Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 10:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Liberty over security all day long. When we give up Liberty for security, we become subjects and slaves.
how about the liberty to go to a concert without being shot at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'd troll you hardcore...

I'd slap bricks together and get 20 others to do the same. After that.
Firecrackers.

Draw your attention elsewhere. Pay not attention to the man behind the curtain.
Slapping bricks together doesn't simulate a gunshot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So get some jack boots to kick down doors?
Why don't we just have surveillance on everyone? I mean even more than Obama implemented with his nationwide collection of our telephone conversations and data.

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Well if it was me, I'd put up gunshot detector sensors and use that as probable cause to search peoples' homes and cars in those areas where gunshots are occuring.

Okay, I think we might be making some progress. This isn't a bad idea at all. And it was tested in Detroit.

In a 15 month period over 8000 shots were recorded in a 3 sq mile area. Now you see where the majority of our issues are ? You will be busy, this is one city and a very small portion of it.

Shots heard every four hours in Detroit hotspot

Old 10-03-2017, 10:45 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is no answer for this that will appeal to everyone. The liberal Dems want to disarm law abiding gun owners yet they do very little to stop the everyday violence that is caused by criminals using illegal guns ?

The Reps are influenced by the gun lobby and the millions of voters that own guns responsibly.

The trouble is that time and again we have seen how the government has a good idea to help and then that idea gets twisted into something that does not work. The first time amnesty for illegal aliens was done they promised us that was the end of that and today we have a bigger problem then ever.

Gun owners question any gun legislature that comes from the Left because they know it will not work and if they give an inch in this battle the Left will take a mile.

Sadly millions of law abiding gun owners are being blamed for the actions of evil. I have no doubt that if Hillary had won the election that she would now be directing the Supreme Court to rewrite the Second Amendment. The day is coming in the US when what happened in Australia is forced on the millions of gun owners to turn in their firearms or face police and soldiers who will confiscate and arrest you.
Hillary wanted this and saw it as a solution and they call Trump a Nazi??
More than likely it would have been a pen EO that would have taken years to overturn in court.

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So your OK if only criminals have semi auto hand guns, and rifles? Are you OK with government having complete control over you?
He's probably also okay with government having all the guns and citizens having no way do defend against a despotic government.

When government has all the guns, it also has all the power.

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Ahh...the Las Vegas shooter was a law abiding citizen who owned 40 guns. What went wrong with that?
He's might be a liberal.

In fact, according to this story from vocativ.com, a lot of American gun owners are what would be described as liberal when it comes to issues besides gun control.
The story quotes Jae Seifert, a 28-year-old Minnesota native who lives in Colorado who is in favor of legalizing marijuana, physician-assisted euthanasia, and he’s pro-immigrant. He was an ardent Bernie Sanders supporter during the election, before reluctantly backing Hillary Clinton, the story says. Seifert is also a passionate gun owner and a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment.
“I think that in this country, because we have freedom, with that comes a certain acceptance of risk,” Seifert says in the story. “So if you’re going to be free, that also means I have freedom to do things that you may not like, which includes carrying a gun.”
Seifert also happens to own a gun shop called WZ Outfitters that just getting started.
The Liberal Gun Owners of America | Range365

Here: Two forms of liberal gun owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KqYDSwK5PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-FGGJe7Rt8

Trump supporter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGkXSB8KRI

Old 10-03-2017, 10:47 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He's probably also okay with government having all the guns and citizens having no way do defend against a despotic government.

When government has all the guns, it also has all the power.
I'd rather gov't have the power than some guy in the 32nd floor of a hotel

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Nope. Both rates were reduced. Significantly. I don't see a point in putting up links anymore, use google on your own.
Nope. You are entirely wrong. I did look it up. I gathered the stats. In the 25 years before the gun-grab, there were 3.96 deaths a year from mass killings. All but 15 were by shootings (those were arson deaths). In the 21 years after the gun grab, there were 4.19 deaths a year. 15 of those were by shootings, 36 by arson, and the remainder were stabbings, beatings and vehicular (none of which factored in before the gun grab).

After every mass killing, the gun-grabbers use the event to further their lies and agenda, often citing Australia as a success in reducing the number of deaths because they reduced the number of guns available. It's simply not true.

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
how about the liberty to go to a concert without being shot at.
Well.... without the second, obviously the first would be altered. Starting to sound like north korea. Where a concert is a 1 hour festival praising rocket man...

Boring.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:48 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Ever wonder about the rights of the 59 no longer alive?
I do wonder. And feel for their families. It was a senseless tragedy, carried out by a crazy man.

None of that changes the fact that we have rights which should not be taken from us, simply because some people are willing to perpetrate unspeakable acts against their fellow human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies