Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 02:40 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,962,766 times

Advertisements

Las Vegas was tragic, but I don't know why everybody is clutching their pearls about it. We have a couple mass shootings every year and we'll have more in the future. People are acting like it's something that has never happened before, but it has - many, many times.

This sense of righteous outrage doesn't cover the fact that we accept this in our society. And nothing will change because we don't have the political will to change. Other countries have a fraction of the gun violence we have, but as long as the NRA considers a few hundred people getting their heads blown off every once in a while acceptable, and as long as they can bribe members of Congress to continue to make an unlimited number of guns available to anybody who wants them, nothing is going to change.

The old adage about only criminals getting guns may be partially true, but we do everything we can to put them in their hands because they are available just about anywhere to anybody.

If those dead children in Newtown couldn't spur change, then we as a society accept this collateral damage every few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 02:40 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
The minute anybody compares a gun to a dick, they expose their idiocy for the world to see.

Welcome our newest idiot, everyone!
Young and dumb? I suppose. Grow up child and read some reports.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They already have the name of gun sellers. No problem whatsoever.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/la...checks-n806921
Then the question becomes, at what point does the amount of guns purchased and the amount of ammunition gain a level of scrutiny? Are there no laws on that? Maybe there should be. At what point does the amount of weaponry purchased from a seller become a liability for the seller? Again, that is a reasonable discussion to have considering the number of people murdered and injured in this and other mass shootings. I'm guessing there will be some creative lawyers looking into this now and in the future.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Why do some liberals clap with glee when a republican is caught in a bathroom doing sexual stuff, or if they are a pedophile or whatever?

I've got plenty of Bill Maher clips to back that up.

And I've got plenty of examples of Anthony Weiner types from the other side who are sickos as well.

You said.
Why do some liberals clap with glee when a republican is caught in a bathroom doing sexual stuff, or if they are a pedophile or whatever?

Because so many republicans think they own the high road of morals. Plenty have the attitude of do as i say not as i do.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:45 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You said.

Because so many republicans think they own the high road of morals. Plenty have the attitude of do as i say not as i do.
So they have a right to act petty and high on your horse/self-righteous?

I can give you example after example of liberals' deceitfulness with regards to all sorts of things.

7 of the wealthiest 10 members of congress are liberals, for just one example. I could go on and on.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:45 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Just heard,some of the victims ran and died a few blocks away. This is so horrible.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is also connected to the one next door, the pyramid one. I stayed there once, and there is an underground mall and access which connects the two resorts.
You can rent an handicap electric cart for about $40 per day and attach your own cart to it. The hotels only rent them out they don't own them and won't say squat to you.

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Actually, if this guy bought all these guns from a private seller and they identify the seller, can that seller be taken to court for the result? No? Maybe there should be laws on that. Odds are the seller will be publicly identified at some point in this case.
Nonsense.
So by your logic, auto dealerships can be sued if thier customers are arrested for DUI?
Paint companies for graffiti? Walmart for illegal use of any of thier products?
Previous owner of a used car, if the new owner uses it in a robbery?

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Las Vegas was tragic, but I don't know why everybody is clutching their pearls about it. We have a couple mass shootings every year and we'll have more in the future. People are acting like it's something that has never happened before, but it has - many, many times.

This sense of righteous outrage doesn't cover the fact that we accept this in our society. And nothing will change because we don't have the political will to change. Other countries have a fraction of the gun violence we have, but as long as the NRA considers a few hundred people getting their heads blown off every once in a while acceptable, and as long as they can bribe members of Congress to continue to make an unlimited number of guns available to anybody who wants them, nothing is going to change.

The old adage about only criminals getting guns may be partially true, but we do everything we can to put them in their hands because they are available just about anywhere to anybody.

If those dead children in Newtown couldn't spur change, then we as a society accept this collateral damage every few months.
I wish this wasn't true but it is. Republicans call these shootings "the price of freedom". It's horrific and it goes back to that television executive saying she lost hope Republicans will do anything after Sandy Hook. Her second comment went too far but her first comment was simply acknowledging that if twenty murdered children doesn't motivate Republicans to stop excusing mass shootings, nothing will. Las Vegas was still in progress when right wing blogs were going into overdrive defending guns.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:47 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Then the question becomes, at what point does the amount of guns purchased and the amount of ammunition gain a level of scrutiny? Are there no laws on that? Maybe there should be. At what point does the amount of weaponry purchased from a seller become a liability for the seller? Again, that is a reasonable discussion to have considering the number of people murdered and injured in this and other mass shootings. I'm guessing there will be some creative lawyers looking into this now and in the future.
What difference does it make if he had 4 guns or 400?

A person can only shoot one gun at a time.

He had several handguns and shotguns in his arsenal - neither of which would have done much from 32nd floor of hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies