Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 05:49 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,160,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Enjoying your Trump fantasy?
Is there no end to this nonsense?
Children at play, pay no attention, just TDS.
TDS? Trump Denial Syndrome? It's a common affliction among Trump supporters. They finally got a guy who reflects their politics -- hurray! -- but oh no, he's a train wreck. Rather than admit their guy is a real stinker in office, the Trump Deniers pretend that he's going to right the ship, that everything is OK. But things are not OK as long as Mueller lurks in the background building his case. Indictments are coming.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:49 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
In the interest of being even handed here, I think it's more than simply liberal types not wanting a war machine in their neighborhood. I'm a big supporter of the military but I don't know if I'd want to see a tank sitting in someone's drive way.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:51 PM

37,162 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Why haven't the military cargo helicopters been there since last week, as soon as the extent of damage was known, along with earth moving equipment to repair the roads enough to drive on?

Old 10-01-2017, 05:51 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

A Cat 4 hurricane passed directly over the island. That they were going to need a lot of boots on the ground to clear roads, build bridges, haul and distribute fuel and supplies is hardly unexpected.

Read where Lt. Gen. Buchanan just took a helicopter tour of the island and announced it the worst he'd ever seen.

Why would this be a surprise?

Why did it take nearly two weeks to make this assessment?
Generals don't make initial assessments of Hurricane Damage - DUH.
When FEMA learned they had no Local Partners to work with - the President called in the Military.

The Kersage Expeditionary Group and 2 other Amphibious battle groups were there doing relief right after Irma on Puerto Rico, and then had to leave when it was clear Maria was going to make a direct hit. They immediately came back when the storm passed and found that the airport and ports were inoperable - they made repairs a quickly as possible. They have pre-staged many trailer loads of supplies, food, water, medicine - Unfortunately, they had no idea that one half the Puerto Rican National Guard would stay home and that 80% of the Truckers would go AWOL and not deliver the pre-staged supplies.

The Naval Institute did several reports and the Military Times was reporting all this. The WASP was sent to Domenica and the US Virgin Islands. The US Military and the President of the United States appear to have grasped what the lemmings and the Leftist Media did not even consider - - -

All this happened in the Caribbean and the US Navy & Coast Guard was on the JOB right from the beginning.
I'll grant you that they failed to use a Crystal Ball to learn about the Local National Guard & Truckers that didn't show up. That is DEFINITELY the fault of the US Military and FEMA.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:52 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Every town and village has been reached. Geraldo Rivera called the mayor out and said to her face ,no one is dieing. The woman is a liar, plain and simple.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:57 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,027,985 times
How damned dumb does one have to be to not know that she attacked him first? Damn, that's damned dumb!

They both should have kept their mouths/fingers quiet!

Old 10-01-2017, 05:57 PM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
... but I don't know if I'd want to see a tank sitting in someone's drive way.
Oh... you already do!

They are called Ford F-13,000,000s, Dodge Ram Behemoths, Chevy Titan Unlimiteds, and Toyota Big-Bang Universe-Crushers. All diesel powered, of course. And all noisier than hell and belching black clouds of cancer-causing smoke. And of course, right around 0.001% of them have ever seen a load of anything more than a case of cheap beer in their over-sized beds.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:58 PM

5,947 posts, read 2,869,362 times
so true

Old 10-01-2017, 06:01 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,281,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
And soldiers use what?

Equipment

So what? The point was we don't idolize equipment, but the people who fight.

Last edited by wallflash; 10-01-2017 at 06:43 PM..

Old 10-01-2017, 06:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then why the hell are you even complaining?

YOUR post is exactly why the right is complaining about, people such as you......you complain that trump is doing nothing.....then you say this crap.

Congrats...you should be extremely embarrassed...and yes, we know you ARE comparing and then provide provide every reason to back up trump.....

FM.....folks.....really......
Did I complain about something Chucky? Link to that post where I complained about my circumstance related to Irma, Maria or any other natural disaster.

Nice deflection attempt but no cigar; Trump screwed the pooch as regards Puerto Rico and you rabid cultists know this as well as a significant number of the "right".

No one is going to be able to support his intransigence and lassitude at responding to this tragedy.

You should be ashamed for defending a man who obviously attached less import upon a territory that is not occasioned the vote in elections and took five days, FIVE DAYS of careful considering his putts as a priority above that of calling his team together to discuss the response to an event they already knew was going to be a disaster days ahead of the hurricane's actually hitting Puerto Rico. There is no acceptable excuse.

The U.S. has demonstrated time and time again it can address these terrible occurrences with speed and efficiency. No one is going to believe this response was typical.

Thanks for the congratulations and I'm not the least bit embarrassed to challenge the bullcrap you cultists are spouting on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.