Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 09:09 AM

20,865 posts, read 9,529,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How, I said I have a gun next to my bed, that did not include the 3 magazines....I know reading comprehension is a problem sometimes...
Seacove said: 'That's nothing. Some people think they need a gun with three magazines to sleep in a hotel room."
You replied: "And you know this how? Oh, you've talked to them and let me guess, they were also NRA?"

That is, you were questioning how Seacove knew that people slept with guns next to them (whether in a hotel or elsewhere) as if to challenge the assumption. Obviously the part about the 3 magazines was trivial. So I pointed out that people do, in fact, sleep with guns next to them. That you admitted to doing that yourself indicates you were objecting to nothing.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:11 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
EVERYBODY owns guns and has guns and WANTS guns, that's what the left won't admit to. The last time I was in a gun store I saw a Mennonite couple buying a rifle for their daughter to shoot, another time a Mexican couple was looking at handguns. I had a Puerto Rican coworker tell me he carries a pistol on him when he's security in church( that kind of surprised me) and an African American coworker was talking about her concealed carry permit.
Now if we can only get the left to stop killing people to get gun control passed......

Old 10-04-2017, 09:13 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Are you scared, you may have to be polite and respectful of others?
Must be hell living in an echo chamber you call a box.
So you are only polite because you are afraid of getting shot? Your parents did a lousy job teaching you manners.

You would shoot someone who was rude?

Old 10-04-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In the same time Americans have purchased millions of more semi-auto guns. America's gun murder rate is down 52%.

Laws based on emotions, do nothing to facts of the matter. They just take individual liberty.
Speaking of fact, it is a fact that the US's gun ownership rate has been falling for decades.

http://demographicdata.org/wp-conten...ship-Chart.png
Gun Ownership Statistics by State - Demographic Data

Now, what was that you said about gun ownership and murder rates?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-04-2017 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: copyright violation/hotlinking

Old 10-04-2017, 09:15 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
EVERYBODY owns guns and has guns and WANTS guns, that's what the left won't admit to. The last time I was in a gun store I saw a Mennonite couple buying a rifle for their daughter to shoot, another time a Mexican couple was looking at handguns. I had a Puerto Rican coworker tell me he carries a pistol on him when he's security in church( that kind of surprised me) and an African American coworker was talking about her concealed carry permit.
Now if we can only get the left to stop killing people to get gun control passed......
I don't have a gun or want a gun. There's an entire world outside where you live.

2,528 posts, read 1,656,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
So are you sweating it in the airport/on the plane?
No, I'm taking a risk there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
EVERYBODY owns guns and has guns and WANTS guns, that's what the left won't admit to.
I regret to inform you that the majority of people DO NOT own a gun, and this has been the case for quite a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Speaking of fact, it is a fact that the US's gun ownership rate has been falling for decades.

http://demographicdata.org/wp-conten...ship-Chart.png

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-04-2017 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: hotlinking and/or copyright violation

Old 10-04-2017, 09:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
So you are only polite because you are afraid of getting shot?

You would shoot someone who was rude?

We are all individuals and I don't know you and your attributes and like wise. Things can get out of hand quickly if someone has an attitude. Are you prepared for the unknown? Or are you prey?

I'm polite until you are not. How is that.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:19 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Those stats require VOLUNTARY reporting of gun ownership by a household member. I don't know anybody that would answer that question if surveyed. My response, and the response of most gun owners I know would be "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS". So, I don't put much faith in those stats. I look at the record number of gun sales over the past several years, as a better barometer. These stats are certified, and reliable.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:21 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I will be honest. I don't really care to reason with the unreasonable. Those of you who are asking these questions don't care one bit about finding common ground, understanding people you don't agree with or even coming to reasonable conclusions.

you just demand the rest of us comply with your whacky nuttiness. well we aren't interested. We don't have to explain ourselves and we don't really care what your opinion of us happens to be.

The good news is we got Neil on the court so we are safe for a while.
Thank you! I've stopped responding to this type of thread, for the most part. Now I only comment to correct ridiculous "facts" like 'suppressors make guns silent'.

I will make one comment on this particular thread. I'm not scared. Rural life demands a certain level of self sufficiency, and guns are just a tool that helps with that. Not all that different from having winches, chain saws, generators, canned goods and a couple good dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies