Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 09:27 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The easiest way to keep from being manipulated is to research and understand a topic from all angles while keeping an open mind.
Absolutely. I like facts, not a news reporters opinion.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:07 PM

319 posts, read 198,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You seem to have mistaken me for a Republican. In truth, I am a Libertarian. I merely like to point out the fallacy of the liberal thought process and watch their heads explode. Don't feel picked on, I do it to conservatives as well. Both sides have valid ideas, and both sides have ideas that should never see the light of day.

I'm sure you're not thrilled with people pointing out the logical errors in your argument, but avoiding that would be very simple: Don't post illogical arguments. If you're going to post something like the original post in this thread, be prepared to have people point out the flaws in your logic. After all, this is a public forum.
I haven't mistaken you for anything other than a...I can't post the word as it'd be a violation of this site's TOS.

You saying you get joy out of "watching liberals heads explode" is equivalent to a lazy stoner yelling obscenities through his headphones while playing Call of Duty in his parents' basement. He may truly believe he's doing something clever, just as you believe you're doing here. Hate to break it to you, but neither of you are doing anything that's clever.

You haven't pointed out any errors in my argument. So I will continue posting as I was.

I get that this thread triggers you, but it's your choice to keep reading.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:09 PM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
Just think about all the stuff they believe and/or fall for:
  1. Republicans fell for Facebook ads that Russia bought
  2. Republicans believe coal will come back
  3. Republicans deny climate change and then lose everything to multiple 100-year floods
  4. Republicans vote for tax plans that leave them "left behind"
  5. Republicans shun education and then cry when companies hire more qualified workers from Asia
  6. Republicans fell for Trump's promise that Obamacare would be repealed on Trump's first day
  7. Republicans support preachers and churches that have sold themselves to politicians
  8. Republicans deny others basic human rights all while calling themselves God-fearing
  9. Republicans claim to be pro-life but shrug and say who cares when a black teenager gets murdered by cops
  10. Republicans get all riled up over the flag at NFL games even though the only reason the NFL allows the flag ceremony is because the ceremony is funded with our tax dollars
  11. Republicans believe Trump is one of them (he laughs at them)
  12. Republicans elected someone in Trump who doesn't believe in anything the party claims to stand for (deficit reduction, God, etc.)
  13. Republicans believe Fox news hosts are looking out for them when really they're just exploiting anger for money
  14. Republicans fell for weapons of mass destruction
  15. Republicans fell for Trump who will go down as one of the worst presidents ever
  16. Republicans claim to be conservative but have spent everyday this year defending Trump's non-conservative policies and behavior

Why are Republican voters so easily manipulated?
Replace Republicans with people, change a few arguments in a few cases and you're not far from the truth.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:56 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
They complain that media is biased, but then only tune into biased media (Foxnoose, breitbart, etc) Yes, easily manipulated, lol.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:00 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
Just think about all the stuff they believe and/or fall for:
  1. Republicans fell for Facebook ads that Russia bought
  2. Republicans believe coal will come back
  3. Republicans deny climate change and then lose everything to multiple 100-year floods
  4. Republicans vote for tax plans that leave them "left behind"
  5. Republicans shun education and then cry when companies hire more qualified workers from Asia
  6. Republicans fell for Trump's promise that Obamacare would be repealed on Trump's first day
  7. Republicans support preachers and churches that have sold themselves to politicians
  8. Republicans deny others basic human rights all while calling themselves God-fearing
  9. Republicans claim to be pro-life but shrug and say who cares when a black teenager gets murdered by cops
  10. Republicans get all riled up over the flag at NFL games even though the only reason the NFL allows the flag ceremony is because the ceremony is funded with our tax dollars
  11. Republicans believe Trump is one of them (he laughs at them)
  12. Republicans elected someone in Trump who doesn't believe in anything the party claims to stand for (deficit reduction, God, etc.)
  13. Republicans believe Fox news hosts are looking out for them when really they're just exploiting anger for money
  14. Republicans fell for weapons of mass destruction
  15. Republicans fell for Trump who will go down as one of the worst presidents ever
  16. Republicans claim to be conservative but have spent everyday this year defending Trump's non-conservative policies and behavior

Why are Republican voters so easily manipulated?
Yes, because they have developed an outrage industry over the last three decades that keeps them frothing at the mouth over the latest thing Rupert Murdoch thinks they should be angry about. Throw in Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, White Power Barbie, and all the other angry talking heads and you end up with a huge echo chamber.

The left has tried to start their own but it pales in comparison to the one that has transformed the Republican party from a center-right party into something 1980s conservatives would not even recognize. And now that its Trump's party, they have gone full John Birch Society& KKK and dove headlong into the world of conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies