Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 07:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hahahahahaha

So odd how I have so many and they haven't committed any crimes. Except for whackin some game.
I have never seen a gun jump out of it's safe, load itself, find it's way to a hotel and begin firing on a crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 07:55 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Can't prevent, can only make less severe.
As the song says,
"God is great, beer is good, people are crazy."
Maybe, perhaps, could, might, possibly, all crystal ball stuff. Nothing measurable.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Here is where I draw the line on guns. (and I have guns). I can see having a pistol, shotgun, or rifle, but I can not see any reason whatsoever for anyone, outside law enforcement or military, to have assault weapons.

That POS in Vegas had an arsenal that no civilian needs or should have access to. Those guns are made to one thing only, spray as many people with bullets in the shortest amount of time possible. And then we allow them to buy those stupid bump stocks !

Old 10-05-2017, 07:56 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,171 times
Hypothetically speaking, what if Congress our right bans all firearms and enforced it with vigor, door to door confiscations of known firearm owners, death penalty for owning a firearm, awards for people to snitch on secret firearm owners, diverting the military from oversees into the USA, etc.

Could be possible then? obviously the black market will always exist

Old 10-05-2017, 07:57 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Yes, in Paul's letters to the Corinthians he did say, that everyone should be strapped because neighbors are dangerous and you always need to be suspicious of them.
Actually what Paul said was "beware the liberal, as they reach to steal your wallet with one hand, they will call you greedy and hide their own wallet with their other hand."

Old 10-05-2017, 07:57 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Hypothetically speaking, what if Congress our right bans all firearms and enforced it with vigor, door to door confiscations of known firearm owners, death penalty for owning a firearm, awards for people to snitch on secret firearm owners, diverting the military from oversees into the USA, etc.

That's called a civil war. Which side do you want to be on?

Old 10-05-2017, 07:59 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post

Well, for one thing, it would take eighty-two years.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:59 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
You can make a gun with a 3D printer. What's the point of "gun control?"

Old 10-05-2017, 08:00 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,357 times
I see know reason why civilians would need BUMP STOCKS to upgrade their guns to shoot at such a crazy speed.. So those should be banned, I believe. Even hunters should hone their craft so that they can shoot without blazing animals!

Stricter laws regarding selling guns including red flags for anyone who has purchased more than say 5 guns in a years period. Maybe those people should at least be screened to make sure they are legit and not crazy.

Anyone with a gun license should be subject to mandatory mental evaluation every few years... If the gun owner is on any mind altering medications they should be watched carefully or license revoked.

Just some ideas.. Maybe some of them are already laws, I have no idea. I admit that I know very little about guns or gun laws. Never owned one and never plan to. That said, I do not believe that all guns should be illegal. As long as we can tighten up the laws to at least avoid crazy people from stockpiling 30 guns and legally buying "add ons" that turn the legal weapons into mass killing machines.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:00 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Most if the western world have already enacted gun controls that have helped curb gun massacres.
Like what? I'd like to know what laws would prevent this! And what does curb mean? Less than 20 dead, less than 10?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies