Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 02:33 AM

671 posts, read 442,779 times

Advertisements

Take a knee. I hate that phrase. Well, unless you are Danearys and you ask Jon Snow to BEND the knee..which he refused to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 02:44 AM

11,567 posts, read 5,622,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Silliest post of the week.
I agree - they are all free to leave - many threatened to during the election just like their celebrity role models and where are they now - still living in the good old USA because they know they have it good.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:14 AM

17,720 posts, read 13,437,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

“I just wanted to let you know that this morning when it was time to do the Pledge of Allegiance, [your son] went down on one knee,” the student’s teacher told his mother through a text message. “I knew where he had seen it but I did tell him that in the classroom we are learning what it means to be a good citizen we’re learning about respecting the United States of America and our country symbols and showing loyalty and patriotism and that we stand for the Pledge of Allegiance. I know its a sensitive issue but I wanted to make you aware. Thanks”

(snip)

Sorry it's not about the left or the right it's about being compliant like a good little citizen.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:17 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,245,606 times
I am so sick and tired of these continued posts about how awful the left is and how our country has gone downhill because of the left. It is so naive not to believe that both sides have their hands in where we are at today as a country. Leftists poison? Please.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:33 AM

34,134 posts, read 18,389,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I am so sick and tired of these continued posts about how awful the left is and how our country has gone downhill because of the left. It is so naive not to believe that both sides have their hands in where we are at today as a country. Leftists poison? Please.
Don't read the posts. How about that? The left hates America, the right doesn't. Now which are you? You just don't like being reminded.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:35 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,711,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Umm, no, he doesn't. Any more than the football players do, to "protest" in the middle of their workday in the middle of their workplace (stadium) under supervision of their boss (coach, manager or team owner) while accepting the boss's money for performing for the fans. Or in a classroom under supervision of a teacher.

He can take a knee during recess, or when walking to and from school. Then he can make a fool of himself all he wants, backing a nonsense "protest" on his own time, instead of doing it during a standard ritual in which all participate.
The Supreme Court disagrees with you. Please refer to post #6 for details.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:36 AM

17,720 posts, read 13,437,220 times
Quote:
I am so sick and tired of these continued posts about how awful the left is and how our country has gone downhill because of the left. It is so naive not to believe that BOTH SIDE have their hands in where we are at today as a country. Leftists poison? Please.

Neither side will admit that their party is guilty of a damn thing their arrogance is simply amazing.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:39 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,481,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
Take a knee. I hate that phrase. Well, unless you are Danearys and you ask Jon Snow to BEND the knee..which he refused to do.
Not a football fan?

Old 10-01-2017, 07:42 AM

10,189 posts, read 7,916,685 times
Quote:

Sorry! I guess the truth really hurts huh?

Old 10-01-2017, 07:45 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,481,606 times
There's something to be said for teaching your child at an early age to just follow the rules and not disrupt the classroom. Look at what goes on in some of the poorer schools. Complete mayhem.

This is a meaningless act whether we're talking about one kid in a classroom or players on a field. It would be better for mom to educate him about how laws are changed and how one person can get the ball rolling to change them. And if he wants to get involved in that way, she can help him in that effort.

Grandstanding with zero impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies