Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 03:51 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,157,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Walls will do nothing to stop a motivated person from crossing. All we need is to close the loop hole someone who is born on American soil is automatically an american, and level a fine of 40% annual gross revenue against any company who hires, or sub-contracts a person who has not had their identity verified though E-verify. You won't need a wall most will go back when they can't find work, and their kids will no longer be born American. Those 2 things is all we need to fix the problem we have with illegal immigration. What will that cost American tax payers $0
I'll take my chances with a wall before I would take my chances on enforcing what you are proposing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 05:41 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,441,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It's a 30 foot wall. How long a ladder will you need?
Think about it.
Hmmmmm.......a 30 ft ladder.....

Was that a serious question?

Old 10-05-2017, 07:04 AM

62,689 posts, read 28,884,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm not on medicare, nor will I ever be. Our insurance covers us through retirement and life span. Yeah, that's the union life, they take care of you. And we all pay into social security, so we are entitled to what we have paid. But I'm talking about the wall. You can pay for it but leave the rest of us out. How do you feel about that a al carte approach for you. Can you afford it.

Sounds good to me! We pro-wall people will pick up the tab for the $25 billion for the wall (with the possible re-imbursement from Mexico) and you anti-wall people can pick up the tab for the $113 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us). Deal???

Old 10-05-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
A wall won't stop anyone. And I don't want my taxes going towards it. Maybe those who are for the wall should pay for it and leave the rest of us out of it. I'd be ok with that.

You've been in this forum often enough to have seen these two links that I have posted over and over again. How can you still remain in denial when the facts are presented to you. How??????? These types of walls have been very effective and have forced illegal aliens to try and enter thru more difficult and dangerous areas so fewer will try. Those are the areas that we can use more Border Patrol agents.

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/ar...ll0331-ON.html

Old 10-05-2017, 07:11 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,562,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Well I'm sure glad the great negotiator got Mexico to pay for it.
Yeah he said it,he didn't mean it but yeah, he said it.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:13 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,562,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sounds good to me! We pro-wall people will pick up the tab for the $25 billion for the wall (with the possible re-imbursement from Mexico) and you anti-wall people can pick up the tab for the $113 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us). Deal???
I see you use the same numbers Kellyanne took off the back of a kool/aid packet.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
The locks on my car cost probably a few bucks to make... not a few 10's of billions. Cost versus benefit.

Big fail! The government has a much larger budget than you do. Cost vs benefit? How about this? $25 billion for improved walls vs $113 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us. What to do, what to do?

Old 10-05-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I see you use the same numbers Kellyanne took off the back of a kool/aid packet.

No, here's the source.

https://fairus.org/press-releases/il...n-us-taxpayers

Old 10-05-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Because the majority of entries since 2007 are from people who over-stay their visas. The ones who already jumped the wall are already in here, so a new wall isn't going to change that. If you want to tackle the greatest source of illegal immigrants NOW as opposed to prior to 2007, you go after the illegals who have over-stayed their visas, and the employers who hire them.

Who knows more about border protection, Trump or border agents? Even the border agents do not favor a "new and improved" wall.

Please provide a link denoting that the Border Patrol don't want a new and improved wall to make their jobs easier. I'll wait.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Our country is so in debt. Why in the world we be that stupid to spend this kind of money on a wall that won't prevent anything. How about we spend our money on infrastructure which we desperately need.

Wouldn't deterring illegal aliens from entering our country in the first place decrease our debt? Keep remaining in denial it's fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies