Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 04:16 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,872,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
The truth about what's happening in Puerto Rico is that it's not the federal government that's incompetent, it's the corrupt far left state and local governments. They bankrupted the place while neglecting to fix their crumbling infrastructure, despite receiving hundreds of billions of dollars in bailout money. Instead they chose to use this money for social programs. They have the supplies but not the drivers because they can't get a hold of the drivers and the unions are protecting them from non-union labor. They also clearly did not have a plan for a hurricane. Most of the relief efforts should be handled at the state/local levels based on years of planning but they're incompetent so the feds need to do the leg work. Trump is being blamed for their failures. They're going to use this storm to extort more money out of the US taxpayer. This is a place where 80% of the people are on welfare, they're running massive deficits every year and have the nerve to ask us for a bailout every year. If they didn't receive these bailouts and weren't attached to the US dollar they would be in far worse shape than even Venezuela.
Everybody with two brain cells knows all about PR.
You are spot on.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:21 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,405,025 times
Quote:
This is a place where 80% of the people are on welfare
Source?

Old 09-30-2017, 04:21 PM

5,237 posts, read 3,580,396 times
I don't know why libs are being so unfair to Trump about helping PR, I mean he has devoted a whole 30 minutes of his schedule Saturday to deal with this according to the official White House schedule before hitting the links, while keeping a watchful eye on NFL players & watching Fox News & tweeting.

30 minutes... Are we tired of so much winning yet?

Old 09-30-2017, 04:23 PM

6,323 posts, read 6,982,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
What do you think about the emergency broadcast system working? There's no electricity. With no electricity do you think that they have radio or TV?

Go ahead. Answer your own question. If you understand what the emergency broadcast system is, I have great faith that you can answer that.
Having an EBS system that is ONLY functioning when the grid is up.....is that a sign of a competent government?

What part of Emergency Broadcast System do you NOT understand? Is it the Emergency part?? By definition, an emergency will probably have at least some issues with the grid and communications. It is a critical function in emergency management.

After 9/11 the Bush Administration and also the Obama Adminstration sent millions of dollars to state and local communities for emergency management operations. There were also millions of dollars sent to train local and state officials in emergency management operations including a common management structure and communications.

What happened in Puerto Rico to the money and training??

Old 09-30-2017, 04:23 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,716,143 times
Quote:
The truth about what's happening in Puerto Rico is that it's not the federal government that's incompetent, it's the corrupt far left state and local governments. They bankrupted the place while neglecting to fix their crumbling infrastructure, despite receiving hundreds of billions of dollars in bailout money. Instead they chose to use this money for social programs. They have the supplies but not the drivers because they can't get a hold of the drivers and the unions are protecting them from non-union labor. They also clearly did not have a plan for a hurricane. Most of the relief efforts should be handled at the state/local levels based on years of planning but they're incompetent so the feds need to do the leg work. Trump is being blamed for their failures. They're going to use this storm to extort more money out of the US taxpayer. This is a place where 80% of the people are on welfare, they're running massive deficits every year and have the nerve to ask us for a bailout every year. If they didn't receive these bailouts and weren't attached to the US dollar they would be in far worse shape than even Venezuela.
Wow... you Trumplings have turned twisting facts around so that any situation glorifies your messiah into an art form. You put a lot into this didn't you cttransplant?

As with any post by a Trump zombie, this OP doesn't provide any links to back up his rant.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:24 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,320,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by life4orce View Post
People are sheep and just want to shoot from the hip because the truth doesn't support their narrative. The fact is, there are a lot of supplies and help there. A big problem is the infrastructure is so bad that the help can't get to a lot of the people. Is that Trumps fault too? The mayor just wants to politicize this, and all the Trump haters just want to lap it all up.

Houston and Florida have the advantage of being able to drive there with infrastructure that's light years ahead of what's in Puerto Rico. You had Utility trucks from Maine driving down to help restore electricity and it still took weeks to get some of it back. You don't have the luxury of having trucks with skilled workers drive to Puerto Rico within a couple of days.

Stories are coming out from people on the ground that it's far different from what's being reported and what's being screamed by San Juan's Mayor. Are they still in a bad place? Yes, but the help is there, the supplies are there and more coming every day. But people don't want to focus on that. They just want to politicize it.
They had good roads throughout Puerto Rico. I know because we drove them. Hurricanes do slit of damage and debris made them unpassable.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:27 PM

17,348 posts, read 9,176,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post
Oh I get it. She's a Democrat, so Puerto Ricans should rot. Sick.

Meanwhile, while Republicans votes against Sandy aid, Democrats voted for aid to Texas and Florida. This argument makes the right sound (more) pathetic.
Somebody sure sounds "pathetic" - like maybe the Mayor of San Jose that was praising FEMA and the response 5 days ago and now she is saying that President Trump is doing a "genocide" on Puerto Ricans. She want's "red tape" eliminated. She hasn't attended a single FEMA meeting .... too busy meeting with the Mayors of New York City, Boston and the Leftists that are giving her the "talking points". Nobody voted against Sandy Aid when the pork was removed from it .... and by the way, that area is not really "recovered" even today mostly because of the "red tape".

San Juan Mayor Praises FEMA

As usual ..... Leftists always forget about that pesky Video Tape.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:28 PM

1,743 posts, read 985,937 times
RE-POST

From a friend in Puerto Rico

Quote:
I got online for the first time in days and one of the very first things I saw was an out and out lie about the government's response to the crisis I am in the middle of.

I don't care if you hate or love Trump, using the crisis in Puerto Rico to spread political lies is disgusting!

I am literally across the street from the airport, and the hotel I am in is where many of the first responders are staying, so here is what is going on from someone who is actually here seeing it.

The government is here and has been here!

Every single day plane after plane full of FEMA, FBI, homeland security, army, Air Force, Marines, and extra police officers from all over the country shows up.
Cargo plane after cargo plane and ship after ship full of supplies shows up. There is a hospital ship off the coast that I can see from the beach.
The response was quick and it keeps coming!
They are out every day from sun up until sun down.

This isn't a political issue, it is a humanitarian one.
The lies being spread about the response aren't helping the people here, it is just fueling hate based on lies!

If you want to help Puerto Rico, donate money or supplies and pray.
If you want to play politics find something else to argue about!

Not like there aren't hundreds of topics for you to choose from!

Edited to add this- Roads have been completely destroyed in many areas, especially the remote ones. The military and FEMA are going out to these places on foot with 100 lbs + packs on their backs.

It is requiring them to cut their way through flooded areas to get there. It will take time to reach everyone when conditions are as bad as they are.

Thank you, Sandi Davis!

Old 09-30-2017, 04:32 PM

31,341 posts, read 14,144,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I don't know why libs are being so unfair to Trump about helping PR, I mean he has devoted a whole 30 minutes of his schedule Saturday to deal with this according to the official White House schedule before hitting the links, while keeping a watchful eye on NFL players & watching Fox News & tweeting.

30 minutes... Are we tired of so much winning yet?
Please let me know what he should do.

Do you want him to take a boat down there himself, armed with an ax, and clear a roadway so the supplies can be moved in?

Please....we wait for your response.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:32 PM

17,931 posts, read 27,345,678 times
I'm not going to answer this poll, as it is baiting. Trump is attacking no one.

Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...89003745468417

Attacking the mayor of a disaster stricken city is not a good look, even for Trump. Is his ego that fragile? Seems like he was willing to give Florida and Texas everything they needed. What's the difference?
He's crazy like a fox. He's really yelling at the Chuck Schumers, the Nancy Pelosis, the Maxine Waters, the John McCains of the world who do nothing themselves but scream in her ear to go after Donald Trump for doing nothing, which is a big fat lie.

So what's up with Puerto Rico truck drivers going on strike demanding 30 bucks/hour?

Newsflash that CNN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy02Dy4SybAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy02Dy4SybA">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy02Dy4SybA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" class="youtube_embed">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy02Dy4SybA

oh, and that. Beestards.

can't seem to youtube these anymore. Do I have the wrong web browser?

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-30-2017 at 04:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies