Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 06:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
A self -admitted partisan hack makes a claim based on opinion and gets agreement from the hive of like minded group think libs is not new or brilliant. Its routine and many a thread is started by members of the cult.
Perhaps we could have a sticky thread tilted - "The daily outrage void of evidence, facts, and reason to undermine the Presidents agenda". Then if we wanted to view propaganda we could click on the thread to sympathize with losers and wallow in self-pity.
Yeah, before Trump, he was a “partisan hack” that you loved.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:44 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Nice analogy.

I hope someone has pointed out that Will is considered a conservative.
Oh yeah, but he bashed Trump so he's a GOOD conservative, not a mean old bad conservative.

It's so much fun watching libs falling all over themselves as they be loving and slobbering on old Georgie-boy

Old 10-04-2017, 08:18 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Kind of OT, but this is the style of writing that makes me hold George Will in high esteem:

How Miserable It Must Be To Be A Progressive - WaPo

Old 10-05-2017, 04:53 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Oh yeah, but he bashed Trump so he's a GOOD conservative, not a mean old bad conservative.

It's so much fun watching libs falling all over themselves as they be loving and slobbering on old Georgie-boy
There is a difference between love and respect.

I do not "love" George Will. I disagree with him about many, many things. I do, however, respect him as someone who has a brain and uses it. When I want to learn something about conservative thought, as opposed to simple rage, fear-mongering, and pot-stirring, he's my go-to guy, along with Charles Krauthammer.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:16 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
There is a difference between love and respect.

I do not "love" George Will. I disagree with him about many, many things. I do, however, respect him as someone who has a brain and uses it. When I want to learn something about conservative thought, as opposed to simple rage, fear-mongering, and pot-stirring, he's my go-to guy, along with Charles Krauthammer.
Neither men have any use for Trump, so it's natural libs suddenly respect both men. Because they're thoughtful and honorable, right? Both men are also deeply enmeshed in the Washington establishment and before the election Tucker Carlson wrote a wonderful article explaining how the entire establishment is threatened by and rejects Trump. Google it.

There is no such thing as a true conservative in the Washington establishment. You can try Victor Davis Hanson, he insulates himself by living in CA. You won't like him though, he hasn't been corrupted by the Washington elite into their groupthink.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Actually, he did very well while the cameras were rolling.

What did you people expect him to do, wave a magic wand and make everything okay? He promised the help that they need. What more can he do? And help was already there and working well before his arrival, even if the Mayor of San Juan (stupid woman that she is) didn't acknowledge it.

Yes, jump-shooting paper towels into the crowd like a wannabe-Steph-Curry and constantly downplaying Maria in comparison to Katrina was a bang-up job. You're exactly right.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:45 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, jump-shooting paper towels into the crowd like a wannabe-Steph-Curry and constantly downplaying Maria in comparison to Katrina was a bang-up job. You're exactly right.

That photo of him pitching paper towels to people struggling to clean up after two Cat 4/5 hurricanes sums it up.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
While I mostly disagree with George Will's opinions I do read them and they make me think about what he says. I then develop a reason why I disagree with what he proposes.

When I listen to our President I usually just respond with a WTF now? This presidency is turning (actually started that way) as absurd theater. Too bad some of the actors are playing with real nuclear weapons. Words may not hurt anyone but nukes certainly will.

Last edited by GregW; 10-05-2017 at 09:04 AM..

Old 10-05-2017, 08:03 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Neither men have any use for Trump, so it's natural libs suddenly respect both men. Because they're thoughtful and honorable, right? Both men are also deeply enmeshed in the Washington establishment and before the election Tucker Carlson wrote a wonderful article explaining how the entire establishment is threatened by and rejects Trump. Google it.

There is no such thing as a true conservative in the Washington establishment. You can try Victor Davis Hanson, he insulates himself by living in CA. You won't like him though, he hasn't been corrupted by the Washington elite into their groupthink.
My opinion of these men predates Trump's candidacy. I will look up Hanson. I am not interested in anything Tucker Carlson has to say, he is a smarmy little worm.

Don't assume you know what I will or will not like. Cons do that a lot.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:06 AM

833 posts, read 520,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
George Will is brilliant. His writing is amongst the most witty and informative of any opinion columnist out there. While I'm not a fan of his, based largely on his climate change denialism, I have to give credit to his political commentary and journalism, which I find of the highest order.

This morning he said on Morning Joe that Trump's wince inducing trip to Puerto Rico was best described as trying to describe the color turquoise to blind man, in reference to his utter lack of empathy and a shocking inability to bring comfort to an island of millions of people, over 90% of which do not have electricity.
All you've done here is expose your confirmation bias. George Will joined MSNBC because he's smart enough to follow the money. The money right now for pundits is to be a yellow-bellied anti-Trump liberal sympathizer. Why do you think Joe Scarborough has gone off the rails? Glenn Beck has asked begged for forgiveness. CNN has dropped all pretense of objectivity. Headlines from virtually every non-Fox, non-Breitbart media source out there are written with undeniable anti-Trump bias to pull in the rats and losers on the left. It's all about money. Clicks and views. Cha-Ching! You've been swindled and you don't even realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies