25,480 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I thought that was understood these days. if you are white, you are not only a white supremacist, but you are a flaming racist (which of course go hand in hand). You are also more than likely a xenophobe, homophobe, and many other -phobes and -isms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This might be a narrative from Stormfront, but it's simply false.
Yes, it is certainly false.

But it is typically the common narrative of a liberal, both non-white and white. For the non-white liberal, it is a finger-pointing thing, for the white liberal it is a guilt-ridden self-flagellation thing. it seems to have replaced the "forgive me father for I have sinned" line, since there are very few religious people anymore, yet there is still a need to feel guilt and self-hatred about something. So why not feel guilty about what your great, great, great, great grandfather may or may not have done, right?

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-27-2017 at 03:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.