Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 06:01 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,481,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I don't dislike ARs. If I had to bust into a hostile room I would want a fully automatic AR. But Paddock, Mateen and Johnson show me why they may not be good things to have widely around. And Paddock apparently had some with 100 round magazines. Got off something like 2000 shots in something like 10 minutes.

And even a very good rifleman would not have approached that death toll with an M1.
LOL Fully automatic AR
ARs are not fully automatic...

You really sure about that with an M1?
A full powered rifle cartridge?

Has the cheese slid off of your cracker?
A 30-06 with strict M2 ball ammo would punch through 3-4 bodies like a knife through butter! It would have been FAR worse...

8 rounds pling

2 bodies per round.

runs 5 Enbloc clips through it... You have 80 bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So, you admit that outlawing the AR15 would merely lead to people finding another firearm to take its place. Yet, you still want to ban it because banning it would keep people from using it for illegal purposes.

Do you read what you type or do you just randomly fill in words?
And when the next weapon is abused... He would be screeching REEEEEEEEEEEEEE for that one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 07:27 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,283,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I've bout said my piece in regards to the plethora of jobs the AR does and does well. I asked for some solid factual backing of the absolute statement made as to the rifle being just a bullet hose, provided concrete facts to back it all up and all we've seen is more speaking in absolutes based on propaganda.

As things are the AR is pretty much the 21st century version of the Kentucky/Pennsylvania long rifle. Old Betsy with a space age look. Mine goes with me in the truck whenever I head to the back 40 and I have been known to pack it horseback too. It's light weight, accurate and can pack as much or as little punch as I may need for any given task.

It's a breeze to maintain and repair and the modular design lends itself very well to custom touches. Yepper, the AR is as American as Cheeseburgers and onion rings.
Your post is an outright lie. I have never suggested that the AR15 is "only" a bullet fire hose. I have agreed it has m any other uses. But it still is usable as a bullet hose. And that is the problem. And virtually all its other usages have other alternatives.

You can of course continue to obfuscate and duck. But it will remain that the really interesting use of the AR15 is to kill a lot of people quick. And if you need facts check out Paddock, Johnson and Mateen.

And yes you can kill a lot of people quick with as truck. So we are instslling bollasrds along the strip. Tell me how you install bollards against an AR15.

And think about how bad Paddock could have been. Had he not panicked and shot himself he could likely have gotten another 100 people or more. He had the position and the resources...

Old 01-27-2018, 07:29 PM

19,709 posts, read 10,051,883 times
Quote:
Your post is an outright lie. I have never suggested that the AR15 is "only" a bullet fire hose. I have agreed it has m any other uses. But it still is usable as a bullet hose. And that is the problem. And virtually all its other usages have other alternatives.

You can of course continue to obfuscate and duck. But it will remain that the really interesting use of the AR15 is to kill a lot of people quick. And if you need facts check out Paddock, Johnson and Mateen.

And yes you can kill a lot of people quick with as truck. So we are instslling bollasrds along the strip. Tell me how you install bollards against an AR15.

And think about how bad Paddock could have been. Had he not panicked and shot himself he could likely have gotten another 100 people or more. He had the position and the resources...
And he could have done the exact same thing with many other rifle types.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And he could have done the exact same thing with many other rifle types.
Post is pure bovine excrement.

But list those things that can auto fire at an equivalent rates and have 100 round magazines. Sensible thing would be to ban them as well.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:50 PM

19,709 posts, read 10,051,883 times
Quote:
Post is pure bovine excrement.

But list those things that can auto fire at an equivalent rates and have 100 round magazines. Sensible thing would be to ban them as well.
The AR does not auto fire.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:55 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,320,009 times
USA does not have a gun problem...

It has another problem...

I let stats speak for themselves..

</lesson over>

Old 01-27-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The AR does not auto fire.
Nonsense. What on earth do you think a bump stock does. It may auto fire slowly..but it auto fires.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post

</lesson over>
And there is a special Black systems to acquire guns?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:35 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,353,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post

</lesson over>
Okay then. What do you propose we do about it? I'm not saying the statistics are lies. However, you brought them up for a reason. If to you race is the problem, what is your solution?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:44 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,353,210 times
Quote:
And there is a special Black systems to acquire guns?
I don't think so. Strange thing is, where alot of murders take place, some of the strictest gun laws are in place. Baltimore, Newark, Oakland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies