Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 09:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Graham is on the Senate Armed Services which is supposed to oversee the Pentagon.
Caught in the headlights Graham trots out the standard lie about defending America (which always seems to satisfy most American zombies)
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...0-troops-niger
Good grief get Graham off the Senate Armed Services, he is an idiot and we already have one as commander and chief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 09:30 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Is there going to be an investigation every time one of our servicemen/woman are killed in a war? I mean, its a war! Casualties are going to happen. So we can go abroad to kill people but we have to find someone to blame if one of ours is killed?

Old 10-26-2017, 09:36 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Is there going to be an investigation every time one of our servicemen/woman are killed in a war? I mean, its a war! Casualties are going to happen. So we can go abroad to kill people but we have to find someone to blame if one of ours is killed?
I agree. Particularly when we're talking about Special Forces, whose missions by course are some of the most risky feasible.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:29 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Graham is on the Senate Armed Services which is supposed to oversee the Pentagon.
Caught in the headlights Graham trots out the standard lie about defending America (which always seems to satisfy most American zombies)
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...0-troops-niger
I honestly think that John McCain is very unwell and we all know what close friends he is with Lindsey Graham - McCain did a big RANT on the Senate floor about troops in Niger and "why don't we know about this" - he actually threatened Sec.Defense Mattis with subpoenas to come and explain to them.

John McCain is the Chairman of the Armed Services Committee .... and clearly needs to be relieved of duty.
Not only did the House & Senate pass Legislation - and signed into Law in 2013, to put Troops in Africa - part of that Law required the President to give the Congress updates on Troop activity in Africa.

Obama sent the letters as required by Law and so has President Trump ..... and yet, McCain, Graham and Schumer ALL say they know nothing about it and had "no idea troops were in Africa or what they were doing there. By the way - Fredericka Empty Barrel Wilson was the Author and Sponser of that "Troops in Africa Legislation.

I write my CongressCritters fairly regularly - I always get back a form letter that makes it clear that they didn't even read my letters. I guess that Senators do exactly the same thing to Congressional Testimony and Letters from the President - IGNORE THEM.

Senators Develop Selective Amnesia About U.S. Troop Presence in Niger After Combat Deaths |PJ Media - 10/23/17

President Obama notified Congress in February 2013 about the introduction of troops there:

On February 20, 2013, the last elements of a deployment of approximately 40 additional U.S. military personnel entered Niger with the consent of the Government of Niger. This deployment will provide support for intelligence collection and will also facilitate intelligence sharing with French forces conducting operations in Mali, and with other partners in the region. The total number of U.S. military personnel deployed to Niger is approximately 100. The recently deployed forces have deployed with weapons for the purpose of providing their own force protection and security.

President Trump reminded Congress about their mission in a letter this past June:

Lake Chad Basin Region. United States military personnel in the Lake Chad Basin continue to provide a wide variety of support to African partners conducting counterterrorism operations in the region. In Niger, there are approximately 645 United States military personnel deployed to support these missions. In Cameroon, approximately 300 United States military personnel are also deployed, the bulk of whom are supporting United States airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance operations in the region. These forces are equipped with weapons for the purpose of providing their own force protection and security, and they will remain in Cameroon, with the consent of the Government of Cameroon, until their support is no longer needed.

Just this past March, U.S. Africa Command head USMC Gen. Thomas Waldhauser testified before Senator John McCain's Senate Armed Services Committee:

Old 10-26-2017, 10:33 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Do you mean to tell me that President Make America Great Again wasn't going to respect separation of powers and start doing something about the executive branch's obvious overreach of military authority.

Well, I'll be star spangled shocked.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:51 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Do you mean to tell me that President Make America Great Again wasn't going to respect separation of powers and start doing something about the executive branch's obvious overreach of military authority.

Well, I'll be star spangled shocked.
Obama sent the troops to Africa, including Niger to train locals how to fight ISIS. He did this in 2013 and they are still there. Those troops in Africa (mostly support and some Green Berets) have been there for years.

Were you "star spangled shocked" that Obama didn't "respect the separation of powers" and his "overreach of military authority?"

Obama sent notifications to Congress about troop movements in Africa
Trump sent notifications to Congress about troop movements in Africa
The Military testified to Congress about troop movements in Africa

Exactly what part of all that do you folks not get???
The letters and Testimony are in the LINK I posted.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:48 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
I would like to know what the hell our Special Forces are doing in Africa.

I don't want to know the particulars, but I sure want to know the mission and its purposes.

There's no war in Niger that we are in that I know about.

And the orange man in the White House, for all I know, may be wanting to start one there. Placing our guys in harm's way is a good way to get a war going.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:07 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times
Default Trump again, throws generals under the bus, blames them for ambush, isn't he the Commander in Chief?

Trump Blames Generals for Niger Ambush That Got Four U.S. Soldiers Killed

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...in-yemen-raid/

This guy likes to take credit for everything, except when things go bad, then he runs for the hills like a coward

True to his form, he blames the generals for the debacle in Niger that led to the deaths of 4 Americans.

He's no leader, he's a punk who will throw anyone under the bus just to save his behind. Snake

Old 10-27-2017, 12:28 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
It’s what he does; it’s what Cult 45 defends.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:45 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good grief get Graham off the Senate Armed Services, he is an idiot and we already have one as commander and chief.
Just think. Graham ran for president. Between him and Trump, I'm glad Trump beat him especially after he said he didn't know where we had troops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies