Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 05:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So having a fire extinguisher means you are afraid or just prepared? No different than having a gun.
thefragile doesn't have locks on his doors, use salt on his driveway in the winter (if he lives in a climate that supports ice), or uses anti-bacterial soap.

That would be giving into fear.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Nope, because the majority of Americans clearly don't feel the way you do, myself included. I live in a very low crime neighborhood, but there's a lot of gun owners in my area. It's unreal how heavily armed suburban and rural America are, relative to crime rates in the area.
They live in some fantasy world where they can pretend to be Batman or woman.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:33 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Why do rural and suburban white gun owners think if they don't have their gun on them, they're going to be attacked?
They don't. Why do ignorant brainwashed liberal anti gun nuts think they know anything?

Old 10-04-2017, 05:36 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Nope, because the majority of Americans clearly don't feel the way you do, myself included. I live in a very low crime neighborhood, but there's a lot of gun owners in my area. It's unreal how heavily armed suburban and rural America are, relative to crime rates in the area.
It's unreal that people want to defend themselves? Really? That's how you think? men don't need rely on government to defend themselves.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:42 PM

30,144 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Perhaps that is part of why crime is low. Burglars and robbers like unarmed victims and areas with less guns. The gun owners you loathe are probably protecting you more than you think.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:43 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Perhaps that is part of why crime is low. Burglars and robbers like unarmed victims and areas with less guns. The gun owners you loathe are probably protecting you more than you think.
As I said above, that is wrong. The reason why some neighborhoods are low in crime is because they are inhabited by middle class and upper class people who have no desire to commit crime, regardless of the presence of guns.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:46 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
thefragile doesn't have locks on his doors, use salt on his driveway in the winter (if he lives in a climate that supports ice), or uses anti-bacterial soap.

That would be giving into fear.

Keep proving my point. It's amusing.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:48 PM

30,144 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
As I said above, that is wrong. The reason why some neighborhoods are low in crime is because they are inhabited by middle class and upper class people who have no desire to commit crime, regardless of the presence of guns.
You missed what I said. I said burglars will avoid breaking into homes in areas where most people have guns not that the neighbors are criminals. If you live in a nice area criminals from other areas know this and you are a target.

I live in a town where a vast majority of people are armed very low crime. And middle class not high end homes. You would have to be crazy to rob or burglarize someone here because you would likely get shot.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:49 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The thread isn't about black women it's about rural and suburban whites. I'm no longer responding to deflections especially when you make it clear with "what about...".
It's not really a deflection, though. You and the OP are trying to portray rural and suburban gun owners as fearful. Black women are buying guns in record numbers. These black women also live in the suburbs. If whites in the suburbs are buying guns out of fear, would that also not apply to blacks? We're both human, no? What would your reaction be if someone came on here and started a thread saying black women are fearful and ignorant? Maybe I'll start one, just for the hell of it, and you can come tell us how racist whites are.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Keep proving my point. It's amusing.
You have no point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies