Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:49 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Another mayor, a man, complained the night before she did. His complaint was that he was required, by the aid workers, to go to San Juan to request assistance. To do that, he had to take fuel from the fuel allocated for generators. After Mayor Cruz complained, I heard an interview where she cited that the reason that she spoke up was that she got calls from other mayors complaining that they were told to get to San Juan if they wanted assistance.

The press is in San Juan. She is in San Juan. Further questions?
Quote:
My experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. I’m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,” said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Rico’s New Progressive Party.
Well, this mayor disagrees with you....

I guess this guy did his job, as a mayor, went to FEMA meetings.....and he IS receiving assistance.....

Old 10-01-2017, 11:49 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yup! Agreed....the other 77 mayors....seem to be doing their job....leading....
Uh no, that would be following. They're getting everything when it arrives from San Juan and no sooner. You know; that city with the mayor that's currently holding Trumps feet to the fire and making him jerk like the dummie on strings he is.

All of this will be post mortemed to death in the weeks to come and your pet cheeto is going to look even worse after experts get to have their say about his failure for days to even call a meeting about the disaster while he golfed.

It will come out later that the military and others were champing at the bit locked and loaded ready to lift off but got no direction to do so.

It will come out later the U.S. response to other Caribbean disasters, to other islands "surrounded by water, big water, ocean water", were light years faster by comparison and one with any conscience at all will naturally wonder why.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:51 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
So the mayor is on TV asking for help. I guess we have never ever seen mayors on TV asking help when disasters have hit the mainland! You people are really sick in trying to make this all about her. She is doing what she is supposed to do. GET HELP FOT HER PEOPLE. And how do you do that? Go on TV you imbeciles.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Another mayor, a man, complained the night before she did. His complaint was that he was required, by the aid workers, to go to San Juan to request assistance. To do that, he had to take fuel from the fuel allocated for generators. After Mayor Cruz complained, I heard an interview where she cited that the reason that she spoke up was that she got calls from other mayors complaining that they were told to get to San Juan if they wanted assistance.

The press is in San Juan. She is in San Juan. Further questions?
This exactly!

Old 10-01-2017, 11:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
When the S hits the fan, it is going to take a long time and much effort to right the trolley, no matter who is POTUS.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Uh no, that would be following. They're getting everything when it arrives from San Juan and no sooner. You know; that city with the mayor that's currently holding Trumps feet to the fire and making him jerk like the dummie on strings he is.
Nope, crying.....while she prints a shirt....the other are doing their job...

Quote:
All of this will be post mortemed to death in the weeks to come and your pet cheeto is going to look even worse after experts get to have their say about his failure for days to even call a meeting about the disaster while he golfed.
LOL....not really...but if it's said many more times it may come true....

Quote:
It will come out later that the military and others were champing at the bit locked and loaded ready to lift off but got no direction to do so.
Doubtful....I know the left has short memories, but there were 2 other major recovery situations going on and a few wars....

Quote:
It will come out later the U.S. response to other Caribbean disasters, to other islands "surrounded by water, big water, ocean water", were light years faster by comparison and one with any conscience at all will naturally wonder why.
The left is truly delusional....BS's post proves it....

And then there is this....from another mayor:

Quote:
My experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. I’m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,” said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Rico’s New Progressive Party.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
This exactly!
EXACTLY, another failure:

Quote:

Old 10-01-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Are they on TV? Are they saying nothing is happening?

You know for FACT they are in "Fear and reprisal"? How, do tell, you evidently know all 77....

The other mayors are paid by that one mayor? hahahahahhahaaa
The other mayors are scattered to hell and beyond. What about this do you not yet understand?

Old 10-01-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The Daily Caller is a fake news site. Got anything else?
All you have to do is prove it wrong, do you really think that CNN would cover anything like that?

Old 10-01-2017, 11:58 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Our American first responders have been to every village in Puerto Rico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies