Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 04:47 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not the same thing at all.

Legal immigrants aren't a problem. Steal one and it's kidnapping You can tackle illegal immigration separately.

Legal gun owners for the most part are fine....it's the fact that they own something a criminal wants and gets, that is the problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...firearm-survey

That's a lot of guns over the years.

600.000 guns (and quite a bit stolen at dealer level) over 300+ million of firearms estimated...that is....zero point what percent???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 04:47 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
You'll never get anywhere with the gun control issue becuse everyone will find a Morton's Fork or a hypothetical or a devils advocate argument to counter, no matter how plausible the scenario may be. And forget trying to find a middle ground since apparently any gun control is bad to some of these guys.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Wrong, it is the guns.

Why would a private citizen need 10 or more weapons of war?

Are they going to war and who are they going to war against?

The answer is yes and they're going to war against us, everyday people going about our business and living their lives.

Until, someone like the Las Vegas shooter decides to end the lives of dozens and wound hundreds.

He injured DOZENS and wounded HUNDREDS.

That is an act of war committed by one individuals and we, as a nation, have given him and everyone else the tools to do the same thing, whether they are crazy, criminal, or both.

But people like you feel "this is the price of a free society".

BULL****!!!!!

The is the price that is paid by our society to indulge the paranoid fear of those who that "the gov'mint is going to come and take yer guns!!!".

So, the delusional fear of an unfounded concern of a few has created a very real and profound danger for the rest of us.

For the record, I am not anti-gun but I am anti-weapons of war in the hands of those who are not on-duty law enforcement or active-duty military.

Let's see how many of my fellow gun owners are reasonable and understand where I'm coming from.
You are unreasonable. And I sell full auto weapons.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:50 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
You'll never get anywhere with the gun control issue becuse everyone will find a Morton's Fork or a hypothetical or a devils advocate argument to counter, no matter how plausible the scenario may be. And forget trying to find a middle ground since apparently any gun control is bad to some of these guys.
Gun control works great in Chicago, eh?

Old 10-02-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I'll give you target shooting, but guns that are used to kill are a problem. If they were only used for target shooting we wouldn't be having this conversation.

What kind of reasoning is that?? Any tool can be used for killing....

168 dead, 700 injured, one person did it, no one shot fired.....let's ban fertilizers...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:51 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
To me it sounds like you're imagining things when you allege liberals " support the removal of any sort of moral framework from society "
To me it sounds like you haven't been paying attention while progressives have systematically fought for the removal of any sort of reference to morality in public spaces.

Are you next going to argue that liberals don't support BLM? Or that they don't engage in identity politics?

Old 10-02-2017, 04:53 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I always have a good one to trip the antis....

Current highest speed limit is about 70-75 MPH on the freeway....there is no need to own a supercar and they can be very dangerous on the road driven at high speed...let's ban them unless you take them with a trailer at a race track.....or you have to demonstrate that you really need a truck in order to own one becauase you can kill a lot of people with one

Crickets usually follows....
Take your car analogy and apply it worldwide. Compare excessive speed deaths done purposefully to kill, and compare it to gun deaths in countries with strict gun control.

Now which country seems to have the biggest issue with guns?

Granted nut jobs kill with vehicles, but getting rid of vehicles would stop modern day life. Getting rid of guns, will not.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post

We have already gun control.....is called NICS and as a firearm collector I do support a federally mandated streamlined background checks for private sales...that's it...after that leave me alone.

You cannot prevent evil.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:54 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You mean the rest of world we save twice with our guns? Somehow they have the moral high ground to lecture us on how to live our life?
Oh yeah; on this one we do have the moral high ground. There can be no doubt of that. All the deaths with more to come is proof positive.

You are grossly mistaken with your assumption. I was not attempting to "lecture" in any way shape or form. I'm of the camp that believes strongly in that horse left the barn decades ago. You've got no choice at this point but to ride this bull for the full eight count. Like it or not.

I was expressing chagrin for your conundrum.

And you did not save the world by yourselves and you most certainly didn't do it twice. Get over yourself.

Last edited by BruSan; 10-02-2017 at 05:28 PM..

Old 10-02-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Granted nut jobs kill with vehicles, but getting rid of vehicles would stop modern day life. Getting rid of guns, will not.
I do not want to get rid of vehicles in my scenario but there is no need for a Porsche on public roads...is it??

High speed driving kills a lot of people.....in Italy we used the terms "The Saturday night massacres".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies