Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 07:38 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Ban it now? No, we are too far gone. Ban it when it might have helped decades ago? Sure. I couldnt really care less if a few kids have to shoot a bolt action 22 instead of a "cool" semi auto one. Kids, big and small, getting off on the "coolness" of a semi is part of the problem.

But like I said, we are too far down the road now. Gun owners wanting the "cool" guns have accepted innocent deaths as an acceptable price to pay for their fun. And this is not just a flaming statement by me, I have had this admitted to me by them in a political forum like this. Flat out admitted after Sandy Hook, when my question was " are the deaths of these kids and future mass killings worth it for you to be able to own semi autos ?" . Answer, yes.
It isn't about being cool, nor "coolness". Semi autos offer advantages in hunting, target shooting, and self defense, especially today when you may face MULTIPLE assailants in your home. Criminals are cowards and are now often working in packs, and gangs. Car-jackings, home invasions, and other violent crime is merciless. A semi auto can even the odds, or at least give you a chance. Why should I have to change my hand positions, change my aim, and take more time working a bolt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 07:38 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
In your mind this analogy probably makes sense. And is why I really don't waste time trying to reason with such mindsets.

Pools aren't designed to kill kids, and steps are taken to prevent accidents from happening. But this logic will no doubt go in one ear and out the other with little in the way of rational thought to impede its travel.
That’s a pretty interesting observation. Something not designed to kill somehow kills more children than something designed to kill.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:39 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
In your mind this analogy probably makes sense. And is why I really don't waste time trying to reason with such mindsets.

Pools aren't designed to kill kids, and steps are taken to prevent accidents from happening. But this logic will no doubt go in one ear and out the other with little in the way of rational thought to impede its travel.
Pools aren't needed.

We could eliminate thousands of children dying. I guess you only care for children when the dead bodies suit your purpose.

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Don't we accept children dying by allowing swimming pools?

That would be a yes.
However, there is no swimming pool that I know of with it's principle designed intention to kill children. Nor has there ever likely been the purchase of any swimming pool with the intent it should have the capacity to inflict harm or death upon another sentient being, whether for the purpose of self protection or hunting.

This is fun.

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1 View Post
it isn't about being cool, nor "coolness". Semi autos offer advantages in hunting, target shooting, and self defense, especially today when you may face multiple assailants in your home. Criminals are cowards and are now often working in packs, and gangs. Car-jackings, home invasions, and other violent crime is merciless. A semi auto can even the odds, or at least give you a chance. Why should i have to change my hand positions, change my aim, and take more time working a bolt?

lol.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:40 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
He is issued it with the intent for which the original term "Militia" was coined. Any invading force would have to deal with a militia instantly able to respond with a firearm at the ready. This practice has served them well for at least a century or more.
No disagreement there.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:41 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
lol.
Great response. Of course you have nothing to offer.

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
How about alcohol? Who can tell me any legitimate use of alcoholic beverages? It’s kills far more than guns literally.

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Pools aren't needed.

We could eliminate thousands of children dying. I guess you only care for children when the dead bodies suit your purpose.

That you will equate the accident deaths of kids with the mass shootings of people to defend the right to own a semi says all that needs said about the gun nut mindset.

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
However, there is no swimming pool that I know of with it's principle designed intention to kill children. Nor has there ever likely been the purchase of any swimming pool with the intent it should have the capacity to inflict harm or death upon another sentient being, whether for the purpose of self protection or hunting.

This is fun.
So, if someone makes a product that isn't designed to kill children but results in the death of thousands, you are not too concerned about it?

Those little bodies only have meaning when there is a bullet in them I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies