Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 03:37 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The grass is always greener on the OTHER side of the fence"!
No, the grass is always greener where the bodies are buried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 03:50 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Do any of you know anybody who has transitioned?
Yes I know people who transitioned. Several years after the fact they are happier than they have ever been. In one case I helped with the cost of the surgery as it was not covered. Having met a number of transgender individuals over the years I have never met one who regretted the decision.

One person I knew who didn't transition due to family pressure, ended up taking their own life because they couldn't live with the conflict and pain associated to non-acceptance. We tried to convince her to get the surgery, but family was so important it didn't happen. Tragic on many levels.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:06 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Yes I know people who transitioned. Several years after the fact they are happier than they have ever been. In one case I helped with the cost of the surgery as it was not covered. Having met a number of transgender individuals over the years I have never met one who regretted the decision.
You're an amazing person. I'm currently awaiting surgery, and despite a few minor setbacks, the five years since I began transition have been the happiest of my life. I can't wait for surgery.

Quote:
One person I knew who didn't transition due to family pressure, ended up taking their own life because they couldn't live with the conflict and pain associated to non-acceptance. We tried to convince her to get the surgery, but family was so important it didn't happen. Tragic on many levels.
Without the support of some incredibly loving friends, that easily could have been my story.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:21 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
In the US it is definitely not hard for a woman to get sterilized. Those with no children may be discouraged from doing it at a young age, but if the patient is persistent she can get it done.

From the article I linked earlier, the level of satisfaction for those who have used puberty blockers appears to be high.

Use of cross-gender hormones does not guarantee sterility, by the way, and 16 year olds should not be having surgery.
Well that's good that its not hard in the US.

So far - its still early days, use of puberty blockers for trans children is in its infancy and we don't know yet whether satisfaction will remain as they grow older. Its worth noting too that most (as in the vast majority) gender questioning/non-confirming children grow to identify with their natal sex after going through puberty - taking puberty blockers takes that chance away from them.

Its not 100% but its highly likely to cause sterility. 16 year olds aren't having surgery (yet) but they are starting the cross-sex hormones (and a charity in the UK for supporting transgender children advertised same-day cross-sex hormones for children younger than that, though they removed that advert after it was noticed by journalists)

Old 10-10-2017, 06:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Interview in The Telegraph with doctor from Belgrade who specializes in these surgeries.
The Telegraph interviewed Professor Miroslav Djordjevic in an article titled, “Sex change regret: Gender reversal surgery is on the rise, so why aren’t we talking about it?”
Looks like this liberal fad has run its course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies