Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 04:48 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Liberalism: Ideas so popular they need to be made mandatory. No thanks.
I can see the May Day parades, the soviet national anthem playing and those who disagree are hauled off. Thier vision of America is treasonous. They do. It understand they are destroying our constitutional republic, and when we finally get tired of it and rebel against it the nation will be damaged for decades. The left is Americas greatest of threat, if our nation falls those people will be the architects of the fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 05:14 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Immediately the First and Second Amendments would be gone as well as the electoral college. Likely the Supreme Court would be revamped and possibly our entire court system. Significant restrictions would be placed on who can run for President, if we would even have elections any more. Whites would be paying significantly more in taxes than other races, forfeitures of homes, property would likely take place for some kind of reparations perceived to be necessary. And then ultimately, the Constitution would be done completely away with so the UN could dictate how our nation would be run.

Just take everything Hillary Clinton and the DNC did, said or alluded to on the campaign trail and there you have it.

PS - Planned Parenthood would likely have a significant role in the government, possibly globally, again, based on comments made by the CEO, Clinton and the DNC throughout the campaign and before. We'd see abortions well into the third trimester.

And one more - can't believe I forgot this one: borders would be wide open if existent at all. Citizenship would be loosely defined. White and blacks would be struggling to find a job. Rape would almost become acceptable due to the "culture" of other countries. Again, these are things happening now around the world, advocated by the DNC and/or Clinton by their words or actions.

And the White House would be monetized.

And the government would be dictating our medical care.

Last edited by carolac; 10-04-2017 at 05:38 PM..

Old 10-04-2017, 06:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You would have to work just as hard if not harder without taxes, because user fees and tolls would be the new taxes, and since they would be regressive, it would cost you more money unless you're wealthy
You can't say that. You don't know what the fees would be.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:04 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You can't say that. You don't know what the fees would be.
Point is with a user fee or toll, everyone gets charged the exact same dollar amount, which is regressive, as it is a smaller percentage of your income the more you earn, rather than the same percentage (flat) or more (progressive)

Old 10-04-2017, 06:05 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Immediately the First and Second Amendments would be gone as well as the electoral college. Likely the Supreme Court would be revamped and possibly our entire court system. Significant restrictions would be placed on who can run for President, if we would even have elections any more. Whites would be paying significantly more in taxes than other races, forfeitures of homes, property would likely take place for some kind of reparations perceived to be necessary. And then ultimately, the Constitution would be done completely away with so the UN could dictate how our nation would be run.

Just take everything Hillary Clinton and the DNC did, said or alluded to on the campaign trail and there you have it.

PS - Planned Parenthood would likely have a significant role in the government, possibly globally, again, based on comments made by the CEO, Clinton and the DNC throughout the campaign and before. We'd see abortions well into the third trimester.

And one more - can't believe I forgot this one: borders would be wide open if existent at all. Citizenship would be loosely defined. White and blacks would be struggling to find a job. Rape would almost become acceptable due to the "culture" of other countries. Again, these are things happening now around the world, advocated by the DNC and/or Clinton by their words or actions.

And the White House would be monetized.

And the government would be dictating our medical care.
Welcome to my ignore list 👎

I don't know where you guys get this stuff

Old 10-04-2017, 06:08 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Like the title says "How would liberalism hurt you"? Why do you despise it so much? What would be the cost to your quality of life....if any? If it does not and will not hurt you....why are you so against it?
Maybe they're terrified that they'd have to treat women and black people fairly?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So lets say you get severely disabled, and have two kids to feed, and your wife died of cancer. Would you hate it if there was a good public safety net for you and your family?

Are you simply trying to play the sympathy card? There's a difference between this and most social programs, but you don't want to talk about those - which seem to be the only ones the rest of us are talking about.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This obsession with "fair" is what makes liberalism a juvenile ideology. It's the application of arguments 5 year olds make to adult society. There is absolutely no objective basis for what is fair aside from what each individual wants for themselves.

At least conservatism has a basis in traditions and accumulated knowledge. Obviously, things have to change, but with conservatism there is a basis from which to guide society. Liberalism is based on a lot of whining about this not being fair for him and that not being fair for her.

It reminds me of when my kids were small. The older one would spend a few hours doing extra chores that I'd pay him for and the younger one wasn't interested, preferring instead to go outside to play. Then when he'd see his brother with a few bucks he'd come racing into the house with, "NO FAIR!!! Why does he get money when I didn't?" I'd just smile and say, "You opted out, Chief!"

And again, I have to ask - why don't the libs ever talk about the unfairness of bringing a baby into the world when the mother cannot even feed herself?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:34 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
We get this stuff from your own leaders. I know--sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Welcome to my ignore list 👎

I don't know where you guys get this stuff

Old 10-04-2017, 06:36 PM

341 posts, read 302,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Maybe they're terrified that they'd have to treat women and black people fairly?
Because those are the only people in the history of the world that ever get unfairly treated.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies