Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 07:54 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailyM View Post
Yes, guns are a problem. But not the only problem. I have noticed that the American society is more violent than the rest of western countries.
Iĺl tell you. Gangs. South America has the same problem. A lot of liberal-minded people want MJ legal to prevent gang activity yet they want to outlaw guns? You couldn't do a better job of handing gang leaders another form of revenue. Here Mr. Gang leader, you can now black market tons of weapons.

We can't seem to get rid of the most violent aspect of our society as of today. The police are being restricted even more than they were yesterday and now you want to hand them another means to make more money. Sure, go ahead, make guns illegal. While you're at it please leave instructions for how weĺl deal with the black market sales. If you have any doubts please go research Brazil and Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 07:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Always with the visceral reactions from the knee-jerk liberals. You do realize the average person is far more likely to be killed in a car crash than mass shooting? Where have you ever seen a silent firearm outside of a Hollywood movie? (Hint they don't exist). JHPs are hardly armor piercing bullets, they expand in their target so they don't exit and hit an innocent bystander, but don't let reality get in the way. The shooter used high-powered military grade weapons that are very costly and difficult to acquire, if they're even legal in a particular jurisdiction (in many they aren't). They weren't the type of weapons that a person can get at their local FFL or order from Gun Genie.
Where are you getting your information on the type of weapons he had, and the ammo used? They haven't released any of that information to my knowledge. I haven't heard of such information being put out.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:55 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
There we go with that bull**** again. If the reasoning is that some people might not follow the laws, then by rational extension let's not have ANY laws! Do whatever you want in traffic; people are going to run red lights, drive the wrong way and speed anyways. Try that out and see how many dead are on the highways. Just because you can't achieve a perfect 100% on any law doesn't mean they don't make a real difference..

Ahhh yes, the wild west leftist diversion...but continue....

Quote:
Uh huh...yeah, that's nice.
It's a diversion tactic. Period. Nobody needs your stats on this gun model vs that one to deal with the salient points of out-of-control gun violence..

Don't like the truth I see....just spew what you want, false or not....

Quote:
I don't like any of it. And it all has to do with out-of-control gun proliferation. And it doesn't make us safer.

Yep, you don't like any of it, but only complain when a shooting like LV happens...congrats...

Old 10-03-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
When the security details for Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi, Bloomberg, etc give up their guns, I will give up mine. Why are they ENTITLED to protection, and I am not?
Exactly. Our right to life includes our right to protect ourselves.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:57 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Assault Rifles are NOT available to the general public. Semi auto rifles that resemble them are.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:58 AM

10,522 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Look another that comes out only when something like LV happens.

Please, tell us what trump did to allow mentally ill people to have guns...go ahead......be very specific, I want to know exactly what you are talking about....

No dems are affiliated by the NRA?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mental-n727221

Old 10-03-2017, 07:58 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
When the security details for Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi, Bloomberg, etc give up their guns, I will give up mine. Why are they ENTITLED to protection, and I am not?
Maybe because you are not a public servant who has thousands of irrational, rabid haters directing their bile and death threats at you on a daily basis.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Maybe because you are not a public servant who has thousands of irrational, rabid haters directing their bile and death threats at you on a daily basis.
How do you know who I am, and what threats I face? Why should "public servants" be treated differently, and have special rights? I have a Natural Right as a human to defend myself with a firearm if I so choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No, we just have crazy Leftists directing their bile at us on a daily basis because of who we voted for, and what we believe. For that reason, we need protection just as much as the wacko politicians who want to take our rights away.

10,522 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
As other posters have already stated, NO gun law would have stopped this guy, and plus he was in a gun free zone, so not sure how that is going to be explained.

As far as assault rifles being available to the public, the founding fathers insisted that the people always have access to the same grade firepower as the govt, this was the best way to prevent tyranny, if the people ever needed to step in and take govt out of power, they would be capable of doing that.
Where did the founding fathers "insist that people always have access to the same grade firepower as the govt"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies