U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2017, 06:29 PM
 
Location: The Grand Canyon State
5,198 posts, read 2,948,493 times
Reputation: 5028

Advertisements

CNN amuses me with their opinion news "powerful democrat Maxine Waters". How about we shut down a bank that employs 271k employees what an irresponsible thing to say when we are losing jobs to China all the time. I agree Wells Fargo actions were not good but how did it really hurt their customers? I doubt you can find one customer who lost millions because they opened up a few extra accounts. I would be upset with them and take my business to another bank. Shutting down the company is really extreme.

Top Democrat suggests Wells Fargo should be shut down entirely - Oct. 2, 2017
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Status: "50,000 posts within reach." (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
49,926 posts, read 39,822,250 times
Reputation: 30179
Wells Fargo is going to stay put. They'll be fine. Besides, it's my bank.

As for Mad Maxine, perhaps she needs to be sent off to China in exchange for our lost jobs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 06:53 PM
 
3,997 posts, read 1,932,799 times
Reputation: 2285
As a Dem I say this, Maxine Waters is a moron and has no place of finance committee.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
19,726 posts, read 13,126,120 times
Reputation: 41641
I've been with WF for probably 20 or more years. Never had one issue in all that time. Yeah, they did pull some stuff where employees felt they had to sell new features or lose their jobs, but that seems to have been taken care of.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 07:01 PM
 
4,020 posts, read 3,468,630 times
Reputation: 2933
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I agree Wells Fargo actions were not good but how did it really hurt their customers? I doubt you can find one customer who lost millions because they opened up a few extra accounts. I would be upset with them and take my business to another bank. Shutting down the company is really extreme.
The article says at least half a million Wells Fargo customers were fraudulently billed for services they never signed up for. Shutting the company down is another matter but to say their customers were not harmed is just ignorant.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 07:13 PM
 
19,632 posts, read 21,166,838 times
Reputation: 8799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
As a Dem I say this, Maxine Waters is a moron and has no place of finance committee.
I am surprise she is elected... I wonder what her constituents are thinking... or are they thinking? Reminds me of the moron in florida, Grayson or whatever, Harry Reid had to literally threaten him with legal action to leave...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 07:15 PM
 
Location: SoCal & Mid-TN
2,325 posts, read 2,296,349 times
Reputation: 2844
WF is my bank. I think they are all crooks - they just got caught. I choose to stay with them and that is my business, not Maxine's.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 07:20 PM
 
19,632 posts, read 21,166,838 times
Reputation: 8799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
WF is my bank. I think they are all crooks - they just got caught. I choose to stay with them and that is my business, not Maxine's.
I don't know one bank that is still in business and not a crook...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
24,975 posts, read 12,747,249 times
Reputation: 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
CNN amuses me with their opinion news "powerful democrat Maxine Waters". How about we shut down a bank that employs 271k employees what an irresponsible thing to say when we are losing jobs to China all the time. I agree Wells Fargo actions were not good but how did it really hurt their customers? I doubt you can find one customer who lost millions because they opened up a few extra accounts. I would be upset with them and take my business to another bank. Shutting down the company is really extreme.

Top Democrat suggests Wells Fargo should be shut down entirely - Oct. 2, 2017
The conservative crusade to decrease the size of government would end way more jobs than shutting down Wells Fargo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 08:11 PM
 
57,164 posts, read 45,300,885 times
Reputation: 35541
Allow me to translate:

"Politicians demand large campaign contributions from Wells Fargo to get off their backs beyond the legal systems imposition of fines and penalties."

What you're seeing here is extortion and political grandstanding.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:19 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top