Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 11:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Conspiracy or not .. In return for reporting this detail, the LV Sherrif BLOCKED Laura Loomer on twitter.

Last time she was in the LVMPD press conference, it was HER QUESTION which established the shooter had in fact checked in THREE DAYS EARLIER:

For that she was barred from the next press conference —prevented from physically entering the room.
The self- described " investigative reporter" had declared the shooting a terrorist attack being covered up by the Deep State. She also alleged Campos is an illegal immigrant, not on the payroll of the Mandalay with a gag order. She, like other celebrity conspiracy theorists make a good living off of promoting the Deep State / news you won't hear anywhere else thing.

Must **** her off that Campos and the hotel engineer taped an interview on, of all things, the Ellen Show who made a donation to the Victim's Fund.

Continues to seem to me the easiest thing for LE/ FBI to have done would have been to make some giant leaps and call it an Act of Terrorism, as the ISIS media claimed. Sure would beat the narritive that LE/ FBI does not know the motive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 11:20 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
This coming from the person who believes a blatant lie from a "career criminal profiler" and can not differentiate law abiding and shooting sports enthusiasts from scumbags...

On behalf of all law abiding firearm owners and shooting sports enthusiasts who do not commit crimes or Comission the use of our firearms in criminal enterprise...
If you adore Japan and every other country, please pick a city. We will gladly buy your tickets and pay your moving fees.

Mathematically, if we all sacrificed one weekend at the range per month, added the money up, we could buy you your utpoia in a country you adore.
So if someone disagrees with you and your position your solution is they should leave the country? WTF is wrong with you? The poster was just giving an example of what works in other countries. This sort of thing does not happen nearly this often in virtually every other country in the world. That's kind of a fact.

Thus shooter by all accounts was also a law abiding citizen just as you are. He certainly would have passed the background check. So clearly the existing laws don't work and the obvious solution is to not allow such equipment to be purchases so easily.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Jeez guys this isn't that hard to understand. Of course this clown was still going to kill people, without the equipment he had purchased legally he would would have found a way to use other equipment and still killed. However the fact that he was able to purchase so many semi-automatic weapons so easily, then make them pretty close to an automatic weapons with the legal purchase of bump stocks, is why so many more people died and were seriously injured. We all heard the audio, it sounded like he had machine guns as he slaughtered innocents. Take away that ability to walk into a gun store and buy this stuff so easily and he kills far less people and a few mothers do not lose their children.

If my child was one of those slaughtered I'd be pretty disgusted with your selfish attitudes.
We don't know what he would have done in the absence of the unlimited legal ability to acquire/ own/ carry the types of firearms and accessories he did.

Only thing certain is the death and injury toll would not have likely been the same.

The Las Vegas massacre serves as inspiration to the next mass shooter. Maybe the next one will open fire on hundreds of children in a school yard during recess and do so from a nearby apartment or roof top.

I would be surprised if the death of a few hundred kids in a school yard would result in any changes to law that would limit the types of firearms that can be legally acquired, owned, carried and used.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-18-2017 at 11:59 AM..

Old 10-18-2017, 11:39 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Jeez guys this isn't that hard to understand. Of course this clown was still going to kill people, without the equipment he had purchased legally he would would have found a way to use other equipment and still killed. However the fact that he was able to purchase so many semi-automatic weapons so easily, then make them pretty close to an automatic weapons with the legal purchase of bump stocks, is why so many more people died and were seriously injured. We all heard the audio, it sounded like he had machine guns as he slaughtered innocents. Take away that ability to walk into a gun store and buy this stuff so easily and he kills far less people and a few mothers do not lose their children.

If my child was one of those slaughtered I'd be pretty disgusted with your selfish attitudes.
oh the children... Yes the tried and true ultimate emotional response.

Demonize 1 class of people.
Place another upon a fragile pedestal.

My kid(s) get slaughtered at school I'm not going after the firearm manufacturer, the accessory manufacturer, nor the ammo manufacturer. I'm going after the school for not allowing the teachers access to the tools of defense.
At an event like that, I'd be asking why the delay in response time, not go after the police department or hotel in vain of my tragedy. Nor the manufacturer of firearms accessories or ammo. I would only ask for more funding for the police to be trained to thwart such a threat quicker, that whole, ya know, militarization of the police thing...

I know, harsh right. To be hit in the feels...

Let me put it to ya this way. There's laws against drinking and driving. In one night following highschool graduation ceremony... 4 of my friends were killed.
With all of the training wheels feel good preventative safety devices in that car they were in, nothing prevented that wasted fool from getting behind the wheel chit faced drunk. Even laws going as far as holding the individual bar and bar tender legally liable for allowing someone that wasted to drive intoxicated...

Be asked by the parents of 2 of my friends to go identify the bodies (it was that bad)
Did I jump up on my soap box and demand a significant tax, a revision made to law, mandatory breathalyzer devices installed by auto manufacturers, or demand forfeiture of private modes of transportation to curb DWI? No, not at all.
Why punish the general populace for that a holes actions? It's not going to bring them back number 1, number 2 that'd be mighty selfish for me, someone you don't even know to find a lobbyist to pee in a Congressmans ear to push legislation, and find a manufacturer or developer looking to make a quick buck to either develop for profit, a breathalyzer device to sell to the auto manufacturers, or go one further and find a developer for ultra safe public transportation trolleys buses and other vehicles to take place of our private owned vehicles.

That's where folks like you absolutely can not stand folks like me. Folks like me don't succumb to irrational irrelevant emotion, nor see tragedy for opportunity.

Take that as you may. I for one am not willing to live in your idea of utopia.
I assess risk and plan accordingly. I don't want an adult in the room to hold my hand. I don't want to rely on someone else to solve my problems for me. Nor do I want tragedy to influence law and regulation. For anything.

Live and let live, and allow the right of defense to the citizens, not punish them and be told they face prosecution for defending property, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Nor restrict their access to tools of defense.

You can live in fear, you can live in anger. That's your choice.
But of course. Prepares for the whole discredit to follow suit "bravado" and high five feeble attempts at mockery. You only prove my point for me and to others that your arguments are feeble at best, and the ultimate end goal is a safe space rainbows unicorns training wheels bubble boy society. Weak. Controlled by irrelevant emotion.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
So if someone disagrees with you and your position your solution is they should leave the country? WTF is wrong with you? The poster was just giving an example of what works in other countries. This sort of thing does not happen nearly this often in virtually every other country in the world. That's kind of a fact.

Thus shooter by all accounts was also a law abiding citizen just as you are. He certainly would have passed the background check. So clearly the existing laws don't work and the obvious solution is to not allow such equipment to be purchases so easily.
Because I don't want America to become Japan, Australia or Venezuela...
If others do, they may go there. I'm not going to stop them. I'd help them.

The obvious solution isn't banning regulating etc.

Because if you really want to go down that road, name any other constitutionally protected right that requires a 4473 a back ground check limits on what is legal, what is deemed a felony what isnt what other rights were swayed in vain of tragedy...

Apply all of the firearm legislation to say the 1st, the 3rd the 4th the 5th the 8th so on so forth.

That's WTF is wrong with me...

Old 10-18-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
oh the children... Yes the tried and true ultimate emotional response.

Demonize 1 class of people.
Place another upon a fragile pedestal.

My kid(s) get slaughtered at school I'm not going after the firearm manufacturer, the accessory manufacturer, nor the ammo manufacturer. I'm going after the school for not allowing the teachers access to the tools of defense.
At an event like that, I'd be asking why the delay in response time, not go after the police department or hotel in vain of my tragedy. Nor the manufacturer of firearms accessories or ammo. I would only ask for more funding for the police to be trained to thwart such a threat quicker, that whole, ya know, militarization of the police thing...

I know, harsh right. To be hit in the feels...

Let me put it to ya this way. There's laws against drinking and driving. In one night following highschool graduation ceremony... 4 of my friends were killed.
With all of the training wheels feel good preventative safety devices in that car they were in, nothing prevented that wasted fool from getting behind the wheel chit faced drunk. Even laws going as far as holding the individual bar and bar tender legally liable for allowing someone that wasted to drive intoxicated...

Be asked by the parents of 2 of my friends to go identify the bodies (it was that bad)
Did I jump up on my soap box and demand a significant tax, a revision made to law, mandatory breathalyzer devices installed by auto manufacturers, or demand forfeiture of private modes of transportation to curb DWI? No, not at all.
Why punish the general populace for that a holes actions? It's not going to bring them back number 1, number 2 that'd be mighty selfish for me, someone you don't even know to find a lobbyist to pee in a Congressmans ear to push legislation, and find a manufacturer or developer looking to make a quick buck to either develop for profit, a breathalyzer device to sell to the auto manufacturers, or go one further and find a developer for ultra safe public transportation trolleys buses and other vehicles to take place of our private owned vehicles.

That's where folks like you absolutely can not stand folks like me. Folks like me don't succumb to irrational irrelevant emotion, nor see tragedy for opportunity.

Take that as you may. I for one am not willing to live in your idea of utopia.
I assess risk and plan accordingly. I don't want an adult in the room to hold my hand. I don't want to rely on someone else to solve my problems for me. Nor do I want tragedy to influence law and regulation. For anything.

Live and let live, and allow the right of defense to the citizens, not punish them and be told they face prosecution for defending property, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Nor restrict their access to tools of defense.

You can live in fear, you can live in anger. That's your choice.
But of course. Prepares for the whole discredit to follow suit "bravado" and high five feeble attempts at mockery. You only prove my point for me and to others that your arguments are feeble at best, and the ultimate end goal is a safe space rainbows unicorns training wheels bubble boy society. Weak. Controlled by irrelevant emotion.

I can't stand people like you for a number or reasons.

1. You constantly post 10+ paragraph posts, nobody reads 10 paragraph posts including me and you were talking to me. I scan and get the gist, then I respond

2. You are being selfish. Nobody is "punishing" you. We are simply asking that we all do our part to make the world a safer place. That would include dealing with airport security and not fighting the idea that we should not allow law abiding citizen such as this idiot to purchase this stuff so easily. You are obviously not willing to do that. You are fine allowing people to die to protect your rights. You are selfish.

3. You are very quick to drop insults, even suggesting one poster leave the country for simply having another opion than your own.

4. You ignore others, including my point that teachers have overwhelmingly rejected the idea of carrying weapons. Yet you continue to hammer away at that point regardless of the facts as if you know what the teachers want. You do not, get that through your head..

Old 10-18-2017, 11:56 AM

To summarize Dave, we want the same things. Just different methods on how to achieve them...

I want senseless sadistic cruel vile tragedies from continuing. I do.

That's why I since 15 years ago in my first lock down drill in highschool, demanded and asked why not allow the teachers to carry concealed to protect us from an evil doer. Back when these events were suspected of being carried out by terrorists following 9/11.
That's why I'm for the "militarization" and better training of the police forces. So they may be able to respond quicker and act quicker.
That's why I'm pro 2A and believe you me and everyone else in this great nation may be independent in their decision to seek out their subjective best way of defense as they see fit, be it from criminals or tyrants.
I'm not judgemental. Everyone has a right to bear and keep whatever they want providing they are not a felon or known psycho.

30 years I've been alive, all I've ever heard is why this that and the other is bad for you, and you can't be trusted by political partisan hacks and celebrity elite who want to dictate life like lords to rest of the serfs. The hypocrites who live in well groomed gated houses and hired security staff armed with the very implements which they seek to restrict.

Nothing more nothing less Dave... and anyone else who buys into the whole Japan Australia etc nonsesne.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I can't stand people like you for a number or reasons.

1. You constantly post 10+ paragraph posts, nobody reads 10 paragraph posts including me and you were talking to me. I scan and get the gist, then I respond

2. You are being selfish. Nobody is "punishing" you. We are simply asking that we all do our part to make the world a safer place. That would include not fighting the idea that we should not allow law abiding citizen such as this idiot to purchase this stuff so easily. You are obviously not willing to do that. You are fine allowing people to die to protect your rights. You are selfish.

3. You are very quick to drop insults, even suggesting one poster leave the country for simply having another opion than your own.

4. You ignore others, including my point that teachers have overwhelmingly rejected the idea of carrying weapons. Yet you continue to hammer away at that point regardless of the facts as if you know what the teachers want. You do not, get that through your head..
1. On the contrary, many Rep points and positive responses were left by those who've read what I have written. So much for that argument or point.

2. We could be childish and declare who is selfish. Restricting limiting revising legislating is selfish.

3. Insults or harsh truth. Harsh truth for 1000 Alex!

4. I've ignored others? No. I've addressed their arguments. And with logic and fact dismissed their claims/beliefs. If teachers want to remain unarmed they really do not want to do anything to prevent further tragedy plain and simple. They're complacent with the idea that a person sporting a badge is the only tried and true way to thwart evil. Fine, don't cry. Don't get upset. Don't stand on the soap box at a press conference weeping for losses and stating tougher restrictions and laws need to be passed in vain of tragedy.

Their approach, if they are really against being armed to defend innocent children from evil, is the same as that of a person with stage 4 lung cancer, sucking down 3 packs a day crying there could have been more done by government to prevent this from happening.

It's the harsh truth of it.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
1. On the contrary, many Rep points and positive responses were left by those who've read what I have written. So much for that argument or point.

2. We could be childish and declare who is selfish. Restricting limiting revising legislating is selfish.

3. Insults or harsh truth. Harsh truth for 1000 Alex!

4. I've ignored others? No. I've addressed their arguments. And with logic and fact dismissed their claims/beliefs. If teachers want to remain unarmed they really do not want to do anything to prevent further tragedy plain and simple. They're complacent with the idea that a person sporting a badge is the only tried and true way to thwart evil. Fine, don't cry. Don't get upset. Don't stand on the soap box at a press conference weeping for losses and stating tougher restrictions and laws need to be passed in vain of tragedy.

Their approach, if they are really against being armed to defend innocent children from evil, is the same as that of a person with stage 4 lung cancer, sucking down 3 packs a day crying there could have been more done by government to prevent this from happening.

It's the harsh truth of it.
Is that how we are keeping score to determine who is right? By the number of reps? Well I have been receiving them as well for what it's worth. We both understand there are many gun owners as dug in as you are, their reps hardly mean you are right. Stop acting like a child. Those who read the entire post agree with you, to those of us who don't it was run on blabber.

You have ignored my point that teachers have overwhelmingly said they do not want to carry weapons. You have ignored me and have ignored the teacher's own wishes as you claim you know what's best for them. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Obviously not.

With regard to your previous post I have no idea why you said you were pro 2 A. I have no idea why you needed to state this. Get this through your head: NOBODY IS THREATENING THE 2nd AMMENDMENT. The right to bear arms and protect yourself does not require bump stocks. The right to bear arms does not mean we should not allow those on the terrorist watch list to walk into a gun shop and purchase a killing machine. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Old 10-18-2017, 12:19 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Again, does anyone think this kook wouldn't have done this shooting if he couldn't legally purchase a firearm?

Absolutely. It would have just cost him more to get armed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies