Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 06:58 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,205,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
It's strange that the racists complain about the US not being a melting pot. It is the racists that pine for 50's style segregation.
Racists don't want segregation. They want separation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 07:04 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I think the real complaint white men have with modern society, is a "hatred" of "modern women".

The obsession with the 1950's, is an obsession with traditional women(and traditionalism more-broadly). Which is why many of them want to "import" brides from overseas(Asians, Eastern-Europeans, etc, who are more traditional).

This is why they ramble about "morality", and "the moral decline". Which is almost-always aimed at the immorality of women, not men.

If the men want to get married and have a family and American women do not, then maybe they have to go elsewhere to find women who want the same things they do.

Moral decline is across the board.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:05 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,868 times
Moral decline of America, bankrupted, three wives, womanizer can become President.

Biggest drug problem was caused by the Medical Industrial Complex by over subscribing drugs to cater to the pharmaceutical industry.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
It's important though to remember that those who are lamenting the loss of the good are not necessarily trying to bring back that which was bad.
The question is, why did things change in the first place? Did the laws actually change for moral reasons? Or was there something else?

If you accept the fact that governments NEVER act for moral reasons, and rather only act in the furtherance of the "national interests", then you'll realize why things are the way they are.

You need to understand, "Women's rights" was about all getting women to go to work, to grow the economy. And anti-racism efforts, was about building a "global world", of trade, tourism, etc. A government cannot legally-sanction racism against X,Y, and Z, while also being their main trading-partner.

The government will only change if it is in its economic-interests to change. Morality has nothing to do with anything.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If the men want to get married and have a family and American women do not, then maybe they have to go elsewhere to find women who want the same things they do.

Moral decline is across the board.
I agree that moral decline is across the board. But I do agree with John Adams, you cannot have good men without good women. And you cannot have good women, without good men.

Both have been corrupted. Though I insist that women have been more-so than men. And the effects are more-severe if women are corrupt than men, since women are the primary care-takers of children.

How did this happen? Why did this happen? Is there any way to change it back?

The answer is complicated, but suffice to say, there is no way to change it back without bringing down the entire system.

And those men who look for foreign women, in their desperation to find a traditional wife, aren't solving anything. If their foreign wife doesn't herself become corrupt, their children surely will. Because it is the system that is corrupt, and it poisons everything.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
When I see videos like this...I can't help but think. Do folks REALLY want things to go back to the way they were in the 50s?

DO THEY REMEMBER WHAT AMERICA WAS LIKE FOR MANY PEOPLE IN THE 50S?! Specifically, non-whites?

Old 09-28-2017, 07:19 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,574,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The 50s were so wonderful that they brought us the 60s.

Repression breeds revolution.

Excellent point.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:22 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
When I see videos like this...I can't help but think. Do folks REALLY want things to go back to the way they were in the 50s?

DO THEY REMEMBER WHAT AMERICA WAS LIKE FOR MANY PEOPLE IN THE 50S?! Specifically, non-whites?
And women?

And the answer is, of course they do. That's exactly the time they are longing for--when women and non-whites had no power and no voice. You know, the good old days.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:37 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I agree that moral decline is across the board. But I do agree with John Adams, you cannot have good men without good women. And you cannot have good women, without good men.

Both have been corrupted. Though I insist that women have been more-so than men. And the effects are more-severe if women are corrupt than men, since women are the primary care-takers of children.

How did this happen? Why did this happen? Is there any way to change it back?

The answer is complicated, but suffice to say, there is no way to change it back without bringing down the entire system.

And those men who look for foreign women, in their desperation to find a traditional wife, aren't solving anything. If their foreign wife doesn't herself become corrupt, their children surely will. Because it is the system that is corrupt, and it poisons everything.
Meh, if they have a few kids maybe one or two will be ok. There are still decent families raising decent kids. It is much more difficult now but committed parents can home school, live in certain areas with like minded people, teach kids basic skills like cooking and using tools, use discipline in parenting, etc. Dad has to be a strong role model and willing to sacrifice for his family or it fails.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:39 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Of course they do, that is why they want it back. Make America White Again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies