Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For those who want to roll back LGBT rights, how far do you want to go?
National religious freedom law i.e. businesses can refuse LGBT customers 43 70.49%
Gay marriage banned 24 39.34%
Gay adoption banned 28 45.90%
Don't Ask Don't Tell re-instated for all LGBT individuals 22 36.07%
Complete ban on LGBT people serving as it was prior to DADT in 1993 14 22.95%
Ban gay pride parades and any pro-gay perspectives in the media and educational system a-la Russia 10 16.39%
Ban homosexual activity with a fine 4 6.56%
Ban homosexual activity with jailtime 3 4.92%
Death penalty for homosexuality as laid out in Leviticus 20:13 4 6.56%
Other (please specify) 9 14.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:08 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

I really didn’t care about this one way or another until the LGBT-a— stick it into my face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 08:44 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
But that’s a preexisting condition insurance company must cover.
You are not correct on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
People with preexisting conditions should not serve in the military.
Many people are denied the opportunity to serve in the military. Cousins from one family: eyes too bad, broken nose that wasn't repaired, flat feet.............

Quote:
How about the government get the hell of this whole marriage business?

People should be free to marry whomever they want and in whatever way they want.
No, there MUST BE laws that keep people from marrying minors and also ones that protect the mentally incompetent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Muslim Americans are more likely to support same-sex marriage than Evangelical Christians in America, so I'll take the Muslims. Thanks.

In America, Muslims Are More Likely to Support Gay Marriage Than Evangelical Christians - Hit & Run : Reason.com

I consider anyone who uses Muslim Americans as a scapegoat to be pretty stupid.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-marriage.html
Nocookies | The Australian
Scotland's Muslim leaders to target politicians over same-sex marriage | HeraldScotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Equality for all, preferential treatment for none.
Great idea, but you won't see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Thank you for saying that. I'm one of them. The only reason transsexuals get lumped in with the rest of us is because they are a "sexual minority", for lack of a better term. It's even a stretch to put gays and lesbians together, to be honest. The two groups really have very little in common.

And unfortunately, LGBT has now evolved into LGBTQIA (to include *****, intersexed, and asexual). lol... It's truly becoming ridiculous.

https://lgbtqia.ucdavis.edu/educated/glossary.html

We'll stop holding hands or kissing in public as soon as heterosexuals do the same. In other words, never.
I don't care who holds hands or kisses, it is the "making out in public" (like grinding) that I find offensive! Doesn't matter who is doing it, "Get a room!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Since the left is such a big defender of Muslims perhaps we should let our Muslim immigrants decide using sharia law as the guide since a majority of Muslims support Sharia law.
At some point, if we don't stop the surge of Muslims and their demands for Sharia law, they will be making the decisions.

Gay marriage will not be an issue once sharia law becomes the law of the land.

Everyone wants to be special these days, and also to be able to base their failures not on themselves, but do to discrimination based on one thing or another. This constant screaming of discrimination is becoming white noise.

The poll was ridiculous. "a-la Russia" if we don't believe our children in school should be indoctrinated when it comes to the LGBT (plus all the new minority designations) and the death penalty...........Seriously, a ridiculous poll. The constant "in the face" is a tactic used by any anyone pushing an agenda and is meant to desensitize people to whatever the agenda is trying to accomplish.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:41 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Would this be enforced via mandatory genital checks? If someone thinks a tomboy pre-teen or an Italian nonna with facial hair might have a penis, what then?
The exact same thing that has occurred since gender specific public restrooms and/or locker rooms have existed: The assumption if you are unknown to each other is that if you look like a male or female you are one. If you don't have the right genitalia to be in that facility just make sure no one sees it. Very simple.

I have no doubt I have unknowingly shared public restroom facilities with folks sporting penises for decades, and there have been a few times that I was highly suspicious of what was under that skirt but since no one was insisting making sure I knew what was under the skirt I generally convinced myself I was wrong. Ignorance is bliss.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:26 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Since the left is such a big defender of Muslims perhaps we should let our Muslim immigrants decide using sharia law as the guide since a majority of Muslims support Sharia law.
American Muslims Are Now More Accepting Of Homosexuality Than White Evangelicals | HuffPost

Old 09-28-2017, 10:45 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You are not correct on that.

Many people are denied the opportunity to serve in the military. Cousins from one family: eyes too bad, broken nose that wasn't repaired, flat feet.............

No, there MUST BE laws that keep people from marrying minors and also ones that protect the mentally incompetent.

Muslim leaders preach for a 'no' vote on same-sex marriage | Daily Mail Online
Nocookies | The Australian
Scotland's Muslim leaders to target politicians over same-sex marriage | HeraldScotland

Great idea, but you won't see that.

I don't care who holds hands or kisses, it is the "making out in public" (like grinding) that I find offensive! Doesn't matter who is doing it, "Get a room!"

At some point, if we don't stop the surge of Muslims and their demands for Sharia law, they will be making the decisions.

Gay marriage will not be an issue once sharia law becomes the law of the land.

Everyone wants to be special these days, and also to be able to base their failures not on themselves, but do to discrimination based on one thing or another. This constant screaming of discrimination is becoming white noise.

The poll was ridiculous. "a-la Russia" if we don't believe our children in school should be indoctrinated when it comes to the LGBT (plus all the new minority designations) and the death penalty...........Seriously, a ridiculous poll. The constant "in the face" is a tactic used by any anyone pushing an agenda and is meant to desensitize people to whatever the agenda is trying to accomplish.
Dude, nobody is talking about minors. Consenting adults should have the freedom to marry whomever they want and in whatever way they seem fit. It's none of the business of the government.

However, I am fine with setting up a law for minors just like today, minors must obtain permissions from parents to get married. Minors, once over the same age of marriage, should also be allowed to cut their own genitals off as long as the parents permits.

As for adults, who cares? It's not my business as long as they don't make it my business. If I choose not to deal with LGBT, that's my right. They don't have the right to force me in one way or another!

Old 09-28-2017, 10:49 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
2 things.
I dont have to call you a zhe or other made up nonsense
My daughter doesnt have to shower with a dude who thinks hes a girl. If you are still packing, you are a guy.

Get married I dont care. I dont seek any on your list.
The transitioning until 18 thing makes sense to me, but I would have to research it further.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:49 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
JAs a social libertarian moderate I couldn't care less about the lgbtq community. Let them live as they wish and even adopt kids assuming they are psychologically stable. I do personally believe a lot of gay men are gay because they were molested as kids, though... We certainly dont want these men to carry on that tradition. I wish the right would stop trying to legislate morality.

Robbery, rape, and killing are immoral acts. Being transgender might be what I would consider a psychological disorder depending on the case at hand, more attention seeking behavior than anything, but its not immoral as it does not hurt anyone else.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:22 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
No need to roll anyone's rights back, just return the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason to private business.

So far as I can tell, this is the only "right" that has been taken away. Apparently one loses their freedom of association as well as their individual property rights the minute they decide to sell products/services.

Don't need to "take" anything, but we do need to "return" a bunch of stuff.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:41 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantu View Post
L

It seems transgender people have been doing fine so far in the military. It's only the talibangelicals who have nothing better to do than to pick on the most vulnerable members of our society. Why don't they just pray for salvation (or rapture) and leave the rest of society alone? How about live and let live?
huh? salvation? I don't think military cares about salvation. You can try your hardest to make it a religion issue, but it is not, at least, not for me.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:51 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:

As for adults, who cares? It's not my business as long as they don't make it my business. If I choose not to deal with LGBT, that's my right. They don't have the right to force me in one way or another!
In all fairness, it is always the heterosexual community makes the gay issue our issue. For example: They shouldn't get married.

Most marriages fail anyway, so I don't know why they can't get married.

I only know one gay man back in college. We both had the same interest: Hot Marines. Well, he never had any lucks with the Marines, but he has been in a committed relationship with his boyfriend for over 8 years. I went from man to man, only recently, I decided to settle down.

If he wants a legal marriage, who am I to say, he shouldn't.

for the Christian baker, well, that one is tricky. Free market should take care of this. I think any business owners should have the total freedom to choose their customers, it has nothing to do with religion. You probably don't want to give government more power.

It looks like the gays only want to have the same rights as everybody else, like, getting married, adoption. That kind of stuff.

As for the transgender people serving in the military, well, as if it has anything to do with religion. LOL Religious people probably will never be in the infantry units.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-28-2017 at 12:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies