Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 05:27 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Well... if you want a nighthawk or a Les Baer there's 5k.

10k for a rifle gets you a Barret 50...
I think he's trying to say that once the supply starts getting choked off for real, prices will soar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 05:36 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I put forth a proposal that would definitely help lower gun violence in a now buried thread.

No more plea bargains for gun crimes ( DA has no choice), maximum sentence with no chance for parole (a judge could add to it but cannot lower it)
Caught stealing a gun, or caught with a stolen gun, illegally modified gun, felon with a gun, concealed carry without a permit, etc.... Your going to trial and getting the full sentence with no parole.

I put this out there and the anti-gun liberals scattered to the four winds, I guess the thought of actually punishing criminals scared them off...

I wonder why.

RR
I'd be okay with that as long as any and all violent crimes are included whether a weapon was used or not. I'd even go farther to include burglaries, vehicle thefts, drug dealing, DUI's, extortion, identity theft, and rip-off scams.

Mere possession of controlled substances would require mandatory time at a structured re-hab facility.

That would really make their heads explode.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:43 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Even the Russian leaders agree that without the US they would have lost the war. Without the US, Britain would have lost the war very quickly.

You can interpret the word "saved" however you want. But if the US had not entered the war, Hitler would have been successful in taking over the UK and Russia.

BTW, 65% of our Lend-Lease supplies went to Britain. Without that, they would have been overrun quite soon.
Nope, the numbers (easy to look up) don't support your argument. lend-lease accounted for a small percentage of the total equipment. More importantly almost nothing was delivered in the critical 41-42. The bulk of the weapons arrived after the war was decided. The scales of the Eastern and Western front are completely incomparable, again just look at the numbers.

Again, they would've won regardless. The reasons - first, they (correctly) believed that were facing basically extermination, so they were going to fight to the last person. Second, they managed to relatively quickly move the factories deep into the country (the size did matter).

Old 10-04-2017, 05:44 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
A ban can't work. There aren't enough federal cops to do it.
Hire more. Do it for the children.
Quote:
State and local law enforcement in most states wouldn't do it and many would actively try to thwart the fed police.
Naah, they only do that on immigration law.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:45 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
More gun laws just make politicians look as if they care.
That’s exactly right and let’s say a Democrats in Congress propose

Any rifle with the caliber .223 or larger, with the ability to carry 10 or more rounds, and is semi automatic, would be limited to 10 purchases a year. Who’s life exactly would that destroy?

It would get shot down by Republicans, and it seems someone actually cares about the right to live. Ez pz.

Let this fester like healthcare did for years and we got Obamacare, I don’t want the same thing happening to gun control.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:50 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
"Saved" implies being in a helpless state. Also taking the credit for winning the war comes across as an insult to the many people across Europe who made great sacrifices during the war. It was very much a group effort and should thought of that way. That said this thread is about our countries cancerous relationship with guns not the history of WW2.
Yes, that is often not understood here. Soviet Union lost close to 30 million, around 14% of the total population. Less known, but equally terrible, Yugoslavia, Greece lost probably around 10% of their respective populations. Even more for Poland.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:09 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I'd be okay with that as long as any and all violent crimes are included whether a weapon was used or not. I'd even go farther to include burglaries, vehicle thefts, drug dealing, DUI's, extortion, identity theft, and rip-off scams.

Mere possession of controlled substances would require mandatory time at a structured re-hab facility.

That would really make their heads explode.
It doesn't matter, My proposal is like kryptonite to liberal's every time I bring it up they scatter like roaches in the light.
It just proves that stopping gun violence in not what they really want, disarming the right is there real goal.

RR

Old 10-04-2017, 06:22 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
It doesn't matter, My proposal is like kryptonite to liberal's every time I bring it up they scatter like roaches in the light.
It just proves that stopping gun violence in not what they really want, disarming the right is there real goal.

RR
I didn't get so much as 1 response to this...

Quote:
I'll propose this.

I'll go for a psyche evaluation when my concealed carry permit is up for renewal.
I'll submit finger prints.
I'll submit blood.
I'll submit hair.
I will submit proof of proper storage.

In exchange
No limitations on magazine capacity
No limitations on ammo purchases, caliber, type, and quantity.
Suppressors deregulated to being no different than a sling, bipod, scope or other firearm accessory.
Machine guns whether belt or magazine fed open to be as available as a regular pistol rifle or shotgun. No NFA stamp. No ridiculous wait times...

I'm not budging an inch because anti gunners take more than a mile. I will not be punished for the actions of 1 or few. If I'm to be subjected to psychological analysis at my expense and verified to be safe and sound with no intent to purposely carry out ill will on fellow human beings, then it is fair to expect something in exchange.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:39 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I didn't get so much as 1 response to this...
Good slave

Old 10-04-2017, 06:51 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Good slave
Hey they want psych evaluations. I want unrestricted access... fair compromise...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies