Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:35 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He opposes the Hyde Amendment barring public funding of abortion too. This must be a matter of deep fanaticism, er, political conviction for him, as it’s bananas to take the most extreme possible pro-abortion line in Alabama. And it’s doubly bananas when Democrats are planning to portray Moore as extreme on social issues himself. The first time Doug Jones claims Moore is “out of the mainstream,” guess what Moore’s going to say back.

Here’s where I remind you that solid majorities support banning abortion after 20 weeks. Not in Alabama. Nationally. Earlier this year Marist found 59 percent support for the 20-week ban; late last year a Susan B. Anthony List election day poll found 64 percent support, including 78 percent among millennials(!). Americans dislike the idea of late-term abortions in general: When Gallup polled that in 2013, they found Americans backed keeping abortion legal during the first trimester, 61/31, but strongly opposed its legality during the second trimester, 27/64. By the third trimester, when Doug Jones would still be waving pregnant women through the doors of Planned Parenthood, support for legal abortion drops to 14/80. Again, this is across the entire United States, not one of the reddest states in the country.

Link: https://hotair.com/archives/2017/09/...fe-child-born/

Where does the Democrat Party find these ghouls who are A-OK with killing children in the third trimester? Sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 10:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

Where does the Democrat Party find these ghouls who are A-OK with killing children in the third trimester? Sick.
They have been busy killing off their base. That's why the need open borders and illegals to come in and repopulate.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:45 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:

Under the same rock Republicans find those self-righteous ninnies who say homosexual behavior among consenting adults should be a criminal offense?

Old 09-28-2017, 10:52 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Republicans are only pro-fetus. As soon as a needy baby is born, Republicans abandon it. Jones is correct. Only live humans need protection. Women must have full rights over their bodies.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:01 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Roy Moore thinks homosexual conduct should be illegal. He also thinks that homosexuals are unfit parents. With his pro-life stance, he'd force them to have the babies and then he'd support taking away their babies, saying their are unfit parents because they are gay. Then he'd lock them up.

Roy Moore is the extremist.

Alabama Senate Candidate Roy Moore's Most Offensive Quotes | Time.com

Old 09-28-2017, 11:53 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Sad that the liberals on this thread endorse the ghoulish and depraved practice of third trimester abortion. Fortunately they, along with Doug Jones, are in the tiny minority.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:18 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,366 times
Please show me a direct quote by Doug Jones stating he supports abortions in the third trimester.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:35 PM

993 posts, read 766,406 times
Quote:
Sad that the liberals on this thread endorse the ghoulish and depraved practice of third trimester abortion. Fortunately they, along with Doug Jones, are in the tiny minority.
Please post a link to Jone's statement that he supports third trimester abortions.

Republicans seem to have given up on talking to voters outside of their own echo chamber. Instead the party is locked in an endless feedback loop as it tries to placate its most bombastic voices, like Roy Moore.

We are witnessing the break down of one of the nation’s two major political parties. As it turns out, many of the Trump voters who said they wanted to burn it all down meant it and they are taking to the task with great relish.

The GOP was once the party of William F. Buckley Jr., Ronald Reagan and John McCain. Today, Donald Trump is the face of what the GOP has become.

Roy Moore is the face of what it is becoming. And there's no way to stop it.

Last edited by homeonthelittlemountain; 09-28-2017 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 12:37 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Darn right I meant it when I said I wanted to burn it down.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:37 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Please show me a direct quote by Doug Jones stating he supports abortions in the third trimester.
Quote:
“I am a firm believer that a woman should have the freedom to choose what happens to her own body, and I’m going to stand up for that and I’m going to make sure that that continues to happen,” Jones said…

“You wouldn’t be in favor of legislation that said ban abortion after 20 weeks, or something like that?” Todd asked.

“No, I’m not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman’s right and her freedom to choose,” Jones said. “That’s just the position that I’ve had for many years, it’s the position I continue to have.”
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/09/...fe-child-born/

Satisfied? This came from an appearance on MSNBC. If you actually clicked on the link in the OP, you would have read this yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies